single digits are here 1 sleeps to go!

Oh yeah, the Jones law, or something like that. You think they would know about that before taking bookings.

Is this a new itinerary for them? :confused3

Oh yeah, the Jones law, or something like that. You think they would know about that before taking bookings.

i've been reading a lot of the DCL cruise boards and it seems that not many people were doing the B2B vancouver cruise so it wasn't an issue, or they were booking different rooms & such and it not appearing on the DCL system as a B2B but now they have to crack down on it... they do B2B in the caribbean all the time as they sail to nassau which is considered a foreign destination of far enough distance so that they can do this... but vancouver isn't considered foreign enough or far away enough....

i seriously hope that this works out for you... it really sucks that they are putting you in this situation.

are you considering the first trip with a different cruise line, then the 2nd with DCL, or vice versa??

Its there repo cruise from Vancouver to LA the first cruise is Seattle to Vancouver

i've been reading a lot of the DCL cruise boards and it seems that not many people were doing the B2B vancouver cruise so it wasn't an issue, or they were booking different rooms & such and it not appearing on the DCL system as a B2B but now they have to crack down on it... they do B2B in the caribbean all the time as they sail to nassau which is considered a foreign destination of far enough distance so that they can do this... but vancouver isn't considered foreign enough or far away enough....

i seriously hope that this works out for you... it really sucks that they are putting you in this situation.

are you considering the first trip with a different cruise line, then the 2nd with DCL, or vice versa??

I was sort of prepared to wait it out with a contingency plan in place but DH said last night what if they let them get away with the May one and then crack down on the Sept one way to much money to risk.
So the Alaska cruise is going and we will stay on the Vancouver to LA and now we have to decide whether to go on another cruise line or just not go.:confused3
The other cruises are slightly different dates and at this stage i just dont know what to do the thought of being able to slash 10g of right now is very appealing but what on Earth do we do with that week then and the whole reason we are going down there in the first place is to go to Alaska:headache::headache::headache:
To say i am unimpressed with the way DCL is handling this is an understatement i checked with them about this cruise before i booked and paid my deposits:sad2:

Oh no! I have no idea what I'd do. Is there another way to explore Alaska? Or could you do the Alaska Cruise and not the repo cruise? Maybe fly to LA and spend a week there instead?

Oh no! I have no idea what I'd do. Is there another way to explore Alaska? Or could you do the Alaska Cruise and not the repo cruise? Maybe fly to LA and spend a week there instead?

The problem is we were really looking forward to cruising for our last 13 days after such a long busy time away DH is looking forward to relaxing on the last 6 days as he gos back to work the day after we go home and we already have a week in LA before we got to Seattle.
Price is also playing a big factor in our decision if we are only doing one cruise the Repo is half the price of Alaska and we can go do Alaska on another cruise line:eek: i so dont know which one to choose. NCL is offering kids under 12 excursions free and half price excursions for 13-17 year olds but by the time you add in all the extra expenses :scared1: i just don't know which way to go.
I'm also looking at Celebrity:confused3:confused3
I'm actually starting to contemplate booking nothing and seeing what last minute fares there are am i crazy or what:rotfl2: imagine having nothing booked for a whole week i think DH would have a fit:rotfl:

I wonder if Disney might fit in a sidetrip to Ensenada -apparently this is foreign enough to satisfy Jones Act requirements.!!

I wonder if Disney might fit in a sidetrip to Ensenada -apparently this is foreign enough to satisfy Jones Act requirements.!!

I looked at the map and that is so doable why would they just not save themselves the hassle and do that I still can't believe that They could make such a mistake like this.

oh no that really sucks with your b2b cruises. I frequent the DCL boards and saw that being discussed. I hope that you can find another cruise that fits into your itinerary gap. I'm headed to Alaska with my DS3 in July and am so excited about hte whole Alaska thing.

But if you do get *stuck* in Vancouver there is so much to do in and around Vancouver that is pretty amazing. Seattle, Mt Rainer, Victoria and Vancouver Island, Whistler (even in summer!), Van itself has lots to do and see.

Hope you find a solution that works for your family.

oh no that really sucks with your b2b cruises. I frequent the DCL boards and saw that being discussed. I hope that you can find another cruise that fits into your itinerary gap. I'm headed to Alaska with my DS3 in July and am so excited about hte whole Alaska thing.

But if you do get *stuck* in Vancouver there is so much to do in and around Vancouver that is pretty amazing. Seattle, Mt Rainer, Victoria and Vancouver Island, Whistler (even in summer!), Van itself has lots to do and see.

Hope you find a solution that works for your family.

Thanks I am not sure what we are going to do DH is not that keen on just looking around for the week I am researching other cruise lines but still can't decide what we should do we will have to drop a night of speedway and loose 2 nights accom to go on another line? I do like the look of Whistler and there is lots to do but it's just not Alaska or DCL I can't wait to hear about your July cruise what excursions are you doing?

Hope they get it sorted soon, so you can start making other arrangements if you need to (hope you don't need to).

Hope they get it sorted soon, so you can start making other arrangements if you need to (hope you don't need to).

me to i want the next 25 days to go really quickly so they can tell me what is going on its starting to make me a nervous wreck:rotfl:

:scratchin I'm trying to find one that shows crazy :crazy::crazy::crazy2::crazy2: cause i am sure i am :rotfl2: today i broached the subject with DH about going back for Christmas this year instead of next year :eek: i knew it was not a good idea to buy AP's :lmao: anyway its a possibility since we will already have travel insurance and AP's actually he told me to do what i want so i am going to pretend i did not hear the sarcasm in that :santa:

:cool1:Well we have booked NCL for Alaska its easy for Disney to say wait till the 28th and we will let you know but that doesn't work for us there were just to many variables.

:rolleyes1 We did not save any money by doing this i booked a 2 bedroom suite which i am looking forward to and i booked and paid for the shore excursion we wanted the most.

Now lets all will that $ back up, up and up:lmao:

:cool1:Well we have booked NCL for Alaska its easy for Disney to say wait till the 28th and we will let you know but that doesn't work for us there were just to many variables.

:rolleyes1 We did not save any money by doing this i booked a 2 bedroom suite which i am looking forward to and i booked and paid for the shore excursion we wanted the most.

Now lets all will that $ back up, up and up:lmao:

WAMUMOF4, I know nothing of cruise companies so I'm totally impressed that you have been able to find a comparable cruiseline that suits your trip. I had a quick look at the NCL website and the pricing seems so reasonable. I've always thought of cruising as being an expensive way to travel but some of those prices have me thinking again.

I'm really glad you have your cruise sorted and that you now have peace of mind.

WAMUMOF4, I know nothing of cruise companies so I'm totally impressed that you have been able to find a comparable cruiseline that suits your trip. I had a quick look at the NCL website and the pricing seems so reasonable. I've always thought of cruising as being an expensive way to travel but some of those prices have me thinking again.

I'm really glad you have your cruise sorted and that you now have peace of mind.

:thumbsup2 Thanks i feel much better now its booked and we know what we are doing its funny because i was the same and i always thought doing an Alaska cruise would be out of the question for us until we didn't have the kids at home i was pleasantly surprised to know it was within our budget and i am very happy to be paying the extra to have the 2 bedroom suite so we are all together and for the extra space there is no way on earth i could do that on the DCL ship unless it was the only thing we were doing.

:rolleyes1 Its become crunch time and i was so stressed about how much we still had to pay and i really couldn't cope with relying on tax returns after our recent experience (my receipts for computers that you can no longer read now become invalid so i am getting nothing back on my education tax refund from 2010:sad2:)

So our new plans as booked yesterday are no Seattle no Alaska instead we are flying to Orlando doing a 4 night dream cruise and staying at WDW for 12 nights we will be going to Universal for 3 days during the Rock the Universe concerts and hopefully doing the Mickeys Not so scary Halloween party on the 11th of Sept.
We also plan on going to Legoland one of the days. Originally we were going to do 4 nights at Nick resort and the rest at WDW but we decided we may as well have the free dining for the whole time.
I still have some dining reservations to make i only changed from 8 days to 12 this morning but so far we have had no problem getting everything we wanted:yay:

12days at WDW cant be bad!!

:dance3:

Thats a bummer about the receipts - is there not an entry on your bank statements that marries up - I would be peeved about that! Especially considering they are just giving that money away now!

12days at WDW cant be bad!!

:dance3:

Thats a bummer about the receipts - is there not an entry on your bank statements that marries up - I would be peeved about that! Especially considering they are just giving that money away now!

I am looking forward to the 12 days at WDW we will probably only do 4 park days:)

I am really peeved but what can i do the receipts are faded beyond reading and unfortunately because our visa debit card had been skimmed we were paying cash for everything:furious:

:lmao:This is the bit that really cracks me up because the internet is in DH's name they want me to work out how much time we used it and how much the kids used it and calculate the % :lmao::lmao: I'll just rewind to 2009/10 and work that out:rotfl:

:rolleyes1 and they wonder why only 25% of people that were entitled to it put in a claim

wow that really stinks about your education tax refund.

and wow... changing your plans with less than 2 mths to go.. that's really brave :)

I am looking forward to the 12 days at WDW we will probably only do 4 park days:)
Free dining and 4 park days for a 12 day stay? Doesn't that mean you have to buy tickets for 12 days for free dining? Isn't it only with Magic Your Way Room AND Ticket packages?

:rolleyes1 and they wonder why only 25% of people that were entitled to it put in a claim

According to family assistance we weren't entitled, maybe I should have just claimed it and if they didn't want to pay me they could have said no...

This government is a joke, and the jokes on us...

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter