Should Disney Take Halloween A Step Further For an Older Crowd?

I think they could pull it off. Make the kids time during the day with trick or treating and Halloween themed parades. At night switch to a more adult oriented party. Have the ghouls, ghosts and goblins come out. Have some scare but not to the level of HHN.
However that's not what they are talking about which is what other parks do to an extent (at least having activities during the day).

Disney does hard ticket events they wouldn't have free trick or treating during the day, free themed parades or anything like that. So the discussion person in the article was talking about was splitting up the time in the evening with earlier being kid friendly and later being more adult-like, which is just not really all that feasible.

Club Villain was so much fun. Wish they would bring that back.
It wasn't just for Halloween.
I think we went 3 times

BEST. EVENT. EVER. at Disney World.

It makes a difference when it's hosted by Disney Events, especially the food.
I completely agree! It was the best event I have ever attended in WDW by a mile! I also agree with the notion that Villains are very popular and maybe they could cash in on those characters and vibe a little more, but Club Villain was still a family-friendly event. I, personally, wouldn't want WDW to go as far as Uni does in terms of a fright factor.

I completely agree! It was the best event I have ever attended in WDW by a mile! I also agree with the notion that Villains are very popular and maybe they could cash in on those characters and vibe a little more, but Club Villain was still a family-friendly event. I, personally, wouldn't want WDW to go as far as Uni does in terms of a fright factor.
I might have missed it but I don't think the article or anyone is wanting Disney to replicate HHN. I think the thought process is a more Villain more mature event, maybe similar to Unleash the Villains and Club Villain.

Think ...

Haunted Mansion lighting and smoke amped and the characters inside coming to life and walking outside, not just in a parade.

No kiddie dance parties but a live band like Mad T that I posted above with more adult vibe.

No trick or treating or meets with Pooh or preschool fun.

Dragon rolling the route with it's hard rock music playing.

More mature character interactions like with Dr. Facilier, Ooogie etc.

Creepy music, creepy wandering characters, meet many of the villains from Unleashed (but organized).

Club Villain "was family friendly" but it was not designed for children. There wasn't even a child's price because this was designed for adults by Disney Events. Food was mostly adult, 2 open bars with very creative adult drinks, slightly risque dancers. The characters were face and VERY in character, very mature fun.

MNSSHP has lost it's appeal for many. There is a whole middle group of guests who have no interest in the child's party but no interest in the horror and gore of HHN. I think MK or DHS could pull off a good Villains party that adults would drop the money to attend. Disney be clear this is not Mickey's party, maybe no kid prices to discourage the single digit set.

Just based on videos I feel OBB in California just gives off a “more mature” vibe than MNSSHP though doesn’t tread on horror nights territory

Now HONG KONG has had some really creepy Halloween offerings that you can look up on YouTube

I might have missed it but I don't think the article or anyone is wanting Disney to replicate HHN. I think the thought process is a more Villain more mature event, maybe similar to Unleash the Villains and Club Villain.

Think ...

Haunted Mansion lighting and smoke amped and the characters inside coming to life and walking outside, not just in a parade.

No kiddie dance parties but a live band like Mad T that I posted above with more adult vibe.

No trick or treating or meets with Pooh or preschool fun.

Dragon rolling the route with it's hard rock music playing.

More mature character interactions like with Dr. Facilier, Ooogie etc.

Creepy music, creepy wandering characters, meet many of the villains from Unleashed (but organized).

Club Villain "was family friendly" but it was not designed for children. There wasn't even a child's price because this was designed for adults by Disney Events. Food was mostly adult, 2 open bars with very creative adult drinks, slightly risque dancers. The characters were face and VERY in character, very mature fun.

MNSSHP has lost it's appeal for many. There is a whole middle group of guests who have no interest in the child's party but no interest in the horror and gore of HHN. I think MK or DHS could pull off a good Villains party that adults would drop the money to attend. Disney be clear this is not Mickey's party, maybe no kid prices to discourage the single digit set.
The last paragraph…..I love celebrating Halloween but too many people and not enough checking of bands on wrists made for a horrible not in 2019. Cut to 2021 and we LOVED boo bash because it was considered after hours so they were more strict.

As I said above, even a hybrid like Sea World I can see happening down the road.

Just have some private adults-only parties at various locations outside of the parks.
I think one of the downfalls of Club Villain is that they hosted it in a venue in a park ... so a park ticket was required. I think had it moved to a resort event room, or Atlantic Dance Hall or had they built a flex venue at Disney Springs ... it would have been an ongoing success.

Disney Events put these together all the time at the hotels etc - expand their offering to the average guest events as well. That could be a huge hit with less commitment and not interfering with park hours.

No. Scary just doesn't really fit the Disney vibe. (That's why they had to get rid of the Alien encounter.)

If you want scary, hop over to Universal for HHN (or SeaWorld for their event). Keep Halloween what it is at Disney.
And personally I think they have enough geared toward the older audience. Most new rides that open aren’t for little kids. Soon it won’t be a place for kids if they keep up that pace.

No, I like that it's really not so scary, it's not so very scary...Boo to you - Boo! Boo!

Oh sorry, got a little carried away there. Adult Halloween is lame. Disney's got the perfect formula.

Last edited:
No, I like that it's really not so scary, it's not so very scary...Boo to you - Boo! Boo!

Oh sorry, got a little carried away there. Adult Halloween is awesome. Universals got the perfect formula.
FIFY. Their houses are the best.

We enjoyed the party one time even though we’re not huge Halloween fans. Love that it’s not so scary.

But, I think a different party could work IF it was at a different park. One challenge I see is that MNSSHP is extremely popular event and sells out often but, it already takes up 4 nights/week a good portion of Sep and Oct.

Guests not attending the parties then flock to MK the other evenings to see fireworks or visit the park.. Those nights can be unbearably busy as it is so losing even 1 night to another party would affect many non-MNSSHP guests.

FIFY. Their houses are the best.

Eh, I wasn't impressed. While the haunted theming is done well, the way they send you through the haunted houses in one long line so it ruins the jump scares. Also, I found that it had a strong party/drinking atmosphere, that I am not into. I remember it was my first vacation as an adult and my frined and I went to Disney and Universal. We had chosen Halloween Horror Nights and didn't really know much about Mickey's. As we were walking out of MK on the last day to head to Uni, people were coming in for MNSSHP. I remember saying to my friend, "This was probably cool." I was right!

Last edited:
I think, no, even Haunted Mansion was themed to be scary but not too scary for the masses by putting some humor in it and a catchy song. There's plenty out there for adults, Universal is handling it, as is everyone's local bar. I'm over here wanting more Eeyore with a clown nose.

Well, we still dream of the fifth gate as a Villains park, or at least a park with a Villains land (and maybe Wakanda). If that happens, they can have a true villainous Halloween there and keep MNSSHP at MK. The best of both worlds. Of course we'd have to do both, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter