show me your firework photos from Disney

Yes, we really setup a tripod! Here's a great tip for that. Once you have it up. Never ever take your hand off of it! It will get kicked! I made that mistake once. Luckily caught the camera as it was falling.

WOW! That's scary! Good thing you were paying attention because that may be a sure fire way to ruin my vacation. I love my camera just as much as I love Disney!

I have finally ordered the remote cable, & 0.9 ND filter. Will be here in time to use for our local firework displays. I'm excited!

I have finally ordered the remote cable, & 0.9 ND filter. Will be here in time to use for our local firework displays. I'm excited!

I just ordered a 0.9 ND filter last night as well! I already had the remote, but have never used it and will need to practice. Just wondering what lens people think is best for fireworks. I have canon 18-55 kit lens, 28-135 IS, 70-300mm and I am renting the 24-105mm IS. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I really cannot believe I am saying this.

If your current camera is D80 and you are looking to upgrade, I would recommend the D7000 over the 300s or the D800. The D7000 images are rated as good as the D300s and it has video. The D800 is truly an amazing camera but I consider it a pro or pro-sumer camera. At 36mp it takes an amazing image but very very large. If your education or skill level is a D80 the D800 may be too much camera for you. At least a more than reasonable learning curve to take advantage of what the camera really offers.

I love to see people move up in equipment but want you to feel comfortable. If you have a strong photography background and the D80 is just the DSLR you use, then go for the D800. You will love it! I have just gotten its' big sister and love mine. I am considering selling two other cameras and getting the D800 as my second camera.

Sorry for the long delay! We actually purchased a D700 and are loving it. Well, dh is. He was a photo major at university and it's in his blood. The cameras are definitely his thing!

I love seeing all the shots of fireworks. Thank you Franklin for your special spots. This is our first trip and I've added your locations to my notes file. I hope they turn out!

7176185081_9ac4c0f444_b.jpg

7061133523_b8c629c149_b.jpg

6915056234_6087a683d1_b.jpg

I usually set up along Main Street on the sidewalk right in front of a lamp post. If they were to trip over my stuff they would have to go through the lamp post first. :rotfl:

Here's one from my trip in March. Wishes Finale
16mm f/11 10 Seconds ISO 100 and a Neutral Density 0.9 filter (3 stops)
DSC1845-L.jpg

Beautiful picture. How far back are you on Main St? Don't you have tons of people in front of your tripod/camera or are you up on something?

Beautiful picture. How far back are you on Main St? Don't you have tons of people in front of your tripod/camera or are you up on something?

This one is where Main Street meets the Hub. Right next to the last lamp post on Main Street as it goes into the Hub.

There were still a lot of people in front of the tripod. Mainly, it's a tall tripod. It goes up to 5' 7", then add the tripod head and camera body. Thats put the lens closer to 6' (1.8 meters). I'm also on the sidewalk, so that gets a couple more inches. You are also tilting the camera up, to get more sky. That eliminates the people immediately in front of the camera.

I usually set up along Main Street on the sidewalk right in front of a lamp post. If they were to trip over my stuff they would have to go through the lamp post first. :rotfl:

Here's one from my trip in March. Wishes Finale
16mm f/11 10 Seconds ISO 100 and a Neutral Density 0.9 filter (3 stops)
DSC1845-L.jpg

This picture is amazing!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter