Sister Wives

Oh, and I think Coyote Pass is ugly. They kept calling it a beautiful property. It was brown, bare dirt everywhere with a pretty mountain view. You aren't going to be living in the view. Your going to be living in brown, bare dirt.

i so agree.

you look at that property and the area w/housing that's in between those lots and their beloved mountain view and it's devoid of anything other than some random weeds-it's not land that has been cleared of trees in anticipation of building, it's land that's not inclined to natural growth. it was a wind tunnel the day meri and kodi visited, that's not going to change-and trying to get trees to grow there could be a costly and expensive uphill battle.

i get not wanting a steep driveway or a long dirt road but the 2 locations were SO different, i'm with meri on this-why not look further and find a happy medium? i gotta wonder how long IF they will ever be able to break ground-they said they were spending EVERYTHING they had to scrape together the down payment of 10%, and i think i read that those properties ran them $820,000. if they have to pull utilities before they can even break ground on 4 individual homes they are looking at a massive amount of money to come up with (on top of their temporary housing costs). their current homes are still sitting on the market so there's more money going out each month...just not a well thought out purchase/move i.m.h.o. (and all i can think about is those older kids pulled from their schools b/c 'we have to sell NOW, NOW, NOW' knowing that their homes are sitting empty in vegas when they could have still been there finishing out another year of school).

Why didnt they just stay put in Las Vegas until they had homes built and ready to move into in Flagstaff? Now they are paying rent on 4 homes, mortgages on 4 homes and paying for land on top of trying to get things ready to build! Flagstaff is a very high cost of living area! I live fairly close to Flagstaff and go shopping there quite often so I'm always on the lookout for them, haha!

Why didnt they just stay put in Las Vegas until they had homes built and ready to move into in Flagstaff? Now they are paying rent on 4 homes, mortgages on 4 homes and paying for land on top of trying to get things ready to build! Flagstaff is a very high cost of living area! I live fairly close to Flagstaff and go shopping there quite often so I'm always on the lookout for them, haha!

What part of Flagstaff are they planning to build in?

What part of Flagstaff are they planning to build in?
not sure where exactly the coyote pass land is, I believe it's on the back way to the Grand Canyon. One of the houses they are living at is on the road to Snowbowl, my brother delivered a FedEx package to them and Kody started yelling at whichever wife signed for it that he was the only one that was to sign for things!

Exactly. I still don't understand why they were in such a rush...? I get wanting to be there before school started, but paying mortgages/rent on 2 sets of houses makes zero sense.

If they knew the balloon payment was nearing why didn't they buy the land and start building a year ago or so so they could move from Vegas into new homes and not do the rental thing and then move again. Also Robin said 'no more moving' and wants to set roots. Her rental is over a mil $. Maybe that's a permanent home for them and Kody is sticking the wives he doesn't like over in homes on the Coyote Pass land.

i'm now seeing on-line where they bought the property, 3 of the wives are renting but christine is in a home she's already purchased. so how does that even make sense with their long term plans?

I thought it was funny how mad Kody was that nobody wanted to ride in the car with him.

And why were Tony and Mykelti part of this process? I've lost track. Do they live with them? If they do, do they get a say in where the family moves? That's sort of nutty.

None of this makes any sense whatsoever.

Right? First it was all "I want to move back to Utah". OK, AZ isn't Utah.

Then we surmised it was about balloon payments on the 4 homes in LV. But then when you see the numbers floating around on what they're spending, how can that possibly be better?

I was SO angry with Kody in that discussion of 4 homes versus 1! Christine was pretty clear about her feelings on the matter and he clearly is not hearing her. He has an agenda and all he did was bury it for now. He's quite sure he's going to talk her out of it. It's so dismissive. They never should have agreed to the move without a commitment on what the final plan would be.

Then Kody's reaction when the offer was accepted was just odd. He's pissed at the responsibility? He's the one who chose to have 4 wives and 18 kids. He's the one who chose to uproot them all for apparently no reason. Suck it up, dude.

not sure where exactly the coyote pass land is, I believe it's on the back way to the Grand Canyon. One of the houses they are living at is on the road to Snowbowl, my brother delivered a FedEx package to them and Kody started yelling at whichever wife signed for it that he was the only one that was to sign for things!

He sounds like such a piece of work (assuming he ever works.) My aunt and uncle own a 2nd home on the road to Snow Bowl. They're in their 80's and don't get up that way much, but their kids still use the place as a ski lodge in the winter and a summer getaway. I'll have to ask them if they've heard about their new neighbors.

mom2rtk, I haven't even watched the episode yet and I agree with everything you said! ::yes::

Well that’s an odd request given that he also lives in 3 other homes. On any given day assuming he splits time equally, there’s only a 25% chance he’ll be there to sign for the package.

Exactly. I still don't understand why they were in such a rush...? I get wanting to be there before school started, but paying mortgages/rent on 2 sets of houses makes zero sense.

I thought I remembered that they decided that this was a "hot" market for selling, that they should jump on the opportunity to sell in this great market. Still doesn't sound worth it to me, though.

the icing on the cake was his treatment of mary in the final scenes-is he trying to push her to have a nervous breakdown? he is treating her like s***.
I have never liked Meri the best, but he really is treating her so badly...definitely psychological punishment. He's such an all-around jerk!

Finally all caught up. So much to say and no words all at once.

This whole moving thing makes no sense, zero, nada, zip, zilch. There has got to be something else going on. Why do you have to leave NOW when you know if you’re going to build you have a minimum of a year and most likely two before you can move in. The older kids all talk about scholarships they already have, why would you throw that away? And why throw money away on rent on top of it? They’ve got to be house poor/upside down and trying to recoup equity they don’t have. I can think of no other reason why those houses aren’t selling. Something is definitely up/wonky there. I’m telling you I could put my house on the market today, get more than asking price and be moving by next week.

They’ve basically bought “swamp land” in Arizona. Seriously, you hear “possums with plague” and your immediate reaction is “let’s buy it?” As others have said upthread there’s a reason that land wasn’t selling. And oh, what a nice “coincidence” that Robyn’s boy will be going to college there. I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt over the years but that had me seething.

Man bun is bad enough but man bun with scrunchie is just disturbing.

Those final scenes with Kody lashing out at Meri hurt my heart. No wonder she shuts down. What a piece of crap he is.

They wanted the kids to be able to start school there last fall

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter