Share your holiday shopping bargains

Immadismom

DIS Veteran
Normally I’ve gotten a decent start on holiday shopping by now. But we’ve had a rough few months with having two dogs put to sleep, getting two kids settled at college, and college tours for #3.

I just ordered some small gifts today for our 2 daughters. Tarte Cosmetics has $10 makeup items today and free shipping. I was able to get their Lip Quench which both girls love and hate spending $20 on. I got two for each of them. I also had enough points with their rewards program to get two free travel size moisturizers. So, a handful of items for $40 and free shipping. Not too bad. 👍🏻

What bargains have you found recently that others might be interested in purchasing?

Oh OP, I'm so sorry to hear about your pups. Hope all is going well with your kids at college and getting ready for college. This sure has been a trying year as it is, my heart goes out to you. Hope your holiday season is a little extra magical this year, you deserve it :tink:

Sigh, holiday shopping...it's coming so soon, I need to get it together! Target RedCard is running a deal right now for 10% off Target gift cards up to $500. I bought that yesterday to use towards holiday purchases (that I'll already save 5% on with the card, woot!). Other than that, I picked up a couple of the Halloween costumes on sale at ShopDisney to use as gifts for my niece that likes to dress up. Haven't bought too much else yet :/

I’m so thankful this year that our youngest (12) has let us know she figured out Santa’s secret. Now i don’t have to worry about trying to hunt down the next best “it” item. We were talking over dinner last night, after watching the evening news about how the back up of ships and containers is going to make holiday shopping more difficult, that we will be keeping the gifts to a minimum. We went with Disney APs instead as we would rather have experiences instead of stuff. I hate not having stuff for them to open so I got a few things last week when I got a special kohl’s extra 40% coupon I spent $300 but I supposedly saved $1000. I mostly bought new clothes for my husband who has lost 60 lbs and was in desperate need of clothes that fit him properly. I don’t think there will be that many deals to be had this year. I’m interested to see what is advertised for Black Friday sales.

Have not found any bargains but already got snowsuits, boots and toys for our 4 little grandkids (all under the age of 4).
The boots and snowsuits were a challenge with delays and cancelled orders.
Plan to be done my shopping by Halloween.
Already stocked up on baking supplies for the season as well.
I suspect the bargains will be few this season.

Oh OP, I'm so sorry to hear about your pups. Hope all is going well with your kids at college and getting ready for college. This sure has been a trying year as it is, my heart goes out to you. Hope your holiday season is a little extra magical this year, you deserve it :tink:

Sigh, holiday shopping...it's coming so soon, I need to get it together! Target RedCard is running a deal right now for 10% off Target gift cards up to $500. I bought that yesterday to use towards holiday purchases (that I'll already save 5% on with the card, woot!). Other than that, I picked up a couple of the Halloween costumes on sale at ShopDisney to use as gifts for my niece that likes to dress up. Haven't bought too much else yet :/

Thank you so much! Our whole family has taken a huge hit from losing both dogs. They were two years apart in age, so we really didn’t expect to lose both so close together. I’m hoping better times are ahead!! Adios 2021!

Tried to get the Target GC deal today, but Discover rejected the charge (has 5% back on Target.com purchases) due to security which set off a mess and I ended up just cancelling the order. And now I can't use the same deal again with everything sorted out because it's a one time use one. But that's ok - $500 in Target GCs would have just encouraged me to buy stuff there that I really don't need, probably resulting in 0 real savings in the end. DD21 just got a seasonal job there anyway, so I can just have her pick up stuff with her discount if there is anything I really need.

** ETA: Decided to chat with Target to try and get the order placed anyway. They had me place the order again (this time Discover let it through), then adjusted the price. I'll just have to be really focused on only buying things there I would have bought in the first place LOL But I just couldn't pass up the 10% off plus 5% on Discover PLUS DDs discount (I'll have her use the gift cards to pay for things)!!

Kohl's has a pretty decent sale going on right now on housewares - $10 off $50 plus 30% off, plus they mailed me a $10 "just because" coupon the other day, and I had $10 in Kohl's Cash. So I got a new Greenpan frying pan and some Christmas decor yesterday for $16.

I'm pretty much done gift shopping except for maybe a few more stocking stuffers for DD and her boyfriend if I stumble across good stuff at great prices, now I'm just on the hunt for things like cheap but nice wrapping paper (hoping DollarTree has some of the Hallmark stuff they had last year), and things for myself :) I already got good deals on most gifts during Amazon Prime Day, by watching eBay over the last few months and being open to good condition used items even for gifts (there is no point buying a "new" book in this world at this point), or just plain luck catching sales on some less common gift-type items.

Last edited:
if hitting the brick and mortar stores, check out clearance racks is my advice. for my oldest i snagged a rick and morty vortex backpack that's normally $75. it had been marked down by 50% but it was sitting on a "50% off lowest marked price" rack. i took it up to the counter to find out how they would price it-found out they were about to change the signage on the rack to 75% off lowest marked price so i got it for-75% off $37.50-

$9.37 plus tax :thumbsup2

i'm a big fan of clearance racks for stocking stuffers and oddball gifts that i would never pay full price for.

I'm just barley getting started with Christmas shopping. My kids are older(18 &21) and it's getting so hard to buy for them. They don't even know what they want! LOL

So far for stocking stuffers I purchased from amazon a 4 pack of Saucemoto dip clip and a couple of Fries on the fly holder for their cars. Then today I remembered my dd21 mentioning that she wanted to see Hamilton on tour about a month ago, so I purchased two tickets as her big gift today. I'll probably put a package together with opera glasses, a tee shirt. It's a start!!!

I'm just barley getting started with Christmas shopping. My kids are older(18 &21) and it's getting so hard to buy for them. They don't even know what they want! LOL

So far for stocking stuffers I purchased from amazon a 4 pack of Saucemoto dip clip and a couple of Fries on the fly holder for their cars. Then today I remembered my dd21 mentioning that she wanted to see Hamilton on tour about a month ago, so I purchased two tickets as her big gift today. I'll probably put a package together with opera glasses, a tee shirt. It's a start!!!

Thank you for mentioning this! I did the Saucemoto in last year‘s stockings, but have never heard of the Fries on the fly! Off to order a few for stocking stuffers! My children are 20, 19, and 18, and also SO hard to buy for!

Kohl's mystery coupon today - check your account. Figures I get a 40% off finally, and don't really need anything. But somehow I'm sure I'll find something...

Anyone finding anything worth buying at the Target sale that started today? Nothing has caught my eye so far, and I'm not in the mood to spend a long time digging. I found one item I was somewhat interested in, but it wasn't available for shipping, and all the stores nearby were out of stock by the time I checked at 10am. So......welcome to 2022 stock issues I guess. It was just an electric toothbrush, at an OK price (not killer) so nothing that there should have been a crazy rush on.

Then today I remembered my dd21 mentioning that she wanted to see Hamilton on tour about a month ago, so I purchased two tickets as her big gift today. I'll probably put a package together with opera glasses, a tee shirt. It's a start!!!

I did find this looking quickly at the Target site - a Hamilton Funko Pop on sale :) Might make a good addition to your package?
https://www.target.com/p/funko-pop-movies-hamilton-alexander-hamilton/-/A-82568844#lnk=sametab

Last edited:
Anyone finding anything worth buying at the Target sale that started today? Nothing has caught my eye so far,

i have 6 separate orders with target b/c there are ALLOT of movies and books people in my household want. i price compared their buy 2 get 1 free deals with other vendors (amazon and walmart) but the target deal beats them on almost all (kicker is they carry a much better selection of anime titles). i bundle them by price so that i maximize the savings-i ended up with a savings of about $150. the video games are none on my kid's lists so i'll just wait and see if they offer any others down the line.

Thank you for mentioning this! I did the Saucemoto in last year‘s stockings, but have never heard of the Fries on the fly! Off to order a few for stocking stuffers! My children are 20, 19, and 18, and also SO hard to buy for!

I'm glad I could help!

My plan this year. Everyone gets a set $ amount and then 3 not expensive gifts to unwrap. And their stocking.

DD shared there is a pair of Nike pants she wanted today for Xmas. I said ohh order them now. We were able to grab her the clear Starbucks Disney cup last week at MK - it had been sold out.

For the first time in a long time I get free shipping for kohl’s and I got the 40% for today. So I got DH 2 shirts for Xmas today. I did get DS a pair of dress slacks clearance for $9 but it was because he is an odd size and that was in stock.(not a Xmas present). I got DH a Columbia shirt at downtown spring last week- cheap.
Tuesday- DH texted me a shirt he wanted so I went and got it.

DS I believe I’ll watch for a set of gaming headphones. I got a clearance shirt so far, and he shared. You know I don’t need clothes. He is a junior in college this year and in person this year.
Tuesday- got gaming headset using target10% deal and if got $15 if made 2 purchases.

grandma I found a Hargrove picture 2 weekends ago. I’ll grab a couple of book and pay for her hair cut and perm.

I have DD BF I was going to get him a lego helmet to put together but DD did not response on that. I shall follow up.
Tuesday- lego helmet purchased on sale :)

DH will get a snack box too.

we do buy for DH sister. Prob $ this year.

Last edited:
Normally I’ve gotten a decent start on holiday shopping by now. But we’ve had a rough few months with having two dogs put to sleep

I'm so sorry for your losses.

To answer the question, I buy before the holiday shopping season starts. Very often the 'low prices' we see in November are higher than what they were in September/October. Of course there are some deals to be had on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, but generally I have the bulk of my shopping done before Thanksgiving.

I enjoy these threads. So far, I'm trying to wait until after Halloween. It feels so early. But, today I bought a squish mallow at Costco for dd14 and I've picked up a few lego sets already for ds13.

OP- I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your pups, that is always so difficult....

This year we are doing the gift of travel - so far I've bought a few airline gift cards (and got 1000 points on each of our cards due to a promotion, kinda hoping they bring that back!) and plan on picking up a few more. That plus a random gift or two, and a stocking. I've been trying to pair down the sheer amount of gifts under the tree now that they are older and out of the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter