Shuttle service from Clearwater Beach?

annamonte

Tired of the old tags!
Hey transportation experts... HELP!

I am currently planning a trip "back to the World" for Feb. 2006. My parents will be in Clearwater Beach during that time and said they would love to meet us for a couple of days during our stay.

The problem is, they do not drive while down there... are there any bus services/limos that I can look into for them? They would come early on a Wed. morning and leave late Thursday night....

any info would be appreciated! Thanks! :flower3:

A limo would probably be expensive it's about an hour and a half each way.

The only thing I could think of, would be for you or someone from your family to rent a car and pick them up, It would be cheaper than a limo and maybe keep the car for a day or 2 and then drive them back. We just got back from St. Petes and it was not even a 2 hour drive, very easy to find and comming back on a Sunday there was no traffic....

I've got to agree with Mommic, if you're parents won't drive, the best bet is to rent a car drive over and pick them up and bring them back to Orlando.

A limo or shuttle service would probably be incredibly expensive since its around a 70 mile drive.

Will your parents have a car but would rather not drive? Do they drive at all? The best solution is for them to drive. If they're nervous about driving arrange to meet them at an easy place. DTD, WalMart even a Publix.

Alternately meet them in Clearwater for a day.

If money is now object you could get a towncar. Happy limo charges $320 R/T (plus fees and gratuity) for TPA to most Disney resorts. Going to Clearwater would further increase the cost. Look at it this way, towncar companies charge $40-$50 /hour. They're also going to charge you for the "dead time" for them to get back. They could go through the yellow pages and check local limo companies or also look at greyhound. Rental car is really the way to go.

Thanks for the info!

My parents are renting a car but are nervous about driving to Disney on their own... maybe I can convince them to drive if I get good directions for them?

It is quite a trip and some of the sections are difficult to navigate (IMHO).

MY BIL and SIL live in Clearwater proper - about 20 minutes closer to WDW than Clearwater Beach. It takes us 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours to get from Clearwater proper to WDW - we visit them everytime we go to the world and vise versa.

Its about 95 miles - so that would be a costly towncar. FWIW Clearwater Beach is AWESOME we love it. Perhaps a break from the parks would work - a nice change for you and a less stressful visit with your parents?

I say this because my mil/fil usually visit my bil sil while we are in FL so we make the trip to see them rather than having them drive to see us. DH dosen't mind the drive and my FIL does! That plus a beach visit with Nana and Papa is MUCH more fun that dragging Nana & Papa to WDW.

Either way have a great trip.
TJ

gw_lit said:
I've got to agree with Mommic, if you're parents won't drive, the best bet is to rent a car drive over and pick them up and bring them back to Orlando.

A limo or shuttle service would probably be incredibly expensive since its around a 70 mile drive.

Actually more - from Clearwater proper to WDW is 95 miles - from Clearwater Beach would add 10-20 miles :(

TJ

I can tell you from my trip last week, the original Hooters to OKW is 88 miles :teeth:

eta
DH and I both found a lot of the road signs confusing.

dcgrumpy said:
I can tell you from my trip last week, the original Hooters to OKW is 88 miles :teeth:

eta
DH and I both found a lot of the road signs confusing.

LOL - yep and to clearwater from "there" you have to go over one more vert long causeway, courtney cambell and then to clearwater beach about 10 miles, a bridge and a rotary!

TJ

I love Clearwater beach ... used to go there as a kid every year. But, the thing is mom and dad want to see the kids in Disney world!!! They want to experience the "magic" with them!

If anyone knows of bus services that I could call... let me know?

Thanks so much for the help!

You may want to check with mears and find out if they offer a shuttle from the Tampa Airport. I checked Greyhound and the bus doesn't stop at disney.
( You could call them and check)

Regarding getting lost. As long as they can get to I 4 they will be fine. Also I recommend them leaving early aftertoon or after 7pm to avoid traffic.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter