Shopkick ideas and suggestions

Figured out you can scan the same TV for multiple scans at BB. It's so much easier and quicker to scan one TV numerous times than walking up and down the TV wall looking for the exact description!

I have been doing SK seriously since May 2018. In that time I’ve managed to get $425 in Disney GC for our 2020 trip. I snag my husband phone as much as I can for scans. Also look for the purchases for points as some are inexpensive but give high points. Ex: lightweight kitty litter is giving 350 points currently. I have 16 more months to SK. Free money in my book

So far I have made $225 in Gift Cards! I am getting better and better at it! I also go for the biggest bang for my buck items to buy. I always make sure we will use them too.

I am no longer getting any "videos" to watch for shopkicks. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Carrie

So far I have made $225 in Gift Cards! I am getting better and better at it! I also go for the biggest bang for my buck items to buy. I always make sure we will use them too.

I am no longer getting any "videos" to watch for shopkicks. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Carrie
I don't have the 3 1pt videos at the top but still get the 3 and 5 pt ads. It was mostly the same SK video when I watched so maybe they took it down until a new promo comes up?

Carrie
I don't have the daily ones right now on the top of the screen. I've already watched the ones that are mixed into the "lifestyle," "home" etc. sections.

Shopkickers! I just learned the greatest trick for scanning at Best Buy. As you may know, usually you have to scan the QR code on the shelf price tag at Best Buy. BUT, a kind Shopkick stranger taught me today - for TVs, find the UPC code on any box of the brand of TV that you are looking for. Scan the UPC code on the box, and it will work for every TV of that brand! So if you’ve got 10 different Samsung TVs to scan, find one Samsung TV box, and scan that one UPC code for all 10. The same goes for Sandisk memory cards. If you scan the UPC on the back of a Sandisk package, it will work for every type of Sandisk memory card you may need. I just scanned 60 items in less than 10 minutes using these tricks!

Shopkickers! I just learned the greatest trick for scanning at Best Buy. As you may know, usually you have to scan the QR code on the shelf price tag at Best Buy. BUT, a kind Shopkick stranger taught me today - for TVs, find the UPC code on any box of the brand of TV that you are looking for. Scan the UPC code on the box, and it will work for every TV of that brand! So if you’ve got 10 different Samsung TVs to scan, find one Samsung TV box, and scan that one UPC code for all 10. The same goes for Sandisk memory cards. If you scan the UPC on the back of a Sandisk package, it will work for every type of Sandisk memory card you may need. I just scanned 60 items in less than 10 minutes using these tricks!
Thankyou for that BB is the worst store i cant find anything the sales people staring at me walking up and down the isle.

Yesterday i saw the promo for order at walmart grocery get a bounus of 1000 kicks but i didnt get paid till today hopefully it comes back.

Thank you for this awesome tidbit! I tended to stay away from the TVs so I didn't have salespeople hounding me, but this makes it so much quicker and easier.

I have a question. It showed Walmart as having 1,000 scans today. So I went. In the deodorant dept, it showed a picture of men’s degree. But when I clicked on it, it never gave me the scan feature. It DID show the scan icon and said a number. It’s slso part of a bundle feature but I thought that was just if you bought all items in bundle. I’m confused.

Im at the 25.00 disney gift card.. trying to decide if i should hold off get the 50.
How long does it take most of you to get a card?

Im at the 25.00 disney gift card.. trying to decide if i should hold off get the 50.

I hold off just because it is more efficient to hold off for the $50.

I try to get a minimum of 1,000 points per week, just doing scans and walk-ins. One trip to Best Buy and usually one trip to Wal-Mart and I can do that fairly easily. If I buy anything or get an extra couple of stores in, I can easily add another 500-1,000 points.

I cash out at $25 for any of these earning programs that calculate their own value. Mostly because they could change the exchange rate at any time and decide you need more points/kicks for $25.

I've been using WalMart Grocery Pickup nearly every week for 450 kicks with the occasional 1000 kicks reward. The only downside is they pend for 90 days, but otherwise a pretty easy way to make some quick kicks.
Wait... what?!? How did I miss this? Where did you find this offer? Sounds like I’ve been missin out on a lot of easy kicks. 😕

Wait... what?!? How did I miss this? Where did you find this offer? Sounds like I’ve been missin out on a lot of easy kicks. 😕

Go to "KICKS ONLINE" in the Shopkick app and you should see one for WalMart 3/$1 (DO NOT USE THIS ONE) and then another for WalMart Grocery. You have to use the one for WalMart Grocery app (as well as having that app on your phone) and NOT the regular WalMart app.

I do all of my shopping online on my personal computer, then once everything is in my cart, I click through Shopkick, then go to my "KICKS ONLINE", then click on the the one for WalMart Grocery and just finish checking out. Too easy! You could definitely do all of your shopping through the app as well.

First time I got 1000 kicks, but every week since then I get 450. I think 1000 may pop up every so often, but I'm pretty okay with 450 a go. HTH!

Go to "KICKS ONLINE" in the Shopkick app and you should see one for WalMart 3/$1 (DO NOT USE THIS ONE) and then another for WalMart Grocery. You have to use the one for WalMart Grocery app (as well as having that app on your phone) and NOT the regular WalMart app.

I do all of my shopping online on my personal computer, then once everything is in my cart, I click through Shopkick, then go to my "KICKS ONLINE", then click on the the one for WalMart Grocery and just finish checking out. Too easy! You could definitely do all of your shopping through the app as well.

First time I got 1000 kicks, but every week since then I get 450. I think 1000 may pop up every so often, but I'm pretty okay with 450 a go. HTH!
Thank you so very much! I never think to look at the online section because I can do better using the cashback sites - and honestly kinda forgot it’s even there. That is awesome though because the one downside to Walmart pickup is you don’t have a receipt to scan for any cashback. I am really glad to hear it works to first shop outside of Shopkicks and just need to finish the order through their link.

Thanks for sharing this super helpful tip!!

Thanks again- I got my first notice of pending kicks! I use the app and it worked :)

I think I’m going to hold out for a big one. 3 weeks until my birthday and I need 10,000 kicks for a big one. Going to definitely try to get there or close. Especially since they now have products I buy for extra kicks. Wish me luck! Will try to hit up Walmart and Best Buy twice a week each.

My success story:

I just got back from my Princess Race Weekend trip and really enjoyed the "free" money that I earned on Shopkicks. In less than one year, I earned over $350 in Disney gift cards. It payed for a small part of my race registrations, 2 Disney After Hours (Magic Kingdom) tickets, and the vast majority of my race merchandise purchases. And most of that was from walk-ins and scans so it didn't cost me much except for my time and a little bit of gas money.

I got home on Tuesday night and was out kicking again last night at Best Buy and Wal-mart. I don't have another trip planned yet (thinking maybe Disneyland, maybe in the fall?), but I'm going to continue banking as many gift cards as I can in the meantime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter