Shooting Range Birthday Party?

I've never been asked if I had guns by any insurance agent.

The same for us. We were asked if we had a trampoline though!
Our Florida home has a pool, no increased insurance for that although, to comply with Florida regulations, we do have a pool fence that is only set up for when renters arrive. If they choose to take it down then that is their business.

ford family

And how is that???

I think it comes down to the attitude of what is worse for younger children: violence or sex.

Some people (myself included) get more concerned about the sexual content of a PG-13 movie versus the violent content. Iron Man can blow up dozens of people, but if he rolls around in bed with a reporter, that is a problem.

And I realize these parties are about having fun and gun safety, but one of the things I have always been taught is "don't point a gun at something you aren't intending to destroy." :confused3

It's not rhetoric, it's fact. There's a reason your insurance company requires a hefty premium for owning a pool, but not for owning a gun.

I would assume that has to do with the fact that the pool is PART of the property and the gun isn't. We are talking about house insurance, right? Your home insurance isn't liable if someone is shot inside your home.

I pay extra to have a rider to cover additional personal property value of the guns.

My policy has a limit on the # & value of guns it will cover, so if I wanted more coverage it would cost more (you can also get a supplemental policy through the NRA probably cheaper). That said, that's not related to liability, but property loss.

On a side note: we have friends in Bastrop, TX where the fires raged last Summer. Even the very best "fireproof" gun safes melted down to little puddles of metal in most cases. The safes are really only good for fires that get put out, not ones that rage on for days or weeks at a time.

I would assume that has to do with the fact that the pool is PART of the property and the gun isn't. We are talking about house insurance, right? Your home insurance isn't liable if someone is shot inside your home.

Correct, talking about the liability portion. It's been many years & maybe I misunderstood. The agent made a big deal about having a fence, so it could be the penalty is only if you have an UNFENCED pool, but I do know it was pool related.

My life insurance is an even bigger headache since I compete in & promote motorsports :rotfl:

My DD would love to have/go to that party. She's 9 and can't wait till this weekend when we're going to the range to shoot my new assault rifle. Pigeon can come if he/she wants, oppps I forgot I'm not one they would associate with! :lmao:

FlightlessDuck said:
I think it comes down to the attitude of what is worse for younger children: violence or sex.

Some people (myself included) get more concerned about the sexual content of a PG-13 movie versus the violent content. Iron Man can blow up dozens of people, but if he rolls around in bed with a reporter, that is a problem.

And I realize these parties are about having fun and gun safety, but one of the things I have always been taught is "don't point a gun at something you aren't intending to destroy." :confused3

I'm confused. They are taught that-that's actually one if the four rules they are required to know to participate.

I don't care for violence. But guns do not equal violence. It's the use and intent that do. I only ever shot targets and clay pigeons. I've never killed anything but I have been shooting since I was 6. I am not in the least bit a violent person. And I wasn't allowed to watch violent movies or those with sex until I was well in high school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter