Share your holiday shopping bargains

I posted this in another thread, but since this is the general "deal" thread, I'll repeat it here too...

Slickdeals is reporting the following for the Kohl's Veteran's day sale - I have no clue if this is accurate or not:

Nov 11-12: $10 off $25 Code=TAKE10 w/any payment type
Nov 11-20: 30% Off Code=TBA30 w/Kohl's Charge or 15% Off Code=TBA15 w/any payment type
Nov 11-20: Free Shipping for MVC Code=NOVMVCFREE w/Kohl's Charge

Nov 20 it is also anticipated that there will be another mystery coupon

ETA: Just realized the "TBA" in the 30%/15% off codes could stand for "To Be Announced". These feel odd...

Last edited:
Not Christmas but for November Veterans Day, 11% off on Nov 11 for groceries with eligible ID and coupon at the Giant, and 10% off coupon through 11/13 at Target.

Kohl's Black Friday prices (supposedly) are available this weekend. There is code for 15% off using any payment type, and for today only there is $15 KC on a $50 purchase. The $5 coupon for store pickup of $25 order is also still active if you got it and haven't used it 2 times yet.

Amazingly, I only made one purchase for only $35 once I stacked everything, and can't think of anything else I need to buy. But really good deals.

Last year, if I remember right (and there's a good chance I'm not), I skipped over this sale thinking Veteran's Day would be better (historically it had been). But then they hiked prices up for Veteran's Day to where it was a wash, or worse. Not sure what this year holds.

Last edited:
I was out Christmas shopping yesterday..

Target - had Lego's on sale... I got 2 sets of Mine craft and 2 sets of Star Wars - so total 4 sets for just under 100.00 dollars... I was surprised that I was able to find the ones I wanted...

I hit the dollar tree for stuff for my grandson 1st grade holiday party, 20 coloring books, pencils, erasers, several pads of Christmas stickers. As well I picked up my holiday gift bag for my family... and bunch of those kinda wooden cut outs, for my Grandson to work on when he is with me during school breaks...

Hobby Lobby,- the had 40% off kids crafts... so I picked a wooden rocket kit, and all the Christmas crafts were on sale for 50% off... I also picked up some of those packaged kinda wooden ornaments for my Grandson class for the small craft for them to do at the party... I walked out of there with 3 bags all under 30.00 bucks...

I had to come back and add on a couple more items...

I got my bath and body coupons, so I this will take a bit of planning and a list... So with my coupons I get - 1 free full size item, and 20 % off the total order... I am leaning towards, wall flowers, candles, hand sanitizer's, and the aromatherapy line... I have my DH's 2 admin's, my mom and DD, and couple of friends that we give each other something small, plus I think I will make some small baskets for Greedy Santa and/or Hostess gifts for some Christmas parties that we are invited to next month.

I am looking for a small simple desk for my Grandson he will be 7 in January... suggestions... I think I am going to look at Ikea...

I am going to go through what I have today... and re-do my list, so I can start fresh next week...

Last edited:

My ds needed a new winter coat so he picked out a $300 Northface that I told him I'd get him for Christmas. It's a new style/color so I didn't think I'd be getting any good deals except for cashback on ebates.
Went to order directly from TNF and joined their rewards club for 10% off first order, plus got $20 in rewards. He needs it now so even if there is a better deal before Christmas I am happy with what I got today.

Sam's club had a giant dollhouse for $99 ($40 off), so I got that today. We had been debating between the Barbie one and another, but this was larger, made of wood, and includes a bunch of furniture. And less than the Barbie house was!
I also picked up a few books and a Lego set for $23 from there.20211106_095520.jpg

I am looking for a small simple desk for my Grandson he will be 7 in January... suggestions... I think I am going to look at Ikea...

not sure how much you want to spend but you might consider one of those manual height adjustable desks. that way as he gets taller you can adjust the height height up but for now it can be a bit shorter (this way it won't feel like a 'baby desk' as he ages up).

Kohl's Veterans Day Sale Update: I got the mailer for the sale this year.

$10 off $25 is happening but I got an individual code for the % off (and of course it's only for 15% off). I don't think that bodes well for a general 30% off code after all. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Kohl's Veterans Day Sale Update: I got the mailer for the sale this year.

$10 off $25 is happening but I got an individual code for the % off (and of course it's only for 15% off). I don't think that bodes well for a general 30% off code after all. Hopefully I'm wrong...
I got 30% off but I am not sure I need anything.

Does anyone know which shops on property, if any, carries this Mickey and Minnie holiday loungefly backpack? Shop Disney won't allow a coupon code discount, but do APs get 20% off at the parks on loungefly backpacks? My niece has asked for that one.

6205592014105713510.jpeg

I got the BBW Wallflower deal this weekend for $2.95. Purchased 10 of them. I was not able to stack the 20% off coupon, but I did get a free full size body wash. I also now have 2 full size reward items that I’ll pick up next trip. Both daughters expect body wash each year as a gift from my freebies.

I also picked up a couple pairs of the $9 pajama pants at Old Navy. I let DD have those now though, as she had no warmer pajama pants for college, and it’s starting to get cold at night now.

That's a great code... if you could stack it with Kolhs cash or another dollar off coupon.. then you could pick up some extras items for stockings, or co-workers..

I have used my in-store coupons when I really did not need "gift items" for the extras, and even treated myself. Things like wrapping paper, or gift bags, one year I used my kohls cash, and 20 percent off for Christmas ornaments. I got last Initials letters ornaments, and used some nice ribbon to hang them around a bottle of wine, or a candle, hang on a basket, gift bag or stocking... I used them for stocking up on dress socks for DH... Lots of stuff you can do with kolhs cash and coupons...

I got the BBW Wallflower deal this weekend for $2.95. Purchased 10 of them. I was not able to stack the 20% off coupon, but I did get a free full size body wash. I also now have 2 full size reward items that I’ll pick up next trip. Both daughters expect body wash each year as a gift from my freebies.

I also picked up a couple pairs of the $9 pajama pants at Old Navy. I let DD have those now though, as she had no warmer pajama pants for college, and it’s starting to get cold at night now.

On the old navy sleep pants do they hold up more than one year? I bought my son in law some last year at Belks, and they did not hold up even for light weather that we have here in Florida for a what is our winter...

On the old navy sleep pants do they hold up more than one year? I bought my son in law some last year at Belks, and they did not hold up even for light weather that we have here in Florida for a what is our winter...

My girls get a pair each year & love them. They’re flannel. I can‘t swear they’re the best quality in the world, but we haven’t had issues with them falling apart. I prefer a lighter knit material myself, because I like some stretchiness when I’m lounging around. :confused3

It seems like I say this every year, but consider buying something that a charity could use. Every year on Black Friday, I buy $100 worth of blankets for an animal shelter. This year, after some free gift cards that I got redeeming points and after the $30 in Kohl's cash that I got, they cost me $6. Kohl's also has great deals on towels, kid's pajamas, toys, and a lot of other things that could be put to good use to help someone else out.

Think about sending some good will out into the world!

I got a pair last year and just pulled them back out for this winter. To me they still feel as good as they did last year. They don't compare to my Soma pj's, BUT neither does the price :)

I'm hoping to see some deals starting on Thursday.

sandam1, that's a really nice thing you do for the animals! I agree about sending some gill will out into the world.

It seems like I say this every year, but consider buying something that a charity could use. Every year on Black Friday, I buy $100 worth of blankets for an animal shelter. This year, after some free gift cards that I got redeeming points and after the $30 in Kohl's cash that I got, they cost me $6. Kohl's also has great deals on towels, kid's pajamas, toys, and a lot of other things that could be put to good use to help someone else out.

Think about sending some good will out into the world!

I think that a wonderful idea... helping our furry friends that haven't found their forever home yet...

I belong to a ladies group, and this year the request for help are double or triple what they normally are...

So if its okay to make some suggestions where anyone who wants to can help or donate in their communities...

Homeless shelters - blankets, socks 1 package of like 6 pairs can be divided up and 3 people get some socks, Jackets, undershirts... Shoes are another thing, that don't have to be new or anything, just in really great condition, Things like sleeping bags, and backpack, water bottles are always in need...

Woman and Children shelter - Domestic Violence shelters - The need here is great.... clothing all styles and sizes are needed... Things like towels, basic bath products, bath products for kids, shampoo, conditioner, bath wash or bars of soap....Personal care items... So many of these woman leave with nothing. Package new underwear and bras are always welcomed... You will have to meet them somewhere for the donation, as the domestic violence shelters locations must be protected... Local churches, or the homeless shelter can lead you in the right direction.

Local food pantries - just call and ask - they will tell you what they need, a case's of can good, soup, tuna or chicken in cans, Vienna sausage. boxed goods like mac and cheese, stove top, cups of soups, ramen, cereal...

Meals on wheels - We have donated things like a case of tomato soup or chicken noodle soup, Canned pasta, tuna fish can or pouches, treats like little Debbie's, a box of 12 little Debbie's, or a flat of danishes. Meals on wheels on runs Monday thru Friday, item like this can stretch through the weekend...

Nursing homes - call the Activity Director and ask what they need -
simple stuff like note pads, pencils, pens, boxes of card for all occasion, books and magazines.
Clothing - basic's PJ's, robes, under shirts, boxer's, underwear, bra's...
decks of cards, or those word find books, puzzles
Travel size anything, shower caps,
Extra long phone cords
Reading Glasses, , or those lanyard for eyeglasses, or glass case's -
Bingo Prizes - candy and or sugar free candy..small prizes...

Christmas Angels, Toys for Tots, and the list goes on and on...

Not holiday shopping related, but I got a seasonal job and needed some more dress pants. Kohls has some great half off sales going right now. What should’ve cost $120 was $60 before tax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter