September/October 2014 Roll Call

I pose a question: There is 3 of us travelling to Anaheim for 12 nights, I am looking at Suites .... has anyone stayed at Camelot; Best Western Plus; Maingate? Your reviews or suggestions please.... (reason for a suite: I require 3 beds and extra room. I have 2 daughters with ASD so sometimes they just need to chillout away from me!)

I pose a question: There is 3 of us travelling to Anaheim for 12 nights, I am looking at Suites .... has anyone stayed at Camelot; Best Western Plus; Maingate? Your reviews or suggestions please.... (reason for a suite: I require 3 beds and extra room. I have 2 daughters with ASD so sometimes they just need to chillout away from me!)

We're staying at Desert Inn & Suites for part of our trip. Obviously I haven't stayed there yet, so I don't know first hand what they're like, but they look pretty good, close to the park, and get good reviews. We didn't find a lot around that suited us, but with 1 adult and 2 children (as opposed to 4 adults), you've probably got much more choice with all the kids suites around :thumbsup2

I'm just bumping this post up to remind me to update it next time I'm on the website rather than the App.

How is everyone's plans coming along?

Anyone who's has been reading my PTR will know my plans have completely changed, but the dates are the same. I'm steaming full-speed ahead and have booked my international flights as well as 7 out of 15 accommodation nights. Actually, that doesn't sound too impressive when I write it down like that. :rolleyes2
Money is the biggest deterrent right now; otherwise I would have booked everything. I'm not the most patient person in the world. :)

We're staying at Desert Inn & Suites for part of our trip. Obviously I haven't stayed there yet, so I don't know first hand what they're like, but they look pretty good, close to the park, and get good reviews. We didn't find a lot around that suited us, but with 1 adult and 2 children (as opposed to 4 adults), you've probably got much more choice with all the kids suites around :thumbsup2

Thanks Zanzibar138, I checked out Desert Inn & Suites .... ticked all the boxes for my family and booked on-line... then booked flights so dates changed a couple of days (still 11 nights) so rang direct and got quoted and booked ($300 less) than on-line booking so booked also for return journey.

Hope your stay is enjoyable.

I'm just bumping this post up to remind me to update it next time I'm on the website rather than the App.

How is everyone's plans coming along?

Anyone who's has been reading my PTR will know my plans have completely changed, but the dates are the same. I'm steaming full-speed ahead and have booked my international flights as well as 7 out of 15 accommodation nights. Actually, that doesn't sound too impressive when I write it down like that. :rolleyes2
Money is the biggest deterrent right now; otherwise I would have booked everything. I'm not the most patient person in the world. :)

Ok to ready to publish now:

Oct 26 Mel - AUK - LAX
Oct 26 - Nov 6 - Desert Inn & Suites (Disney Halloween):maleficen
Nov 6 - LAX - Vegas (Accom - not sure yet playing My Vegas so will have Comp rooms, I hope):cool1:
Nov 9 - Nov 19 Shelbyville KY (staying with friends we met in Vegas 2009)
(doing road trip to Nashville and Memphis (Graceland) :car:
Nov 19 - 22 - Desert Inn & Suites Anaheim (Disney Christmas):santa:
Nov 22 - LAX - AUK - Mel

My daughters 17 & 19 are very excited about their 3rd Disney trip..... visiting 2 Countries and at least 6 States of America.... Halloween and Christmas all in one....

Ok to ready to publish now:

Oct 26 Mel - AUK - LAX
Oct 26 - Nov 6 - Desert Inn & Suites (Disney Halloween):maleficen
Nov 6 - LAX - Vegas (Accom - not sure yet playing My Vegas so will have Comp rooms, I hope):cool1:
Nov 9 - Nov 19 Shelbyville KY (staying with friends we met in Vegas 2009)
(doing road trip to Nashville and Memphis (Graceland) :car:
Nov 19 - 22 - Desert Inn & Suites Anaheim (Disney Christmas):santa:
Nov 22 - LAX - AUK - Mel

My daughters 17 & 19 are very excited about their 3rd Disney trip..... visiting 2 Countries and at least 6 States of America.... Halloween and Christmas all in one....
Sounds great, Halloween and christmas YAY!:thumbsup2

I am not surprised your daughters are excited - sounds amazing!

