Sharing Meals with child on DDP?

Maisey13

Mouseketeer
Our little girl eats like a mouse and in the "real world" I always share my entree with her because she doesn't like the foods typical on a kids menu and after a few bites she is full. We have a DDP (1TS, 1CS, 1Snack per day) for our upcoming trip. So, if we have 15 TS for the trip can I just continue to share my meals with her so that my husband and I are actually using her TS credits for our orders? Or does each person have to use a TS each day? Does it matter if I am ordering of the menu or at a buffet? Thanks for any help clarifying the details of the DDP.

Our little girl eats like a mouse and in the "real world" I always share my entree with her because she doesn't like the foods typical on a kids menu and after a few bites she is full. We have a DDP (1TS, 1CS, 1Snack per day) for our upcoming trip. So, if we have 15 TS for the trip can I just continue to share my meals with her so that my husband and I are actually using her TS credits for our orders? Or does each person have to use a TS each day? Does it matter if I am ordering of the menu or at a buffet? Thanks for any help clarifying the details of the DDP.

Your DD will have the child's DDP, and her meals must be ordered from the childs' menu where they have one. ALL TS places have kids' meals, so you can't use her credits to order an adult meal.

At buffets, everyone is charged no matter how much they eat. They will charge you for two adults, one child.

You can share your meals with her, but then you will have child's credits left over that can only be used for kid's meals.

Your room key will have 2A 1C DDP printed on it (close to the bottom). The waiters will know that you are on the DDP and have two adults and one child in that room. You don't have to use the child's credits if you don't want to, but you will not be allowed to use them for adult meals. A child's DDP costs alot less than an adults. When the DDP first came out, alot of people either made up fake kids in order to get more credits or paid for their kids meals OOP so they could use those cheaper kids credits on adult meals. It became a popular topic here on the DIS on how to get the most out of the DDP. After the first year of free dining, Disney caught onto this and closed that loophole. Now kids credits can only be used to order kids meals and you will not be allowed to order more than what is shown on your KTTW card, which would be 2 adult meals and 1 kid meal. If you choose to feed your child off your plate and not use her credits that is fine (except at all you can eat meals, where she would be charged a credit whether she ate or not). But those kids meals show up in your account as kids meals and can not be used for adult meals. For example, no way would Tony's (or any other restaurant) let you substitute an $8.59 kids meal for a NY strip steak ($29.99) and Tiramisu ($6.49). It just wouldn't be a viable option if Disney wants to continue to make money with the DDP.

The only exception to this is that a few CS restaurants may not have a kids menu. If they don't, then you can order anything on that menu with a kid's credit. Those CS restaurants are few and far between though. All TS restaurants have a kids menu though and kids DDP credits must be used for those items.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense now! Maybe DDP is not our best option given our daughter's eating preferences and habits. This board is so helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter