shades of green

LADYnTRAMP said:
Was wondering what section you would recommend to try and request to be closest to the walkway to the Poly. TIA! :)

The SOG is shaped basically like a "U" with the rooms in the 2 tails and the lobby, registration and bus/car pick-up and drop off in the bowl part. The walkway to Poly is on the right as you drive up the driveway to registration. If any side is "closer" I think it would be the rooms on the right side or old side. If distance is a probablem you may want to request rooms (on either side) that are closer to the lobby, which is still a little bit of a walk (at least the first time but the more you do it, the closer it seems).
We've only stayed in the older side so I don't really know about the newer side (hope to be staying there Memorial Day Weekend :rolleyes: ).
Any way, I hope this helps and I haven't confused you :flower: .

P S We always use the walkway, and my mom and dad are in their 70s.

Thanks JiminyC&me! That did make sense. In Dec. my best friend and I are leaving are teens and hubbies at home and taking a Girl's trip with 2 nights at SOG (my husband is retired USAF) and then off for a 4 night on the Wonder. It will be her first Disney cruise and I'm very excited for her. I guess I'll just ask if there are any rooms available in the front of the resort.

MOMOFMNM said:
Looking off site now because SOG is full end Oct when I want to go...just checked 4 days ago and NOW that I had made my final decision on SOG and was ready to pay and book...it is full!!! WHAAAA!!! I can't really change dates, the kids have Oct 31 off of school and that played into how many days we are vacationing and such and PLUS I have a budget and a going a month early would mean 600 dollars less for our trip, can't do that!!! Now looking into Buena Vista Suites, brkfst, big suite (3 kids) a moderate at POR will just not do for our family...three girls and myself and a hubby. Need space on a budget. Looks like off site will be the place for me and my dates and price range. Any off site hotel reccomendations?

I just returned from SOG and I was wondering if you called or tried the website? I would consider calling and asking about overflow rates through SOG. They are usually a great savings but you will have the FL Tax. Two years ago we stayed at CBR May 6 - 15th and paid 99.25 per day total.

Good luck

MOMOFMNM

Ask to be wait listed at SoG. A lot of people cancel their reservations 30 days out so they can get their deposits back. You might just get lucky!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter