September crew... what are you doing?

I haven't gotten the email yet but I'm wondering if you say yes you are planning to come and then you change your mind between now and September if you can still cancel/move your trip. A lot can happen in the next 70+ days.
The due date to confirm is 30 days before your check-in, so you have a bit of time to confirm. But they still have listed on the website that the day of check-in cancels before Oct. 3 can be done.

As of this morning, with Disneyland delaying opening and an increase in Covid cases in Florida, my husband thinks the decision will be made for us. He's pretty much convinced that they will have to shut down again this fall due to a second wave of the virus. I hope he's wrong. :sad1:

I'll be there 5th-12th. I won the trip in a sweepstakes (still cant believe it!) THANK YOU ZIPLOC!!!. Part of the sweeps is 3 night stay at the Grand which now the regular rooms will not be open so I'm waiting to hear where I'll be moved to. Im disappointed about no fireworks and things like that but Ive been to Disney multiple times so I can live without it. Hope to see you all there!

If you're schedule to visit WDW in September or are planning a trip, are you still going? Considering that its possible that none of the current restrictions will be lifted and we will be without parades, fireworks, etc... I said I would not go to WDW if we have to wear mask. That's simply a deal breaker for me. Also not having the full Disney experience is kind of disappointing. I'm suppose to be in Disney end of June but I'm strongly considering moving everything to 2021.
I REALLY didn’t want to cancel but I finally did it this week. My trip was scheduled for September 20th & I intended to do MNSSHP for the first time. The trip also was my son’s first trip to Disney, ON his birthday. We did the Deluxed dining plan & All of my ADR’s were perfect, with me following advice I learned on this forum! Back in April I decided to book a backup date just in case, so i reserved Wilderness Lodge for April 2021, but wasnt ready to cancel September yet, I was waiting & seeing. For me, Disney is much more than the rides. We WANTED to meet certain characters & see fireworks & parades. One of the most important things we had planned was also Savis Workshop. Plus, masks are suffocating, even on a not-so-hot day... what will they be on a sweltering Florida day on long lines? Once they cancelled all of my ADR’s FOR me, it was a wrap. I cancelled, got a credit for airfare & need to change my park tickets dates or get refunded for them bc i bought those from Undercover Tourist. Actually, from what I can see Wilderness Lodge isnt even open in September now? And people are saying they arent able to get dates for 2021, so Im guessing I got in there before that changed? I really wanted that hotel, so once again, waiting & seeing. I guess will start looking at what resorts I would want as a back-up...

i feel like everything is being stacked against me and i should just push my trip back. but much like everyone else on these boards/threads planning for so long it's so disappointing to get to that point.

i still can't add on tickets (as expected) for my resort only labor day reservation and the days are ticking by with me getting more and more anxious. i can't even find myself getting excited for the trip because a very major component is still unknown.

but i'm from PA (who is doing very well with COVID cases!!) but my flight is from Newark, NJ--thank you United Mileage Card for my 'free' tickets--but now i have no idea what happens for those that come inbound from the tri-state area into florida and how quarantining works.

If i had tickets i don't think i would be this concerned at all but the 'later this summer' adage makes me uneasy.

I'll be there 5th-12th. I won the trip in a sweepstakes (still cant believe it!) THANK YOU ZIPLOC!!!. Part of the sweeps is 3 night stay at the Grand which now the regular rooms will not be open so I'm waiting to hear where I'll be moved to. Im disappointed about no fireworks and things like that but Ive been to Disney multiple times so I can live without it. Hope to see you all there!
Congratulations!!!

I am scheduled to be there Sept 1-7 to celebrate my 50th birthday. I love in NJ and while I have to wear a mask all day at work I don’t think I will be able to handle wearing it walking around the parks in the heat and humidity. I am going to wait and see if the mask requirement changes before I make any decisions. If it wasn’t for the mask requirement I would otherwise go. We go so frequently that no parades and fireworks are not a deal breaker for me.
how do you feel about the mandate for quarantine? i'm supposed to go aug. 31-sept. days and i can't return quarantine so i can't go unless it's lifted. thoughts?

As of this morning, with Disneyland delaying opening and an increase in Covid cases in Florida, my husband thinks the decision will be made for us. He's pretty much convinced that they will have to shut down again this fall due to a second wave of the virus. I hope he's wrong. :sad1:
i agree

We had to reschedule from May at the Boardwalk to Sept. at Saratoga as we have points that they would not extend and we would lose if not used by Oct 1. At this point we have our park reservations but since we are in CT we have been lumped into the 14 day quarantine in FL and as of today would have to quarantine at home upon return since CT, NY, and NJ just instituted a travel quarantine from the hot spot states. Not sure what will happen by Sept. but as of now we can’t go even if we wanted to with all the quarantine restrictions.
same. i was ready to go. set it up and bam the quarantine. i was hoping the quarantine going there would have been lifted but now we have reverse....

I’m hoping it gets lifted before we go in September. If we In NJ were able to get our numbers under control in a few weeks then so can Florida! Fingers crossed!
i was thinking that but if we have to let wdw know 30 days out it's a long shot for me since i'm in very early september...and i can't c both mandates from both states being lifted so fast.

Yesterday, I rescheduled my September trip to November. Still at Pop Century, same number of days, same tickets. Still retained my 35% room discount. It increased my costs by $117.14 (due to season).

just a little snippet of information not that it is uber important but interesting to know!
i'm in the travel industry and the president of our company is on the advisory board for delta airlines/delta vacations. they did mention that confirmed until September 30th (minimally) all flights will have the middle seat opened and unable to be booked. if you are on the same record locator you are able to sit next to your family members and occupy middle seats.

boarding back to front and delta one can board whenever they want still. but people actually adhere to these rules because most don't want to be sitting down with others passing them. and only 10 people will be boarding at a time.

but what i found interesting is masks will be required for all flights through 2020!

Officially moved to next September but still planning on going on this year's back up trip in December.

Yesterday, I rescheduled my September trip to November. Still at Pop Century, same number of days, same tickets. Still retained my 35% room discount. It increased my costs by $117.14 (due to season).
what's your thinking about november? do you think it will be better by then with covid or that the eo will be lifted and you're affected by it now ? i could do that i guess..didn't really consider rebooking for later fall .

At least in CT, the quarantine upon return is not mandatory. They strongly suggest but it is not a requirement. I am more concerned about the EO in Florida being lifted. We should know in about 10 days.

what's your thinking about november? do you think it will be better by then with covid or that the eo will be lifted and you're affected by it now ? i could do that i guess..didn't really consider rebooking for later fall .
Several reasons came into play in our rescheduling. The large increase in covid-19 cases in Florida. So much of the normal Disney experience will be missing (no parades, no fireworks, no shows, no character M&G, no EMH, shorter park hours, no park hopping, some restaurants still closed, etc). Wearing a face mask in September when it's HOT and HUMID.

By November we're hoping that things improve. This will allow Disney to have move time under their belts. It will be better weather wise (especially if we still need to wear face masks). Maybe MCMCP will happen? Maybe more park hours? Maybe EMHs? Maybe shows? Maybe parades? Maybe fireworks? Maybe more restaurants? Maybe more Disney magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter