Shipping your clothes to and from using UPS

tinksgilrs251520

I want to be at WDW
My husband and I were wondering if anybody has used UPS to ship there clothes and things to and from your resort at Disney World? Interesting question just wondering if anybody has done this and how it worked out for you.

It would be a hefty price.

Actually, when DH forgot to grab my suitcase from the hotel bedroom, Disney had to ship it to us. It only cost me $20!!!!!!!!!! Probably because Dis has a corporate discount but it's $25 one way for USair bag fees so just shipping clothes might be less than that. I just shipped a 20lb box via UPS to BWV and it was $18.33. It had diapers, wipes, shoes and food.

I understand your thought - save $ on baggage fee but how do you plan on shipping it back home. Are you going to have a car to take it to the UPS store.

It seems like a huge pain to save a few bucks and I am not convinced you will save $.

Also when you have a package shipped to your resort (we did it with water and diapers and such) they hold it at the front desk for you. You have to carry it back to your room. You can have bell service deliver it but a tip is involved (more $) and they are not always available (late night check ins).

Seems like a better answer is to pack light - do a load of wash and only check a limited amount of bags.

We did this a couple of times. Mostly because our luggage tends to get lost - it goes to Europe or Asia and we are in Florida or Texas.

So we packed up a box and shipped it UPS. Inside the box I put a label with my return address on it, a black magic marker in a ziplock bag and the rest of the roll of packing tape - so that I could pack up the box to ship everything home.

I shipped it about 8-10 days ahead of time so I could ship it the cheapest way possible and it was only around 18.00.

When it came time to ship it home. I packed everything up the night before (kept the few things we needed in a carryon bag) and took it down to the concierge desk. They weighed it, asked how I wanted to ship it home (I picked UPS) and how I wanted to pay for it. Very Easy!!!

Now my clothes are where they are supposed to be when I arrive and not sitting in Thailand or Germany where I have never been. :lmao:

I don't mind having to pick up the box at the front desk and take it to the room - I would have to take the suitcase to my room if I would have dragged that from the airport.

Just make sure to put "hold for guest" and your name and then your arrival date on it.

I am with the person who posted this . We also plan on UPS our luggage actually we condensed our clothing into a large duffel bag and boxed it and we are shipping it down, its not as exspensive as you might think , we are flying delta and they charge 25.00 a suitcase for two of us 50.00,,,down and 50.00 back thats 100.00 no thanks!... My daughter actually did the college progam in Disney and just got home,, we shipped (UPS) all of her stuff down ,,,it was three large boxes ranging from 13lbs 22lbs and 16lbs and it was a grand total of 65.00 I got a tracking number and could watch where it was at all times,,, I had it delivered to POFQ because thats where I stayed when I took her down. The pkgs were there in 4 days and the front desk was more than happy to assist me with them. We will be doing this for our upcomming trip in Sept,,,not sure which resort your staying at but most do not charge a holding fee but I heard a couple do so call and check on that. We will pay for the baggage to be checked on the way home but that will only be a 25.00 charge once from the airlines and most likely a 30.00 ups charge I will be saving in the long run:thumbsup2

B]I am with the person who posted this . We also plan on UPS our luggage actually we condensed our clothing into a large duffel bag and boxed it and we are shipping it down, its not as exspensive as you might think , we are flying delta and they charge 25.00 a suitcase for two of us 50.00,,,down and 50.00 back thats 100.00 no thanks!... My daughter actually did the college progam in Disney and just got home,, we shipped (UPS) all of her stuff down ,,,it was three large boxes ranging from 13lbs 22lbs and 16lbs and it was a grand total of 65.00 I got a tracking number and could watch where it was at all times,,, I had it delivered to POFQ because thats where I stayed when I took her down. The pkgs were there in 4 days and the front desk was more than happy to assist me with them. We will be doing this for our upcomming trip in Sept,,,not sure which resort your staying at but most do not charge a holding fee but I heard a couple do so call and check on that. We will pay for the baggage to be checked on the way home but that will only be a 25.00 charge once from the airlines and most likely a 30.00 ups charge I will be saving in the long run:thumbsup2[/B]

We did this a couple of times. Mostly because our luggage tends to get lost - it goes to Europe or Asia and we are in Florida or Texas.

So we packed up a box and shipped it UPS. Inside the box I put a label with my return address on it, a black magic marker in a ziplock bag and the rest of the roll of packing tape - so that I could pack up the box to ship everything home.

I shipped it about 8-10 days ahead of time so I could ship it the cheapest way possible and it was only around 18.00.

When it came time to ship it home. I packed everything up the night before (kept the few things we needed in a carryon bag) and took it down to the concierge desk. They weighed it, asked how I wanted to ship it home (I picked UPS) and how I wanted to pay for it. Very Easy!!!

Now my clothes are where they are supposed to be when I arrive and not sitting in Thailand or Germany where I have never been. :lmao:

I don't mind having to pick up the box at the front desk and take it to the room - I would have to take the suitcase to my room if I would have dragged that from the airport.

Just make sure to put "hold for guest" and your name and then your arrival date on it.

We have done this too!!! Much easier than hauling luggage through an air[port. (now we drive!)

We have a UPS account so, like the above poster, put in a label and TAPE. You might even want to get a new box in Orlando since ours was pretty beat up, but we taped it up and shipped it back. Disney was great about it...came to our room, got the box. EASY EASY EASY and it allowed us to have a much easier time with the kids on a plane. We did make sure everyone had a change of clothes in carry-on just in case though.

I shipped boxes to Caribbean Beach, they had some of our wedding stuff in them but principle is the same.

I think that the size of the box may also be a factor but it was not on my receipts, sorry.

1. FedEx Ground 2 Day Shipping to resort - 24.20 lbs = $17.63 (no insurance)
2. FedEx Ground 2 Day Shipping to resort - 33.70 lbs = $22.75 (no insurance)
3. FedEx Ground 2 Day Shipping 22.40 lbs + $2000 insurance = $41.20

We purchased the boxes beforehand from FedEx.

I shipped them on Tuesday for our Saturday arrival. They arrived before we did and then I called the front desk after we got in our room and bell services delivered them to the room while we were out.

I put a label on each box with the name on our reservation, the reservation number and arrival date. This was in addition to the FedEx label.

When leaving we took boxes to the main conceirge desk. They had a scale, printed the FedEx label and kept the box for pick up. They seemed like they did this a lot. We also picked up an extra box at the store at the resort that they happened to have after stocking the shelves, we just asked at the register and they found it for us.

Call your resort and ask.

Never shipped my clothes, but I do know someone who travels to WDW a few times a year who has a "WDW Wardrobe" Clothes that actually stay in Orlando. She has a few outfits that she has brought just for park touring and a few nice "evening out" outfits and 2 pairs of shoes. She has rented a box from "Owner's Locker". (The Purple Van) In it she keeps her Disney Clothes, toiletries, and some laundry supplies. Before she leaves Orlando, she does a load of laundry and packs up her box.

hmmm, this is sounding like it might not be such a bad idea! We are going Jan 2, my DD20 and I. I've suggested to her that we try to just bring one checked bag and our carry-ons. she's not sure about that, thinks I'm crazy! Well, maybe I am but that's besides the point! :rotfl: But, this shipping doesn't sound too bad. I was wondering does anyone know which is generally less expensive or the better company to do this with, ups or fedex? Thanks for info! :)

One of our suitcases developed a big hole on our last Disney trip. It was definitely cheaper to send one suitcase worth of stuff home by UPS than to buy a new suitcase!

We packaged up all of our summer clothes (don't need swimsuits in New Jersey in February!) as well as some souvenirs. We shipped them on a Friday and they were at my house on the following Wednesday, in much better condition than the luggage we had checked on the plane!

Beth

We're considering doing this for our June trip, mainly because we have connecting flights both ways, with only 45 minutes between flights. Even domestic - that's going to be stressful. It would be so much easier to not have to worry about luggage.

Plus, it's June - we can get our clothes in a reasonably-sized box. And if I luck out, it'll get lost on its way back home, and I can get new clothes.:rolleyes1

We have done it for the last 4 Disney trips (we have shipped to Caribbean Island too). We ususally ship 2 boxes b/c it come less expensive than one big box. We ship it to our resort 4 days before arrival day and when we always check in the CM said we have a package for you and we will send it to your room (we always get to our room and within 10 mins our boxes are there). We did not do it for less expenses...we first started traveling when my son was a toddler and with all his stuff it was so much easier than bringing so many luggages. Then the night before we leave we send it to the front desk to ship it back home (a bell person helps us bring it down). Shippping home seems less expensive (GF shipped it to us for free and AKL gave us a discount b/c it was half the price when it was shipped home).
We sometimes put a box within a box b/c when we shipped to Aruba the box was damage so we were lucky we had another box to ship my son stuff home.
I leave room for all the stuff my son buys too.

If you have a UPS Store near you, they now have a luggage ship program with special boxes. Not sure how much it costs since we don't have one in my area, but I have heard it is cost effective over paying airline fees or using a luggage service.

I have always shipped a box to my resort because on my first trip, our luggage was lost and now I will always have some necessities waiting for me at my resort. I heard from someone that the resorts are charging to accept packages. Has anyone else heard that?

I have always shipped a box to my resort because on my first trip, our luggage was lost and now I will always have some necessities waiting for me at my resort. I heard from someone that the resorts are charging to accept packages. Has anyone else heard that?

I just read this in a trip report, but the poster mentioned that they're charging at convention resorts.

ETA: I think it was a $10 fee.

Just an fyi. I shipped lots of stuff for work with UPS. I can't tell you the number of times my packages were sent to the wrong city or delayed. So allow extra time if you are going to ship to your resort.

I have also had some disappear with UPS. They said the tracking number tracks the truck not your item.

So just be careful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!