Single Parent Meets

KarenNY

<font color=darkorchid>Chat Host<br><font color=gr
If you're a single parent that would like to get together with other single parents on an upcoming WDW or US/IOA trip, please post here. You might like to share some time, meals, rides, etc.

Guess I will be the first to post

Single Mom ( me ) 34 at trip time
DD age 10 at trip time
DS age 8 at trip time
DMom age xx at trip time

Date 10-28 to 11-6

I Have tickets to MNSSHP on 10-31 in my hot little hand

Hope to see more people posting soon Michelle

This is a great idea!

I am a single mom to Erin who will turn 8 on our WDW trip this summer. We will be at Pop Century from June 26-July 3.

Anyone else going to be there at that time??

Thanks Karen for getting this tread started

I'm a single mom.. dd is 7....ds is 4

US/IOA Dec 18-23
Sheraton safari dec23-26
disney cruise dec 26-30
french quarter dec 30-jan 1

would love to meet other single parents durinf this trip. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I could use some support from those single mom's out there. I am very new to this single parent stuff. My husband passed away May 1, 2004. He was only 39 with no medical problems it was a heart attach.

I am the parent of a 7 yr old boy. (I love him so very much) Anyway, I have reschudled our July trip for Dec 28 thru January 4. I would love to meet some other single parents so they can tell me that I can be single and raise my son, right?

Hi Snowball,
I am very sorry to hear about your husband. My dd is 7 and my ds is 4. We will be back from our cruise on the 30th and will be at WDW until Jan 1. let me know if you would like to get together. We are staying at the POFQ.
Valerie

BTW I am a single parent and Yes you can do it. I've done it since my son was an infant. Let me know if you need any advice.

We went to disney in December of '03 and stayed at Wilderness lodge villas (rented points). But before we rented points we had reservations at POR. So this time I want to stay there. Is it the French Quarter that has just been remodeled?

Any advice on raising childern as a single parent would be appreciated. I never dreamed of ever being in this position. And it makes me sad, mad, very angry, scard, sometimes very weak, sometimes very strong, afraid. Who knows all these emotions?

And the overwhelming knowledge that I am the sole provider, roll model, and manager, keeper, everything,...I no longer have anyone else to rely on. I do trust in God but still very angry with him because we also lost our baby in June of '03 and now having to lose my husband. It just doesn't seem fair.

I know God will not give me more than I can handle...but why does he think I am so strong?

So one day at a time and we will go on and enjoy life. So I am looking forward to a few short camping/boating trips with friends and family.

But this trip to Disney will be "our" family vacation. I am very excited to get out and do this on our own just to prove that we can survive and do all the things that we had planned.

It would be really great if we could get a single parents meet going for the last part of December/January. Since we are both staying at POR it would be great to meet.

And by the way my name is also Valerie, how weird!

Hi Valerie
Yes the frnech quarter is the one that was remodeled. I will be ther from Dec 30-jan 1. We are going to the Luau on the 30th. I will prop hang out at the resort on the 30th and go to a park on the 31st. I don't know which one yet or what where we will have dinner on the 31st. I want to do somethign fun but I don't want to feel out of place. Do you have plans.? It would be great to meet up. You can e-mail me if you would like.
vjb1007@optonline.net

Hey Valdisney, I sent you an email. I hope you received it. My email is down and have possibly lost all my messages since 5/28 and not currently recieving any email. So if you resonded I am not ignoring you, its just that I can't get any mail.

Which luau are you going to, the 5 or 8 o'clock one?

Hi Snowball,
I was windering what happened to you. I received an e-mail and responded on 5/28.
I am going to the luau on dec 30 at 5.
Did you make any plans yet for DEc.
Speak to you soon.
Valerie

We just need to order our tickets. I have my reservations at POR and awaiting confirmation. I also have us in for the 5 0'clock luau. Will we get tickets for that or is it just a reservation?

So if all holds thru we will at least be in the same place at the same time.

Have you been on a cruise before? My son is bashful and I just don't think he would leave me to do some of the kids stuff. And are there kids and parents stuff to do together, or do the kids do their own thing?

And my e-mail is working again, but I did lose the email that you sent me. Could you please try it again if you saved if?

Had my first golf lesson today, after some practice I actually hit the ball!

Hi Snowball,
I e-mailed you so I hope you get it.
This will be our 1st cruise together. From everything I heard it seems to be great. Some single parents wrote on the board that it was wonderful. Together with the kids I will hang by the mickey pool, dinner and shows. I will put them in the club around lunch so I can have a relaxing lunch and swim. My daughter will def go , my son , maybe ...
very cool about the golf lesson..I have only done the miniture version.

Originally posted by bigsis1970
Guess I will be the first to post

Single Mom ( me ) 34 at trip time
DD age 10 at trip time
DS age 8 at trip time
DMom age xx at trip time

Date 10-29 to 11-7 ( off site Tropical palms 10-29 to 11-1 then over to the Beach Club Villas till 11-5 then off to WL thru 11-7 )

Have tickets to MNSSHP on 10-31 in my hot little hand

Hope to see more people posting soon Michelle

Hi!
Single mom here - 38, dd9 and dmomXX going 10/30 - 11/06. First we'll be at VWL, MNSSHP 31st with LTT at 4pm, switching to BCV 3rd - 6th. I'm going to try to get an Illuminations boat for the 3rd, 4th or 5th if you're interested.
:wave2:

HI Liz ! That would be great - me and the kids have done one before but not my Mom. Please let me know if you do get one for any of the dates listed and we will be happy to join you (and of course chip in ) I did have to adjust my dates a little to get better airfare so now its 10-28 to 10-31 at TP with MNSSHP on 10-31 and then over to BVC on 11-1 to 11-4 and then one night at WL 11-5 for my mom.. I am going to also send you a PM .. Thanks Michelle

Single mom, 38, DD 10 will be at Pop! 10-29 & 30, OKW Oct 31 to 11-5. Doing MNSSHP 10-30 and hanging out at the Boardwalk on 31st!

What is defined as "single" parent? I consider myself one even though I am just divorced, I don't have my daughter all the time :( but when I'm with her I feel like a single parent. It definitely makes it easier to meet up with others in the same circumstances.

Those of you who are truly single parents, wow, I really admire what it takes to do that, especially when the kids are younger, but there is no more important aspect of our life (to me at least) than our children...

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 11, 2005 7:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=darkblue>Long Way to Go!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'At last!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

1970 - Disneyland
1999 - All-Star Music
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside
2004 – Contemporary
*2005* – Coronado Springs Resort/Polynesian

I am a single parent with 2 teens ages 18 and almost 17. We're going on the Disney Wonder 8/19/04 and then staying at a timeshare until 8/26/04. Anyone else going then? Would love to meet up with other single parents.

I am not a single parent exactly but my husband travels a great deal for work so we usually only see him on the weekends (late Friday night til late Sunday nights). My daughter (who turns 8 in Dec) and I will be in WDW Dec 12th thru the 18th at the Polynesian--doing the MVMCP on the 14th!!

Joanie princess:

It looks like our daughters are the same age. too bad we'll be missing each other on this trip. I will be arriving on dec 18th. Maybe we can plan trip in the future.
Valerie

Sounds good to me. My daughter and I usually go twice a year. Usually in May and December but next year we don't want to go in May--it's just too hot--we are thinking maybe Oct and Dec for next year!!!

Joanie princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!