How is everyone's plans coming along?QUOTE]

My plans are starting to come along nicely. Got all our Anaheim accommodation locked in, Joshua Tree, Kernville and Camarillo. Decided on accommodation in Palm Desert and Santa Margarita but have yet to book.

Just waiting for some airfares now (that's DH's job). Once that's all sorted I can lock in any stopovers etc.

Then it will just be a matter of booking in the last of the accommodation, hire car, any special activities we're looking at doing, and special dining etc at DLR.

Just wondering which airline everyone prefers for internal flights? I am flying out of LA to Vegas then onto Louisville, KY and back to LA.

I have checked out most airlines and their reviews and all as bad as each other, now very confused..... was going to look to Southwest or Virgin America or United.... any advice welcome:confused3

Hi all,

I am planning the kids' first overseas trip. Just me and them - they will be 10 and 7 when we leave and 11 and 8 when we get back :)

The rough plan at this stage is:
Sep 28-Oct 1 Las Vegas (DS is desperate to go to the Grand Canyon)
Oct 1-8 WDW. Going to stay on site, probably at Pop.
Oct8-15 Orlando, including Universal, Legoland and space centre
Oct 15-22 NYC, including a trip up to Niagara Falls.

Might stay a few extra days, depending on how we get to/from Niagara.

Can't wait! Not one thing booked yet, though. I'm waiting for the airfares to go on sale in Feb, hopefully.

Hi all,

I am planning the kids' first overseas trip. Just me and them - they will be 10 and 7 when we leave and 11 and 8 when we get back :)

The rough plan at this stage is:
Sep 28-Oct 1 Las Vegas (DS is desperate to go to the Grand Canyon)
Oct 1-8 WDW. Going to stay on site, probably at Pop.
Oct8-15 Orlando, including Universal, Legoland and space centre
Oct 15-22 NYC, including a trip up to Niagara Falls.

Might stay a few extra days, depending on how we get to/from Niagara.

Can't wait! Not one thing booked yet, though. I'm waiting for the airfares to go on sale in Feb, hopefully.

Welcome Lees75 :wave2: Your plans sound great.

Just wondering which airline everyone prefers for internal flights? I am flying out of LA to Vegas then onto Louisville, KY and back to LA.

I have checked out most airlines and their reviews and all as bad as each other, now very confused..... was going to look to Southwest or Virgin America or United.... any advice welcome:confused3

I really like Virgin America.
Southwest Airlines are also good in that 2 bags per person are free. You do have to pay for preferred boarding though if you don't want to run the risk of being separated from your family.

My plans are starting to come along nicely. Got all our Anaheim accommodation locked in, Joshua Tree, Kernville and Camarillo. Decided on accommodation in Palm Desert and Santa Margarita but have yet to book.

Just waiting for some airfares now (that's DH's job). Once that's all sorted I can lock in any stopovers etc.

Then it will just be a matter of booking in the last of the accommodation, hire car, any special activities we're looking at doing, and special dining etc at DLR.

It sounds like everything is coming along nicely :thumbsup2

Time is just flying by at present. All our trips will be here before we know it.

Checking in :)

Good morning everybody, 33 weeks to go for us, this time in 33 weeks we'll have been in the air for about an hour :thumbsup2

Wanting to book more things but with the dollar diving close to .3c this week i'm a bit :scared:

So i'll hold out for now, if it recovers i'll be booking a heap of stuff :p

Roll on September pixiedust:

We are trying to make our final decision and plans, trying to decided between September or next January. Currently planning to do a cruise on either trip though, as we sailed on the Dream last October, and we are now hooked on cruising as well as WDW!

Shannon

So far we're not including any internal flights, but if we do it will be with AA, but that's only because we have platinum status with them. We very much enjoyed our flights with Virgin on our last trip and would highly recommend them :thumbsup2

Southwest gets some good feedback, and I think it's popular because they include checked luggage, but I personally hated them! Having said that, I didn't know that there was no assigned seating, and wasn't at all prepared. The crush was terrible, we saw couples and families being split up while single people refused to fill the empty seat next to them. People were forced to stow their cabin bags right at the other end of the plane from where they were sitting. Put me off ever flying with them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter