"Sharing" the Dining Plan

NiftyJ88

Mouseketeer
My parents and my family are considering DDP for our next trip. If we happen sit down for dinner together at a restaurant, can we share a few dinners if we are on the plan and they are not? It may be a stupid question, but we've never done DDP before. Thanks!

By the terms of the plan, no. You cannot use the plan to purchase food for people not on the plan.

If everyone is getting their own meals, I doubt there will be problems with sampling off each others' plates, as long as its not a blatant attempt to get the other folks benefits of the DP without paying for it.

The above is as good an answer as I have ever seen to that question.

Can a family (with everyone being on the DDP) share TS meals in order to save credits for a signature meal. TIA for the info!

If you're all on the DDP, yes. Unless it's a buffet or family style meal.

Right or wrong-all the restaurants we went to put the most expensive meals for the entire group on the DDP and had us pay OOP for the cheapest. Example- we had 7 guests for dinner. 3 on DDP, 4 not- the 3 most expensive meals were DDPd regardless of who ordered them. This was done without us saying a thing. Yes, I know this is not 'right' but we never corrected them and just figured we'd accept their 'generosity'. We also presumed they did it to get an even larger tip (this was in 2007 when tips were included).

As for buying them meals- like 3 on DDP, 4 not and ordering 4 dinners on the DDP? They won't allow that. Sharing appetizers (if you are on deluxe) is of course allowed. We ordered 3 appys and shared. Same goes for desserts. Sharing is 100% ok. Ordering and using more credits than alloted- won't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter