Shower/Tub Combos Need To Go

Do you prefer shower/tub combos or walk-in showers?

• Total voters
Like LilyWDW above, DW and I are also childless by choice. We took the tub out of our bathroom at home quite a while back in favour of a larger shower enclosure; DW has back problems and stepping over the rim of the tub in order to shower is awkward, and both of us are at the age where sitting in a tub means real difficulty in standing up again. Plus I simply prefer a shower anyway; a shower over the tub means limiting the width and I always end up with a clammy plastic shower curtain trying to wrap itself round me... <shudders>.

Give me a decent walk-in shower every time. That’s one reason we generally rent a villa - choose one with 2 bathrooms and invariably one bathroom will have a tub and the other a walk-in shower. We would stay onsite a lot more if it was possible when making the reservation to *absolutely guarantee* a walk-in shower in the bathroom.

And yes, I do understand the different needs for those travelling with children for whom a tub is a necessity. ‘The needs of the many‘ and all that stuff...

We have been regularly going to WDW since our 1st DD was 6 months old, and a tub was without a doubt a "must have", now we all like showers:)
This was our typical routine for bath time in the past. US: Okay it's time for your bath DD: noooooooooooo
US: It's time to get out and dry off DD: noooooooooooooo

If it is a space issue, I would not object to cutting down to one sink and putting in a shower instead. I understand that kids need a tub. At home, I only use a tub. Elsewhere, I only use a Shower. I guess they won't please everyone unless they include all options.

I do think there needs to be a mix... BUT I also don't think a blanket "kids need tubs" statement is true either. A lot of NYC apartments don't have tubs, so there are a lot of kids who have grown up getting clean in the shower.

I really think Disney should allocate a percentage of the rooms of each hotel to be walk-in showers and the rest shower/tub. They did it with the Copper Creek studios at the Wilderness Lodge. That way they can cover both bases.

If Disney got rid of the tubs, not only would it drive families with young children away from staying on site, but I think a lot of families might choose to rely on the pool as a way of getting their young children “clean.” :rotfl:

Last edited:
Shower/tubs were fine with me until the day we were placed in a handicap room. I fell in love with the shower stall and realized that as senior citizens, walking or stepping into a shower was much safer for us than stepping into a tub. I think tubs are great for families but shower stalls are more beneficial for seniors and folks with special needs. It would be nice to reserve a room at WDW with a shower stall instead of tub, but let's not give Disney any ideas for a new booking category!

We almost always shower with our (now) toddler - especially when traveling (baths take too long!). He's been showering with one of us since he was itty bitty.

I prefer a shower but understand some people prefer tubs for kids. But it's definitely not a must for ALL kids.

The big walk-ins are so much nicer!

Even though I can shower my toddler, baths are still preferred, we do book CCV rooms with tubs since it's an option there.

However, with as much as a lot of these rooms cost I would like to see (more) big bathrooms with both tubs and walk in showers.

I think more resorts should be like Copper Creek which has studios with bathtubs and some with walk-in showers. Poly studios have both.

I am an adult, but I prefer a bathub. We didn’t have a tub at YC on our last stay. The shower controls were not accessible unless you were standing in the shower. I hate getting drenched with cold water before I can get the shower adjusted in the correct direction and the water the proper temperature..

The shower controls were not accessible unless you were standing in the shower. I hate getting drenched with cold water before I can get the shower adjusted in the correct direction and the water the proper temperature..
My daughter is exactly the same! Whenever we end up in a shower only room, she makes me turn the water on for her. 🤣 She’s 9 so I do it. I don’t like turning on a cold shower either so I try to be ready to jump into the shower right when she‘s finished.

We stay at CR or the GF in studio rooms. OR at DVC at GF. We love the bathrooms. We do not use the tubs but there may be parents who need for bathing younger children. In all three venues mentioned we love the walkin showers.

I like both though to get clean I shower exclusively. I agree that walk in showers are "nicer" - I'm not fond of shower curtains touching me - but sometimes I want a relaxing bath at night before bed so I'm not sure I'd like them nixed altogether.

I like the shower/tub combo because it’s easier to shave my legs with one propped up on the side of the tub. With a shower-only situation (especially if there’s no seat or ledge of any kind), it takes a bit of maneuvering. I don’t need want that kind of workout first thing in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter