"simon" at american idol - who is he really

CDizney

DIS Veteran
Hi there...something funny to share with everyone.

Anytime I've been to the AI attraction at Hollywood Studios, there is a mid-age blond man who plays the part of "Simon"-like judge for the show. He is the judge whose job it is to mostly say mean things to the contestants which one would expect.

However, one day after seeing the AI show I was at EPCOT at "Journey Into Imagination" and came off the ride into the interactive gift shop area. There to my immediate left in the first interactive booth for Kodak was "Simon" the judge from AI and I was shocked. I don't know why but I figured he was hired by Disney to be some high paid actor to play "Simon" for AI and I began to question if the other two judges you see with "Simon" are also real people who can critic singers for the show. Not that running the Kodak booth is any less important but normally I see younger cast members work this booth. That day I saw him at JIM it was dead as a doornail and he had not much to do so I went up to him and said "Aren't you supposed to be over at AI" and grinned. He laughed and said "I'm also a camera expert you know but I just go where they put me" and he grinned.

Now that I look back on the AI show at HS, I should have realized "Simon" is not a true music critic and is there to add some fun to the show but the other two judges do provide what I can say is real feedback for the contestants.

I was tickled pink and just wanted to tell all to keep their eyes open for "Simon" on the move!

When I was at AI, I saw a different "Simon", he was an Australian guy
with dark hair.

My daughter performed in the first show and again in the finale, the judges and host were different for the first and finale show of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter