Service Unavailable Error

1.1. error from 8 am until just now, 11:45 am PST today.
Worked perfectly yesterday.
I don't do IT, but sounds like this needs to be escalated with Xenforo.

It has been a constant problem since the so-called upgrade. I had it again this morning for a few hours and Saturday it was down a good part of the day.

Last edited:
Has been happening to me since last week. Every now and then I get the same error's as above. Can someone look into this and find out what is going on please? Tagging 2 of the webmasters in hopes that they can escalate this to solve the issue. @WebmasterAlex @WebmasterCorey

Having the same issue: Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

On my home Verizon network. On my Ipad, and then with my work computer, VPN from my home network to a federal govt network
Yep. That's what mine says. I can get in through Incognito. Otherwise I'm shut out.

I am really Confused by what I am seeing (as I am sure the webmasters are as well).

I just started having the issue and did some more sleuthing. My home network is using nexdns and I looked at their dns servers. Dns2.nextdns.io is giving me different answers for www.disboards.com and disboards.con. The www is giving me the old address and the without is giving me the new/correct one. (I would paste the nslookup here, but I am on my phone because I can’t get to the web site from my computer. I will add it in here as soon as I get this resolved again at home.)

I really hesitate to do this, because I would hate someone looking over my shoulder while I am doing IT work, but is there a chance the serial number In the zone file didn’t get updated when you changed the IP address? I can’t specifically say that would cause this, but I was thinking there are some weird things that can happen when that isn’t done.

> disboards.com.
Server: dns2.nextdns.io
Address: 45.90.30.128

------------
Got answer:
HEADER:
opcode = QUERY, id = 44, rcode = NOERROR
header flags: response, want recursion, recursion avail.
questions = 1, answers = 1, authority records = 0, additional = 0

QUESTIONS:
disboards.com, type = A, class = IN
ANSWERS:
-> disboards.com
internet address = 108.61.75.210
ttl = 2671 (44 mins 31 secs)

------------
Non-authoritative answer:
------------
Got answer:
HEADER:
opcode = QUERY, id = 45, rcode = NOERROR
questions = 1, answers = 0, authority records = 1, additional = 0

QUESTIONS:
disboards.com, type = AAAA, class = IN
AUTHORITY RECORDS:
-> disboards.com
ttl = 2841 (47 mins 21 secs)
primary name server = NS87.WORLDNIC.com
responsible mail addr = namehost.WORLDNIC.com
serial = 122071011
refresh = 10800 (3 hours)
retry = 3600 (1 hour)
expire = 604800 (7 days)
default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)

------------
Name: disboards.com
Address: 108.61.75.210

> www.disboards.com.
Server: dns2.nextdns.io
Address: 45.90.30.128

------------
Got answer:
HEADER:
opcode = QUERY, id = 46, rcode = NOERROR
questions = 1, answers = 1, authority records = 0, additional = 0

QUESTIONS:
www.disboards.com, type = A, class = IN
ANSWERS:
-> www.disboards.com
internet address = 108.171.164.208
ttl = 3195 (53 mins 15 secs)

------------
Non-authoritative answer:
------------
Got answer:
HEADER:
opcode = QUERY, id = 47, rcode = NOERROR
questions = 1, answers = 0, authority records = 1, additional = 0

QUESTIONS:
www.disboards.com, type = AAAA, class = IN
AUTHORITY RECORDS:
-> disboards.com
ttl = 2838 (47 mins 18 secs)
primary name server = NS87.WORLDNIC.com
responsible mail addr = namehost.WORLDNIC.com
serial = 122071011
refresh = 10800 (3 hours)
retry = 3600 (1 hour)
expire = 604800 (7 days)
default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)

------------
Name: www.disboards.com
Address: 108.171.164.208

>

Dan

Last edited:
Glad it's not just me! Came here to see if I was the only one with continuing issues (as have many others apparently). I had this occur right after the migration, which wasn't that startling to me early on. But it keeps happening. It was down this morning/mid-day (Pacific). It was down yesterday late afternoon.

I have Cox. Happens with Firefox and Chrome on my laptop. I haven't tried to access disboards via my phone on cellular.

Down again from 6 pm PST until just now, about 6 pm PST.

I get the http service unavailable issue on my laptop (logged in on Chrome) and on my phone (using ad blocker browser).

The providers are not the same. T-mobile's network on my phone and U-Verse internet on my laptop

It's intermittent issues but has been happening fairly frequently usually once a day on one or the other. I don't think it's been happening at the same time so usually I can still check disboards but have to go to either my phone or my laptop whichever is working.

It's happening now on both devices at the same time for me. Couldn't access these boards from my phone or laptop for several hours this morning.

Checking in from Ireland, 6.30 am Orlando time, which is 11.30am my time. On my laptop got the error 30 minutes ago and still not back. I'm on an Android phone posting this.

I got the error yesterday, cleared cookies, logged out of websites, restarted my laptop and deleted then re added my book mark and I thought it was OK, but the error is back this morning

Update 90 minutes later the error is gone and I'm back in. Its now 12.35pm Irish time / 7.35am Orlando time. I use Chrome on Windows 10.

Out this morning again for about 3 hours. Coming from a .gov network if that is of any value in debugging problem.

I am definitely seeing it less and less. I tried to get the wrong ip from AT&T this morning and couldn’t, even using the same DNS server VIP.
For me, it’s increasing in frequency.

As a non-IT guru, what I don’t understand is how it happens in the MIDDLE of a browsing session. Numerous times I’ve had the error pop up as I’m trying to post a comment, or just navigation through the site. It seems to me that once the DNS server(s) has done it magical connection between me and the disboard host, that should be it. It found its way to the new host.

Does the DNS constantly (or periodically) refresh the connection and routing?

Down yesterday for almost 5 hours, this morning from 9-12. Its getting very annoying, why can't they figure out what is doing it? I get the same error on my phone, on the desktop, and on hubby's laptop , so I know it's not a device problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter