September crew... what are you doing?

I was expecting the worst ... it took me more that a few tries to get past the ‘Pink Castle‘ waiting screen ... the whole time thinking “All the Parks I want will be gone and I will end of with 8 days of Animal Kingdom“ (no offense intended for The AK diehard, one day a trip is enough AK for me ).
I was pleased once I got in and was able to reserve all the park selections I wanted (On my Bounceback, Free Dining, Contemporary Resort Package ... turned into a Recovery20 Discount :) ).
Now ... the wait to see when ADR’s May be available for the parks, and, of course, my final Go / No Go decision on if I am really doing this September adventure or not !

At this point it’s all about ADRs. We aren’t doing this trip with the heat and masks and no hopping without built in time to cool off and relax. Once that is figured out we will make a final decision.

Got our onsite parks booked, got hotel switched to something that’s actually gonna be open, now I’m waiting until Friday to get our offsite portion of September trip booked.
I swear, these past two days have been brutal with all the phone wait times and the computer glitches

Got room switched over to POP today, had my Park passes yesterday , Will check on ADRs when they open. So I will wait to see how things shape up over the next 2 months.

So far we are still going!!! 9/23-10/6 at Pop. Got 10 days worth of park reservations. Trying to stay excited!! Just working on getting my 4yo to wear a mask!

Still on track to go, if at all possible. Got our six days of park reservations with a little bit of trouble that was fixed via chat. WL is going to be closed though so now waiting to see where Disney will move us.

Finally got my resort switched from ASMu to POP. Park reservations are done. Waiting until ADRs are open. My husband isn't happy with how little is in Epcot, but without the cultural reps, that's expected. Only concerning thing is watching virus updates in Florida. My state is considering what NY, CT and NJ have done, requiring 14-day quarantine from FL, so that will play into everything as well.

We were really close to cancelling but after making park reservations and knowing we will have a room (moved from POFQ to CBR), I’m starting to get excited again and am trying to convince my husband we should still go. We’re used to Disneyland so I’m looking forward to the more laidback feel that this WDW trip has become.

We had to reschedule from May at the Boardwalk to Sept. at Saratoga as we have points that they would not extend and we would lose if not used by Oct 1. At this point we have our park reservations but since we are in CT we have been lumped into the 14 day quarantine in FL and as of today would have to quarantine at home upon return since CT, NY, and NJ just instituted a travel quarantine from the hot spot states. Not sure what will happen by Sept. but as of now we can’t go even if we wanted to with all the quarantine restrictions.

Anyone else get an email from Disney destinations asking for us to confirm our stay in September?
I just got my email as well ... I clicked the button, answered the question, and it told me ....

You’re still planning on coming to Walt Disney World Resort

Anyone else get an email from Disney destinations asking for us to confirm our stay in September?
Just got it and confirmed. It’s almost like they’re shocked you still want to come.
It’s like
Are you sure?
Really sure?
Really really sure?

YES! I just spent two days straight on hold or stuck on a computer...I’M REALLY REALLY SURE!!

Got all 8 of our park days for mid-Sept. after *only* 2.5 hrs. I feel fortunate because I've read nightmare stories of 8 and 10 hours of trying and only getting ONE park day. I was on my phone, using Chrome Incognito.
Now I need Desantis to drop his restrictions against NJ travelers AND Florida's case #s to drop so NJ quarantine doesn't apply. Sheesh! I've never had sooo much of a WDW trip be totally out of my control. Trying to just go with it. It is what it is. No sense worrying about things you can't change.

I haven't gotten the email yet but I'm wondering if you say yes you are planning to come and then you change your mind between now and September if you can still cancel/move your trip. A lot can happen in the next 70+ days.

I got the email also even though I'm still unable to purchase park tickets. Grrr

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter