Sister Wives

Like others have said, I don't get where they "get" all their monies and WHY do they need to have practically mansions for homes??? They were so sad moving to Las Vegas years ago from their community home in Utah. Only one word comes to mind after all these years....spoiled.

Meri and Kody cut it together. I assume for “show.” It should have been Meri alone though IMO.
You know I didn't think about that at the time. It's Merri's venture, not Kody's or anyone else in the family. Why should he cut the ribbon with her. Do you think it made Meri feel better or worse, or did she even notice it?

But that makes no sense if you’re putting out thousands of extra dollars and digging yourself deeper into debt.
Yes, it seems the move is going to cost them more money than he originally thought...at least that's what it looks like. His sell on the idea was that the market was ripe for selling, so cost effective for the family, and because they never planned on making Los Vegas their home. I'm confused. They have the perfect set up where they are. The older married and soon to be married kids are still there...what's the point?

All of these homes are large- about the same square feet. But are pretty builder grade nondescript homes. And all have the same grouted tile in the bathrooms. That's an immediate turnoff to me. And they seem to back up to a busy road and are surrounded be more development than I would have expected.

What happened to the woman realtor who said the homes would sell in a month?
Yeah, what did happen to her? Guess it's not happening, is it?

Seriously. How many times did she have to say it? They all knew she LOVED the other property. She told them over and over again she preferred it but that she didn't hate the other one. It just wasn't special to her but that she'd be fine. They kept hounding her about it. It was sickening.

Oh, and I think Coyote Pass is ugly. They kept calling it a beautiful property. It was brown, bare dirt everywhere with a pretty mountain view. You aren't going to be living in the view. Your going to be living in brown, bare dirt.
I think it's ugly as well, a dirt patch. They were so impressed with the view. It looked almost like where they are now...I saw mountains in the background where they currently live. It's like moving from one dessert patch to another, and yes, the weather is not as hot, but not much of a difference in landscape. And they will have to build smaller houses for the same price as the ones they have now. I don't get their plan.

i'm now seeing on-line where they bought the property, 3 of the wives are renting but christine is in a home she's already purchased. so how does that even make sense with their long term plans?
Really? That's interesting. Maybe they had to do something stupid to keep the show going. Perhaps they make most of their money from the show. What the heck does Kody do?

I think it's ugly as well, a dirt patch. They were so impressed with the view. It looked almost like where they are now...I saw mountains in the background where they currently live. It's like moving from one dessert patch to another, and yes, the weather is not as hot, but not much of a difference in landscape. And they will have to build smaller houses for the same price as the ones they have now. I don't get their plan.
So I’ve never stood on that land in AZ and really can’t say for sure but that looked like an awful wimpy “mountain view” to me. I live in the same area they did and I have beautiful mountain views. No trees, lol, but mountains yes. I guess they want more of a nature centric home which is cool but one of things I love about living here is that I can get nature, the mountains, the beach etc. in just a couple hours drive anytime I want it.

Meri just aggravates me. She says one thing, but her face tells a completely different story. Did you see her face when they had the discussion about the property, and it looked like Coyote Pass was going to be it? She had a stone face, yet she wants everyone to believe she supports whatever they decide. I can understand why Kody kept asking for her input. She sets herself up for all of this. No one knows how to deal with her. They are all walking on egg shells around her. I think she might have a personality disorder. And...she definitely takes no responsibility for the catfish thing. She wants to portray herself as a victim. And yes, she was catfished, but...she was out there looking for another relationship, that's what gets me. If this had been a real person, she would have fallen in love and pursued it...just my opinion. And I get why Mariah is upset with her. Meri bringing another woman onto the show, to gain sympathy from the family was over the top ridiculous. No one even dared to confront her on the fact that she was looking outside of the marriage for something more than a friend online.

I thought I remembered that they decided that this was a "hot" market for selling, that they should jump on the opportunity to sell in this great market. Still doesn't sound worth it to me, though.

They said hot market, the October 1 shooting that happened where the older kids were going to attend, Vegas values, and the triplets were in 10th grade at the time and didn’t want to move them once they started their Junior year of high school.

IMO, I believe they got their home mortgages under creative financing along with a variable APR and they were on the verge of show cancellation so they threw in a major move into the mix.

They said hot market, the October 1 shooting that happened where the older kids were going to attend, Vegas values, and the triplets were in 10th grade at the time and didn’t want to move them once they started their Junior year of high school.

IMO, I believe they got their home mortgages under creative financing along with a variable APR and they were on the verge of show cancellation so they threw in a major move into the mix.
That's what I was thinking. Let's throw some excitement into the show..."we need the money."

So I’ve never stood on that land in AZ and really can’t say for sure but that looked like an awful wimpy “mountain view” to me. I live in the same area they did and I have beautiful mountain views. No trees, lol, but mountains yes. I guess they want more of a nature centric home which is cool but one of things I love about living here is that I can get nature, the mountains, the beach etc. in just a couple hours drive anytime I want it.

Agree. The Spring Mountains/Red Rock Canyon/Kyle Canyon are way better :thumbsup2 ;-)

I haven't watched this show since the first season & jumped in here to see what was going on these days with the Brown's...
Now I feel like I need a shower

Why don't they just move back to Utah, talk about boosting ratings...ka-pow! And what about those other polygamist families that are on TV now, don't they live in Utah?

Why don't they just move back to Utah, talk about boosting ratings...ka-pow! And what about those other polygamist families that are on TV now, don't they live in Utah?

I believe it’s because in the State of Utah they’ll have arrest warrants issued and/or can be arrested for polygamy. It’s why they fled Utah.

I believe it’s because in the State of Utah they’ll have arrest warrants issued for polygamy. It’s why they fled Utah.
But surely Kody would have known that before he started this most recent "let's move to Utah!" thing.

I’ve admitted that I’m biased but citing the shooting made me furious. It happened in Vegas but not because it was Vegas. That guy targeted multiple areas in multiple places. It could (and has) have happened anywhere. Don’t even get me started on the rest.

But surely Kody would have known that before he started this most recent "let's move to Utah!" thing.

Yes! They even signed paperwork in Utah when they did a polygamy marched in Utah just in case they got arrested that stated who would care for the minor children.

I’ve admitted that I’m biased but citing the shooting made me furious. It happened in Vegas but not because it was Vegas. That guy targeted multiple areas in multiple places. It could (and has) have happened anywhere. Don’t even get me started on the rest.
Yes, Kody did site the shooting as a reason to move, that's right. Las Vegas, dangerous place to live, apparently!

Agreed. We were mad too. Given it’s our hometown. It could of happened anywhere and we know people who were there at the event when it all went down along with a few LVMPD officers, hotel security, and Vegas homeland security. The “helpers” were more prepared for something like this since 9/11.

Ultimately, if someone has the intent to do harm, there’s no amount of deterrence or safe guards to stop a person from doing so.

I believe it’s because in the State of Utah they’ll have arrest warrants issued and/or can be arrested for polygamy. It’s why they fled Utah.
But...aren't those other TV families also living in Utah? Does anyone know? And...he's only legally married to one of them. How can the state prosecute someone for sleeping around? Instead of hiding and cheating, he's basically saying...I cheat and I'm public about it. It's all rather dated if you ask me. And I don't think you can use the example of that infamous polygamist family, to say all polygamist families are abusive. I believe it's a lifestyle choice, not one everyone will agree with, but hey there are lots of alternative lifestyles out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!