Simba's Summer (July) 2015 W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge!! Any and All welcome to join!!

Is anyone else like this? You know WHAT to do to achieve your goals, but you just have trouble doing it? What measures have you put in place to help yourself stay on track? Looking back on July as we prepare to move into August, did these measures work for you, or do you need to adjust them?

I know exactly what I need to do to achieve my goals - get my eating under control exercise consistently. Doesn't stop me from eating everything in sight and then not exercising.

I've tried tracking my food, and it definitely helps ... when I remember to do it regularly. I've also tried meal planning, which helps when I stick to the plan. I haven't done either of those lately.
So starting with tomorrow (today's a religious fast day for me so I don't really need to worry about eating too much, just taking it easy so that I don't dehydrate) I'm tracking my breakfast, lunch, and snacks the night before, and dinner right after I eat (I don't make my own dinner, so I rarely know what I'll be having in advance). I've already got breakfast (yogurt & granola), lunch (veggie burger), and 2 snacks (PB on celery & a plum) tracked for tomorrow!

In terms of exercising ... I've been putting exercise on my to-do list every day, but skipping it sometimes. I think I'm just not motivated some days.
I run 2 or 3 times a week, and I'm generally pretty good about sticking to that, but when I schedule other exercise, I tend to skip it. I think that I'm going to try working 1-2 days of rest into my schedule (previously I'd just done a few lower intensity days) and hopefully that will keep me motivated on the non-rest days.

I'm so frustrated with myself, y'all!! I know you guys will understand. I was having SUCH a good day, eating-and-exercise wise. Weighed in down 2lbs this morning, kept my carbs down for the day, burned 500 calories doing yardwork this morning, and had grilled chicken planned for dinner (it's even marinating in the fridge right now!)... and then DH2B mentioned pizza. I NEVER want pizza. But tonight it sounded SO GOOD. So I gave in. Figured how bad could it be, especially after today? Well, I IMMEDIATELY regretted the decision, because now I feel absolutely disgusting, and I checked the nutrition info - I inhaled 120 carbs. COMPLETELY wrecked my entire day. I'm SO mad at myself. Ugghhhh. I wish I could just backspace out and make that choice again - totally would've just gotten up and cooked the chicken in the fridge. >:(>:(>:(

I'm so frustrated with myself, y'all!! I know you guys will understand. I was having SUCH a good day, eating-and-exercise wise. Weighed in down 2lbs this morning, kept my carbs down for the day, burned 500 calories doing yardwork this morning, and had grilled chicken planned for dinner (it's even marinating in the fridge right now!)... and then DH2B mentioned pizza. I NEVER want pizza. But tonight it sounded SO GOOD. So I gave in. Figured how bad could it be, especially after today? Well, I IMMEDIATELY regretted the decision, because now I feel absolutely disgusting, and I checked the nutrition info - I inhaled 120 carbs. COMPLETELY wrecked my entire day. I'm SO mad at myself. Ugghhhh. I wish I could just backspace out and make that choice again - totally would've just gotten up and cooked the chicken in the fridge. >:(>:(>:(

I have this exact same problem! I'll be thinking about how awesome I'm being with eating healthy, working out and what not. Then DH is like "We should have X for dinner". Then my brain goes on overdrive and I eat horribly and wreck the day! It totally stinks. Fortunately, it's only one day and one meal.

I'm finding for me I have to take an all-or-nothing approach to exercise. If I schedule a down day, I find it that much harder to pick it up again the next day, and easier to make excuses why one more day off wont hurt. So I'm doing my cardio every. single. day. I have a couple different videos I alternate between.

I've been surprised to figure out this month that probably the biggest deal for me is sleep. I was averaging 7.25-7.5 hours of sleep for the first half of the month, and totally knocking out my step/exercise goals easily. Then for about a week I only averaged 6.25-6.5 hours a night, and it was SO MUCH HARDER for me to get in my steps and exercise. I still forced myself to do it, but barely cleared my 12,000 instead of being several thousand steps over, and it was exhausting! And it seems to be harder to make good food choices when I'm tired as well. So one of my new goals will be to make sure I'm in bed early enough (I'm a total night owl!) to get 7.5 hours of sleep every night.

Sorry I have been M.I.A. Things seem to be hectic around here. Can't wait for my Disney vacation in Nov. I need it lol.
So I lost another lb. Been keeping up with my walking. I'll say 90% with my walking goal and 30% with weight. Next month I'm taking a new approach and see if it works. I like to change things up lol.

I'm sorry you had such a rough end to the day! I would argue that you still had a good day (nice loss, good choices for much of the day, lots of activity). But yes, we've all been there. And we will all be there again. I hope the grilled chicken made a great dinner tonight!

[QUOTE="JennysSeven, post: 54123016, member: 553994"
I've been surprised to figure out this month that probably the biggest deal for me is sleep. I was averaging 7.25-7.5 hours of sleep for the first half of the month, and totally knocking out my step/exercise goals easily. Then for about a week I only averaged 6.25-6.5 hours a night, and it was SO MUCH HARDER for me to get in my steps and exercise. I still forced myself to do it, but barely cleared my 12,000 instead of being several thousand steps over, and it was exhausting! And it seems to be harder to make good food choices when I'm tired as well. So one of my new goals will be to make sure I'm in bed early enough (I'm a total night owl!) to get 7.5 hours of sleep every night.[/QUOTE]

I have this exact problem! It is SO much easier for me to stay on track during the day if I got enough sleep the night before, but it takes so much for me to make sure I actually get enough sleep. I work 7:30a-4:30p Monday-Friday, so I'm trying to find that happy medium of tackling everything I need to get done after I get home around 5pm, plus cook dinner, walk for 30 minutes, do light weights, and still make it to bed (and be asleep!) around 9 or 9:30pm so I can get up around 5am the next morning to make sure I have time to make breakfast/lunch, shower, etc. and leave the house by 7am. So far it is not working out! I am a night owl for sure so unless I force myself to go to bed, it's 11pm or later before I get tired enough on my own to go. I'm not sure exactly how to fix this, but I know I want to work on it in August.

Happy woohoo Wednesday, gang!

My woohoo for today is this:

image.jpg

Still have a ways to go (11lbs away from my "I think if I hit this by the wedding I'll be happy" weight) but I'm definitely excited about being down 20lbs! The flat line from February to the beginning of June is when j didn't use my Lose It app at all because I wasn't doing anything (for a billion reasons). When I started in January, I was at 227lbs, and when I started in June I was pretty much in the exact same place. It definitely felt good this morning to pull out a shirt I hadn't worn since September 2014 and find that it was a little lose!

Happy woohoo Wednesday, gang!

My woohoo for today is this:

View attachment 112655

Still have a ways to go (11lbs away from my "I think if I hit this by the wedding I'll be happy" weight) but I'm definitely excited about being down 20lbs! The flat line from February to the beginning of June is when j didn't use my Lose It app at all because I wasn't doing anything (for a billion reasons). When I started in January, I was at 227lbs, and when I started in June I was pretty much in the exact same place. It definitely felt good this morning to pull out a shirt I hadn't worn since September 2014 and find that it was a little lose!

Awesome! That's a great WooHoo - you're making really great progress!

My WooHoo Wednesday is a 5.2 mile run/walk ... in the 80+ degree heat. I was able to stay cool by finding a tree-lined path, I kept my speed slow, and I made sure to drink lots of water, and I had a good run.
It was a great way to bounce back from my terrible eating yesterday.

How's everyone else doing on this WooHoo Wednesday?

Morning, everyone! Can't believe it's July 30th already. 2015 is just flying by! Hopefully we all get a break from this crazy heat soon - yesterday was our hottest day of the year, with heat indexes up to 120, and 90% humidity. UGH.

Just a friendly reminder to be sure to sign up for the August challenge if you haven't done so yet and you'd like to participate! We've got a good strong group of participants so far, but there's always room for more!

The August thread can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/ab...ss-challenge-any-all-welcome-to-join.3432542/

See you there!

I normally walk on the treadmill at an incline because it is easier on my knees. This morning I thought I would go to the local park and walk. DH didn't want me to go alone so I took DD (11) thinking okay she is the active one so we can do this together. On the way there I asked her if she was going to stay with me. Her reply was only if I don't walk to slow:snail:. Well, I was AHEAD :tiptoe:of her the entire time. I only got in 2 miles because she was tired and wore shoes that hurt her feet. I had to come home and finish the last 3 miles on the treadmill.:rolleyes:

Last check-in for this month. I got 100% of my walking in. I managed to lose 4 of the 5 lbs I had for my goal so I am going to focus on the positive and hope to keep it up.

According to this morning's weigh-in, I'm down 2 lb... aka 100% of goal! I haven't ended the month at my goal in a while, so this feels really good and I'm hoping it happens again next month!

I ended my goal at 30%. But I'm not giving up. I did get great news from my doctor today. My weak immune system is back to being healthy. Plus he gave me advice towards my weight loss. :)

Final check in for July!

Weighed in at 210.2 this morning so down 6 for the month - 150% of my 4 pound weight loss goal. Yay!

Unfortunately I only did 3/9 upper body workouts.

So together that puts me at 91.5% of my goals for the month. Not bad but lots of room to improve in August!

Didn't do my final check-in yesterday...I ended the month at 156.4, or 5.6 lbs. down. My goal was 4 lbs. I did my cardio every day except 1, and I exceeded my 12,000-step goal every day except 2. I'm very happy with my progress for July! Oh, and according to my UP24 app, I walked a grand total of 215.7 miles in July. I never would have believed I could walk that much, lol!

Well, I did a lousy job keeping up with how many steps I was getting or how much water I was drinking over the last week of July. But, I managed to get to 100% at last week's check-in so, I guess I'm okay. See you in the August thread...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter