September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

:confused:AIRPORT

I can fly first class all the way if I fly home from Newark for about 1/3 the points of basic cabin when I use a New York airport, how do you get to Newark ? :confused3

My daughter took a taxi from LGA (which is on the other side of Manhattan) to Newark last year (yes, she went to the wrong airport:rotfl2: ). She said it cost $140 with tip and it took an hour. There is a train you can take from Penn Station, which is easy to get to.

Thanks All. I would be heading to Newark from the cruise and suspect cab is going to be my best option. I was looking at port site to see if there are any shuttle services but could not tell if they included Newark.

Thanks All. I would be heading to Newark from the cruise and suspect cab is going to be my best option. I was looking at port site to see if there are any shuttle services but could not tell if they included Newark.

I am pretty sure Disney will be providing shutttle buses to all the airports. It may be your best option.

My daughter took a taxi from LGA (which is on the other side of Manhattan) to Newark last year (yes, she went to the wrong airport:rotfl2: ). She said it cost $140 with tip and it took an hour. There is a train you can take from Penn Station, which is easy to get to.
Hi Bellecruiser, we own at The Beach Club and Saratoga Springs as well. We will be staying in a Treehouse in November this year.

We love all our DVC homes.:thumbsup2 We have never stayed in the Treehouses, though. I will be interested to hear how you liked them. We tend to stay at Beach Club for Food and Wine every three years or so, and this January we will spend a week at VGF and a week at SSR. We need to go somewhere green in January.

We love all our DVC homes.:thumbsup2 We have never stayed in the Treehouses, though. I will be interested to hear how you liked them. We tend to stay at Beach Club for Food and Wine every three years or so, and this January we will spend a week at VGF and a week at SSR. We need to go somewhere green in January.
Hi Bellecruiser, we have already stayed at the Treehouses a couple of times, we really like them. The only minus is using Disney Transportation, you have to go to SSR and then get the bus to the parks ect from there. They are really peaceful and the decor is lovely. We've only stayed in the accessible Treehouses, as my son in law is a wheelchair user, but I don't think the standard ones would be very different. I'd certainly recommend them.

I think all of the ports we stop at are in a town. Cork is a harbor town as is Sydney, Halifax and St John. I am not too sure about Portsmouth. However, it is an ancient port so I suspect it is in town. You can probably ask DCL for all the port addresses, and then look them up on Google Maps.

You know it's Fish Extender time when you take off your glasses to find out what's scratching your face and find a stick on gem attached to the inside of them.

So is anyone going to London early before the cruise? If yes, how are you getting to Dover? I am thinking about getting there on Thursday and then
taking the train Saturday morning to the port, but I have never stayed in London, only took a day trip from my last cruise so I am a bit nervous about navigating around the city. Not as mobile as I once was. This will be my second Disney cruise and also my second time on the Magic, so now I know my way around and am getting very excited.

When we did the Northern Europe 2 years ago we stayed in London for 4 days pre cruise, did the City and a couple day trips, took a private shuttle to Dover the morning of the cruise. This time we plan to arrive day before and catch a shared shuttle to Dover that day and spend day seeing Dover. We arrive in London about 6am and should be in Dover about 10, find lunch, take a nap and then see what Dover has to offer into the evening.

So is anyone going to London early before the cruise? If yes, how are you getting to Dover? I am thinking about getting there on Thursday and then
taking the train Saturday morning to the port, but I have never stayed in London, only took a day trip from my last cruise so I am a bit nervous about navigating around the city. Not as mobile as I once was. This will be my second Disney cruise and also my second time on the Magic, so now I know my way around and am getting very excited.

We are going a few days early, as we love London. We are planning to get to the ship via Disney Transportation, which I believe will leave from our hotel. Since we don't know Dover very well we are thinking of maybe moving their a day early to explore. We shall see.

We are going a few days early, as we love London. We are planning to get to the ship via Disney Transportation, which I believe will leave from our hotel. Since we don't know Dover very well we are thinking of maybe moving their a day early to explore. We shall see.

Which hotel are you staying at? I am not quite sure where I am staying, would like to be close to the center and would like to stay at a more
classic English hotel rather than a large chain.

Hi Minnie4ever :wave2:

I know how you feel about a classic British hotel. However, we are staying at a Marriott...Gloucester House, on points. I hope you find something you like.

Meg

We booked this cruise back in July, but are new to the Boards.

Going to celebrate our 30th birthday's and my parents retirement. Couldn't be more excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!