Sister Wives

Well, at least using that to advantage is smart although the same doesn’t seem to have been true for the Sister Wives Closet thing. I don’t know much about Lularoe except for what I’ve read in a handful of scathing social media pieces. The stuff is pretty hideous though IMO and interestingly I’ve never really noticed her or the other wives wearing it on camera. I’ll start watching closer for it and if fan base = customer base I wonder why it never gets mentioned by name on the show? :confused3
Meri wears it a lot actually. Hopefully she doesn't rely too much on that income, because LLR is in serious risk of going under. They are losing consultants at an alarming rate and facing lawsuits for all the $$ they owe.

Meri wears it a lot actually. Hopefully she doesn't rely too much on that income, because LLR is in serious risk of going under. They are losing consultants at an alarming rate and facing lawsuits for all the $$ they owe.
Was that terrible multi-coloured skirt and dreadful long-sleeved peach t-shirt Lularoe? :drinking1I may turn this into a drinking game. :rotfl2:

My former co-worker and his wife have one of the most successful LuLaRoe businesses in the country.They do live sales on Facebook several times a day. They've already paid off their house and paid cash for a brand new truck. Meri didn't really need all that much money. I joined her group to check it out and her stuff sells quickly because her group is full of fans who want to interact with her. They fawn all over her in the comments. Thanks to the show, she has a built-in customer base. I doubt she'll have any trouble paying off the loan. She could probably do it fairly quickly if he she really tried.

That’s interesting. I find Meri’s clothes very unflattering but it sounds like people buy them.

Well, at least using that to advantage is smart although the same doesn’t seem to have been true for the Sister Wives Closet thing. I don’t know much about Lularoe except for what I’ve read in a handful of scathing social media pieces. The stuff is pretty hideous though IMO and interestingly I’ve never really noticed her or the other wives wearing it on camera. I’ll start watching closer for it and if fan base = customer base I wonder why it never gets mentioned by name on the show? :confused3

It's pretty much all Meri wears on the show. The others wear some of it, too. LuLaRoe is still huge where I live and it's what most of the teachers around here wear. It's not just all crazy patterned leggings anymore, either. My Sister Wife's Closet has some pretty hideous stuff, too, but at least LLR was already popular so Meri wasn't starting out completely cold. I think one of big the differences between the two companies is that with Meri's, she's doing live sales where her fans can interact with her in real time. It has a more personal feel to it. Seriously, watch one of her sales. I think some of them just ask dumb questions so she will respond to the them by name on camera. She also does pop-up sales where her customers (fans) can meet her in person. She has a fan-girl base and she uses it. Maddie and Caleb sell LLR, too. They have a Facebook page CAMO Lularoe.

So this thread has me wondering...I haven’t seen or heard anything about Mykelti and Tony on the new season. I think I spotted Tony when everyone was on their family picnic, but he got zero screen time...

I thought I saw that Mykelti and Christine sold Lularoe as well. Wouldn't they be cutting in to each other's business?

So this thread has me wondering...I haven’t seen or heard anything about Mykelti and Tony on the new season. I think I spotted Tony when everyone was on their family picnic, but he got zero screen time...

Yes, interesting. I actually had forgotten about Tony 8-)

I’m surprised at how many people see Meri as a sympathetic character. I think she’s awful.

Meri admittedly abused Janelle for many years. Even now that she’s not in a position to bully the other wives- Meri is selfish, manipulative, and childish. I give the others a lot of credit for being so patient with her.

AGREE! She is completely awful ... I can’t even bare to watch her .I don’t think I have ever seen anyone so selfish in my life starting with that “ wet bar “ , house budget and the college BS ..

I think that Kody likes to keep drama between the wives. Not only does he thrive on drama and being the great problem solver, he doesn't want the wives too close to one another so that they are a unified group against him. He admitted that he knew he was supposed to tell the others about the closing but then covered it by saying that sometimes he tells things that aren't supposed to be told. It makes him feel (or is that fill ;)) in control.

I’ve only watched the first half so far but it’s infinitely more watchable without the catfishing and Meri boo hooing about something.

I’m not into big, showy weddings but I felt $15,000 sounded reasonable when you consider the cost of catering + venue etc. for the other weddings and all you have to do is show up. My wedding all in was probably $3-4,000 but I had to do SO much myself all I wanted to do when is was over was sleep for a week. They’re fooling themselves about the bar being cheap though. When you have a bunch of teetotalers instead of drinking the punch and whatnot that’s provided they go to your bar and eat up your tab on sodas. Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Aspyn is so laid back and non Bridezilla about it all I can see why they all jumped in and said they were going to make it happen. Well that and the no extra work thing. :rotfl2:

I think there will be trouble down the road for these two though. He wants a polyg lifestyle by all he’s NOT saying. She doesn’t. Both of them hemmed and hawed when asked about it. There should be clear understanding from the outset before they get married.

Last edited:
I’m not into big, showy weddings but I felt $15,000 sounded reasonable

that was just the starting price for the ceremony and the 150'ish 'intimate family' that will be invited to share in the sit down 'family meal'. add to that the cost of the bar and the 'snicky snackies' for the full 400+ that will attend the full blown reception along with the myriad of 'optional add-on's' and it will start adding up beyond their expectations. years ago i worked in wedding sales for a high end venue-we had our hands in everyone's pockets: you could ONLY use our sanctioned/contracted bakery, florist, electronics rental company, dj, photographers.....all who upped their prices for events at our venue to cover the hefty commission we took from them for each event$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

i have to say though-never had a wedding where there was the ceremony, a private smaller reception followed by another larger all at the same place/same day. seems kind of insulting to those who are only invited for the 'after party' (and what do you do if they show up early, keep them waiting in a que outside until the 'intimate family' is done/and the venue is reset to accommodate an additional 250 (and their 'snickie snackies')?

so muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch money available for a wedding when they were worried in the previous episode about meeting their household's needs:rolleyes1

and don't even get me started on kody's beliefs on scoliosis just being a cosmetic issue:furious::furious::furious: my curve was caught early enough that 3 years in a full body back brace (not the partial style that upsets his daughter to wear) narrowly prevented the need for surgery. that didn't however lessen the impact that curve had on safely carrying a child during pregnancy or now in my later years dealing with subsequent issues that aging place on it. i hope that girl gets the medical care and attention she needs in a timely manner.

that was just the starting price for the ceremony and the 150'ish 'intimate family' that will be invited to share in the sit down 'family meal'. add to that the cost of the bar and the 'snicky snackies' for the full 400+ that will attend the full blown reception along with the myriad of 'optional add-on's' and it will start adding up beyond their expectations. years ago i worked in wedding sales for a high end venue-we had our hands in everyone's pockets: you could ONLY use our sanctioned/contracted bakery, florist, electronics rental company, dj, photographers.....all who upped their prices for events at our venue to cover the hefty commission we took from them for each event$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

i have to say though-never had a wedding where there was the ceremony, a private smaller reception followed by another larger all at the same place/same day. seems kind of insulting to those who are only invited for the 'after party' (and what do you do if they show up early, keep them waiting in a que outside until the 'intimate family' is done/and the venue is reset to accommodate an additional 250 (and their 'snickie snackies')?

so muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch money available for a wedding when they were worried in the previous episode about meeting their household's needs:rolleyes1

and don't even get me started on kody's beliefs on scoliosis just being a cosmetic issue:furious::furious::furious: my curve was caught early enough that 3 years in a full body back brace (not the partial style that upsets his daughter to wear) narrowly prevented the need for surgery. that didn't however lessen the impact that curve had on safely carrying a child during pregnancy or now in my later years dealing with subsequent issues that aging place on it. i hope that girl gets the medical care and attention she needs in a timely manner.
I got the impression it was everything but the bar and ‘snicky snackies.’ Maybe I misunderstood. As far as the separate thing it seems it’s kind of like having an “intimate wedding” on one day and then a party after the honeymoon type thing except they’re doing it all at once. I think they’re trying to stave off them just randomly showing up whether they were invited or not. From my experience they are used to a more “open house, cake and punch in the church basement” type of thing. They’re used to not being invited to the wedding but being told to come visit whenever afterwards. The Browns seem to be trying to accommodate that. (They did similar with Mykelti/Tony’s wedding too).

Yeah, I think Kody is in denial about the scoliosis and prognosis. I get not wanting your kid to have surgery but come on dude use your head.

Can you demand 5 bedrooms and a wet bar in the new place if you don't even really live there?

I always had a huge issue with her demanding this in the first place. One child who will be out of the house soon. What on earth does she need a 5 bedroom house for living alone. I can only imagine what her utility bill is like in the summer to cool a giant house. What a waste of "family resources".

I always had a huge issue with her demanding this in the first place. One child who will be out of the house soon. What on earth does she need a 5 bedroom house for living alone. I can only imagine what her utility bill is like in the summer to cool a giant house. What a waste of "family resources".

I could be mis-remembering but I thought she wanted a lot of space so all the kids could come over and have space to spend the night etc. She really would have been cut off from the rest of the family if she couldn't have every body fit in her house.

I could be mis-remembering but I thought she wanted a lot of space so all the kids could come over and have space to spend the night etc. She really would have been cut off from the rest of the family if she couldn't have every body fit in her house.
But did the 5th bedroom add room for family to drop by? As I recall, she only wanted the 5th bedroom because it was the only floor plan that included a wet bar.

I know nothing of LuLaRoe. I still don't get it. But, I just went to their website and they have a Disney collection!?

I cringe every time it comes up on the show. Just fix it now. I have constant neck/shoulder pain from scoliosis and PT has done nothing to improve it. I have no idea how mine wasn't identified and fixed when I was young. It's depressing and overwhelming to think I'll have it for the rest of my life. I would never do that to one of my children.

I couldn't believe Kody's thoughts on the scoliosis. I also think that they should not have been having that conversation in front of Gwendolyn. Once she piped up with her input, they should have known to take it somewhere more private, but I guess it's on tv for the entire family (and world) to see. Kody doesn't listen to anyone, including his wives. He knows all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts