Single Parent Meets

Single mom here. The first time I went to disney was with my DD when she was 12. Ever since, we have been going together every year in August (sometimes twice a year-for Christmas and New Years) and she is now 17. You will be fine. I always feel very safe and it is about the only place a 17 year old and her mom can go with each other, and be the same age!

MEG&MINNIE said:
I WOULD LIKE TO GO DOWN TO WDW IN AUGUST WITH MY DD 9 .I'VE BEEN TO WDW 4 TIMES BEFORE BUT ALWAYS WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY(HUSBAND AND SONS).I'M A LITTLE HESITANT ABOUT TRAVELING ALONE WITH MY DAUGHTER .CAN ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS TRAVELLED ALONE WITH CHILDREN REASSURE ME THAT I CAN MAKE A TRIP ALONE WITHOUT BEING A LITTLE NERVOUS . ::MinnieMo princess:

You'll have a great time! I'll be there with another single mom the 21st - 26th of August. I have a dd9, and my friend has a dd9 and ds5. If you're going down around then maybe we can meet up. (We usually fly out of PVD, but with Jetblue coming to Hyannis we'll fly from here. Where in MA are you?)
Have a great day and go Pats:cheer2:
~Liz :wave2:

Thanks for the reassurance, I don't usually mind traveling alone with my daughter( or sons ),but I'm never more than a few hours from home and a quick phone call...I always go to the Cape for vacations and do't give it a second thought !I'm sure I'll be fine...once I arrive and relax I'll probally never think about it again. I'd like to go down in August ..not sure of the dates, but we'll have to be home and settled in before school starts (which is always the week before Labor Day)here outside Worc. Thanks again !!! ::MinnieMo princess:

MEG&MINNIE said:
I'M A LITTLE HESITANT ABOUT TRAVELING ALONE WITH MY DAUGHTER .CAN ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS TRAVELLED ALONE WITH CHILDREN REASSURE ME THAT I CAN MAKE A TRIP ALONE WITHOUT BEING A LITTLE NERVOUS . ::MinnieMo princess:

I am a single father (divorce) and have taken my son (6) to WDW three seperate times. We ALWAYS have a great time! We are preparing for another trip this summer. Enjoy the time and memories!

Any other single dad's out there? I'm a divorced mom (47) living in the Seattle area taking my DS18 for a graduation present June 28 - July 6. I would like to be able to meet other singles with older kids, maybe for a drink! Sounds like a good way to unwind in the evening. We'll be staying at Wilderness Lodge. I can't wait. We got 10 day park hopper passes and the Magic Your Way Package with dining! DS said I HAVE to go on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster with him so he's going to have to go on Tower of Terror with me! I have to grow old, I don't have to grow up!

Hi everyone,

My DS (12) and I are traveling August 13-25, perhaps we can meet?

We are staying at the ASMO Resort 8/15-8/18, 2005
then catching a cruise to celebrate my DS's "coming of age" (i.e. 13th b-day :earseek: ) 8/18/-8/21/2005
Then coming back to UO/IOA from 8/21-8/23, 2005

Would love to meet and greet other single (all types, including those leaving the spouse at home) parents.

My DS is very used to being around girls, so if your DD's don't care, my DS won't.

MEG&MINNIE said:
I WOULD LIKE TO GO DOWN TO WDW IN AUGUST WITH MY DD 9 .I'VE BEEN TO WDW 4 TIMES BEFORE BUT ALWAYS WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY(HUSBAND AND SONS).I'M A LITTLE HESITANT ABOUT TRAVELING ALONE WITH MY DAUGHTER .CAN ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS TRAVELLED ALONE WITH CHILDREN REASSURE ME THAT I CAN MAKE A TRIP ALONE WITHOUT BEING A LITTLE NERVOUS . ::MinnieMo princess:

You will be fine, I promise. I have been a single mom for almost 13 years (DS will become a teenager in Disney :earseek: Think of your time together as a girls only party!

We are coming to WDW in August (14-25) and planning on having a BLAST!!

mist_e_rose2002 said:
You will be fine, I promise. I have been a single mom for almost 13 years (DS will become a teenager in Disney :earseek: Think of your time together as a girls only party!

We are coming to WDW in August (14-25) and planning on having a BLAST!!

I second that! Just having the girls together will be loads of fun!

I'm a single mom and I'll be on the 4/3 and 4/7 Wonder sailings with my two boys, 14 and 10. I've taken two Disney cruises and one trip to WDW as a single mom. By far, the cruise is much easier than WDW to do as a single parent. Any other singles on these two cruises? I'd love to share a table at Palo, that's the only thing I don't really like to do by myself. Glad to see other single parents out there that enjoy Disney.

Hey I am going to dw april25th - april30th. Then the disney wonder cruise the next 4 days. Any single dads going at the same time?? :earboy2:

:grouphug:

Single mom (36) and DD's 7 and 9.
We'll be at WDW June 27 - July 5th.

You should have seen their faces when I said we were going to WDW this year :love1: This will be our second trip.

Is it time to go yet? :hourglass

I'll be there from May 6-13 with my 5 year old DD... we can't wait! If anyone else is going I would love to meet up for lunch or something...

Hi,
Going to WDW in oct(somehere during the last 2 weeks) DS 5 and dd 8
Any other singles, single parents or anyone w same age kids who need playmates?
Valerie

rhiansmom said:
I'll be there from May 6-13 with my 5 year old DD... we can't wait! If anyone else is going I would love to meet up for lunch or something...

Hey! I'll be with my 6 year old DS on May 6 and 7. Perhaps we could do lunch and fun. He would love to have somebody to ride the rides with, and I could stand some adult company by that time. Are you interested?

Love That Mouse said:
Hey! I'll be with my 6 year old DS on May 6 and 7. Perhaps we could do lunch and fun. He would love to have somebody to ride the rides with, and I could stand some adult company by that time. Are you interested?

I just sent you a PM... sounds like it could work out!!

Hi,

DD going with my little girl who is 11 in mid July (11th to 20th). Although I am good company for my daughter I know she ultimately enjoys more being with her girlfriends that are around her age. If anyone is interested in perhaps meeting a few times during this period please let me know. We had a friend from school coming with her mother but that fell through.

Oh shoot we miss you by a week -- I am a single mom w/ DD age 11 (and a DS age 8-who makes friends a mile a minute) abd my DD is sort of shy - oh well .. best of luck to find a pal !! Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter