• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Share your holiday shopping bargains

I found these adorable 20 oz stainless steel Tervis tumblers that say Bah Humbug on them for $10 each at my local Burlington store today. I grabbed one for each kid’s classroom teacher, for the specials teachers, for the bus driver, etc.

This is just a stock photo.

Wanted to share that I found at Big Lots in their Fall Holiday decor section a leaf wreath for $4.50. I also found a Sour Patch kids chocolate cookie house kit for $1.09. They have 3 of these houses left at the Cherry Hill, NJ store if your near there. I don’t like Sour Patch kids but the chocolate house will be great for our “Gingerbread“ house decorating this year.

Last edited:

Vacation weekend...

Busch Gardens 1 day ticket + unlimited dining/drinks + Unlimited Quick Queue (for select rides) for $99/person usable any day in spring/summer. So, the kids have their under-the-tree amusement park outing for next summer (yeah, I had to get a hotel room, but I was looking for a very cheap get away, so we'll do 1 day of parks and 1 day of enjoying Williamsburg - not sure how, b/c we do different things every time we go every few years)...

Duluth Trading has 25% off plus free shipping, so I ordered DH two pairs of boxers. He’s always wanted to try them, so this seemed like the perfect time.

I didn't find any great Black Friday deals this year, partly because I don't really need anything, partly because the sales just weren't very exciting. All I bought was some socks at Kohl's for DD21's stocking, and a remote control outlet set at Home Depot - that wasn't a great deal or anything, I just needed it and at least it was on sale for an ok price.

I also spent way too much on an impulse purchase of a Krinner Christmas tree stand, but I think it was the best purchase of this Christmas season by far - it's amazing!! I'm too old to be fiddling with traditional Christmas tree stands - this one is drop it in, get it straight-ish (I had DDs boyfriend hold it while I tweaked it's placement and approved), and then a couple of pumps on the foot peddle and BOOM! It's up!

This weekend was all about decorating and gift wrapping. The decorating is mostly done as of this evening, and all gifts are wrapped although they still need bows. That is one deal I got - I had several really big items to wrap - an ironing board, a large tool box, a bed frame (still in box) and a headboard (also stil in box). I like foil wrapping paper, and was struggling to find a way to wrap those larger items in a way that "fit" with all of the other packages (I like my packages to also have a cohesive look) but wouldn't cost me a fortune in gift wrap. Luckily I stumbled upon some foil-ish Christmas tablecloths at DollarTree that worked perfectly, Total costs to wrap all of those items was just $5 - if I had purchased wrapping paper someplace like Target, it would have cost me at least $20 to cover all those items and frankly wouldn't have looked as nice because I would have had to have visible seams.

Last edited:
I picked up a Tile Mate (2022 version) for DD today. It's on sale at Amazon for $19 and I had a 40% off up to $10 from a Citibank promotion, so all in all it cost $11.40. It's a running joke in the house how often DD loses her phone and keys.

There are also current coupons for $10 off $40 and a free gift. We just went by tonight and bought 4 candles.

I also made out well today. I had a 20% off coupon bringing the candle price down to $8.20 each. I got 6 candles. I also had the free item coupon, so got a body wash with that. And, I had two rewards from their points program ,so I picked up two pretty wallflower light-up plugs for my girls. Walked out with all of that for $52 & change.

If anyone has a Turn 7 store near them check them out, we just had one open up near us and their great. Basically Amazon returns and Target clearance items. Overstocks, electronics, furniture too. Just bins of stuff to dig through. They sorted by price and sometimes department. Have to open boxes sometimes to know what’s inside.

I found these adorable 20 oz stainless steel Tervis tumblers that say Bah Humbug on them for $10 each at my local Burlington store today. I grabbed one for each kid’s classroom teacher, for the specials teachers, for the bus driver, etc.

This is just a stock photo.

View attachment 624542

To go with them, I ordered some clear plastic ornaments from Amazon; they were $9.99 for 20. I set up my Cameo 3 and made these little ornaments to go on the teachers’ gift bags. The other side has the teacher’s name and 2021 in the same color vinyl. Not really sure if it’s a “bargain” but it’s cute. I’m going to tie them to the bags so my kids know which one goes to which teacher.

DD 23 is wanting some type of stick vacuum for her apartment. She has mostly hardwood floors, but also has rugs. Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for a good one. Probably looking to spend between $100-$150 for something decent.

Thanks for any advice / opinions!

DD 23 is wanting some type of stick vacuum for her apartment. She has mostly hardwood floors, but also has rugs. Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for a good one. Probably looking to spend between $100-$150 for something decent.

Thanks for any advice / opinions!
The Shark corded one works well. That’s what we use in our basement, which is the domain of the kids since it was finished. I think it runs about $100-$150 usually.

If anyone shops at Ulta Beauty, the flyer they sent out this week has a 20% off coupon which includes prestige brands of cosmetics, skincare & bath, some prestige brands of haircare & nail. Normally these are always excluded from their coupons.
I use Deva hair products for curly hair. I was able to use it and get a free diva towel that normally sells for $20. as a gift.

If anyone shops at Ulta Beauty, the flyer they sent out this week has a 20% off coupon which includes prestige brands of cosmetics, skincare & bath, some prestige brands of haircare & nail. Normally these are always excluded from their coupons.
I use Deva hair products for curly hair. I was able to use it and get a free diva towel that normally sells for $20. as a gift.

I got this mailer also. I need to figure out what to get. So many things I want, but not a lot of room in the budget for extra splurges at this time of year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter