September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

I Loooovvvveee the COMET! I think that is my all time favorite roller coaster.
Haven't been there for a few years....do they still have the zoo?

Haven't seen the Avengers, but DD and DGS (4) did, DD said it wasn't bad, DGS said it was "awsome".

PI: DD and I are seriously considering the "Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins". That excursion seems to cover a lot of varied sites in the 4.5 hour time frame....it goes to the Mayan ruins @ San Gervasio, a Tequilera (with samples of Tequila), sight seeing point overlooking the sea at El Mirador, and
El Cedral - once the center of Mayan Life and the site of first Catholic Mass.

I am also considering the Cacchoben ruins tour in Costa Maya. The ship is only in port there for about 5 hours, and this tour is 4-4.5 hours so that would be perfect. Don would just go sit at the Costa Maya pool/beach area right past the pier and be very happy to bask in the sun.

SOOOO, how excited are you getting? Only 22 days to go!!!!:dance3::dance3: Are you packed yet?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are hoping to go see The Avengers. Anyone seen it yet?

We saw The Avengers on opening night and I thought it was excellent! There was alot of comedic interaction between the heroes. It was very entertaining.

I have not done much in either port. Out of the two trips I have made to Grand cayman I just got off briefly Ro go to the Magraitaville because they had a waterside. In Cozumel I don't get off the ship. I know my wife enjoyed her tour in Grand Cayman to a turtle farm and to Hell.

We are doing the Fury Catamaran tour in Cozumel and the Chacchoben tour in Costa Maya. The catamaran ride should be a good time, although I'm not big on snorkeling, and from what I've read, the ruins should be interesting.

I Loooovvvveee the COMET! I think that is my all time favorite roller coaster.
Haven't been there for a few years....do they still have the zoo?

Haven't seen the Avengers, but DD and DGS (4) did, DD said it wasn't bad, DGS said it was "awsome".

PI: DD and I are seriously considering the "Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins". That excursion seems to cover a lot of varied sites in the 4.5 hour time frame....it goes to the Mayan ruins @ San Gervasio, a Tequilera (with samples of Tequila), sight seeing point overlooking the sea at El Mirador, and

I am also considering the Cacchoben ruins tour in Costa Maya. The ship is only in port there for about 5 hours, and this tour is 4-4.5 hours so that would be perfect. Don would just go sit at the Costa Maya pool/beach area right past the pier and be very happy to bask in the sun.

SOOOO, how excited are you getting? Only 22 days to go!!!!:dance3::dance3: Are you packed yet?

We really enjoy the Comet (front row), although the last time we rode it we observed a rather "rough" looking couple standing near the ride and the woman had her hand covering her mouth trying not to puke. They had obviously been sucking down every alcoholic drink they could afford that day. Guess who sits right behind me on the Comet? Yep, miss social drinker herself. Now my first instinct is to get up and move before take off, but I thought, "no way will that happen, she already heaved, and besides if she hurls it will go toward the back, I'm fine". The train comes to a stop and just before I stand up she lets loose all over the back of my head and neck and shoulders, then walks away like nothing happened. Definately my most memorable coaster ride of all time. I have since nicknamed it "The Vomet". My favorite is the Magnum Force in Cedar Point. What a ride... 300+ft and 93mph! with only a lap bar. Smoothest ride ever.

I

Packed :scared1: Heck No!!! Last weekend I began to review the old wardrobe and it was a sad state of affairs. Since then I've been scouring for any and all deals to try and spruce it up. (JQ's wasn't any better!) Today I started spring cleaning. Better late than never! Of course I'm already taking a break.:lmao:

I've been trying to get up to speed on all these excursions. The "Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins" sounds pretty good. I'll pass along any feedback I might hear. Looks like we are a go for Chacchoben so we'll let you know how that is!
If Don isn't joining you in Cozumel, he might want to check out that fury cataman and beach blast. That's what we're doin!!! Here's a preview of the dance party they host during the ride back to the ship :rotfl:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJnnup89Vc

JQ: Wow, If I were you on the Comet, I would have joined the "lady" in a hurl contest:rotfl2: How could a person just walk away when they did that to someone.
Reminds me of the time when I was a little kid, we were on our way to my grandmothers one evening, about half an hour away, so my parents could drop us off and go to a class reunion. Half way there, my little brother said he was sick so dad pulled over (this was before car seats and seat belts by the way) and mom got him out of the car, well there was a drive in theater that you could see from the road and he started watching the movie, then said he was OK, mom got him back in the car and you guessed it.....about 3 minutes later he threw up right onto the back of my dad's head, all over his suit, all over the seat. Dad was not happy!!! But then, you know how that feels;)

PI: I enjoyed the video. that was funny.

TO ALL: Have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend. If you are traveling, please be extra careful..:thumbsup2

Henlady, I am with you on I would have hurled right back at her. Sorry you had to experience that Johnny Q.

We loved Avengers.:rotfl2: And then we went to see Men in Black 3. That was really good as well. I will not say any more about MIB because if you have not seen it, I would be afraid to spoil it.

PI and JQ- WOW!:yay: It is almost time! :yay:Are you ready?:eek:

Avengers was awesome! We saw it at the drive in where it was paired with John Carter (which wasn't that bad. Maybe it's because we went in with suuuper low expectations lol).

In other news, FI and I got approved for a Disney Visa!! :banana: None of my friends understand my excitement. lol

Avengers was awesome! We saw it at the drive in where it was paired with John Carter (which wasn't that bad. Maybe it's because we went in with suuuper low expectations lol).

In other news, FI and I got approved for a Disney Visa!! :banana: None of my friends understand my excitement. lol

You saw it at the Drive In???? How great is that!!!! Unfortunately none have survived here in South Jersey.

Glad you thought John Carter wasn't as bad as it reviewed. I'm thinking if it's playing on the Fantasy next week we'll check it out. Next week?!? Listen to me........ I don't thinkl it's sunk in yet that we're boarding in a week.

Dreamer, anytime your friends don't understand your Disney excitement feel free to share any and all the Disney news you want over here!!! I'm right there with you.

P.S. How are the wedding plans coming? JQ and I have three weddings to attend from May to Sept this year (first one was last Fri)- all couples right around your age too. Love is definately in the air these days!!!!

Regina, we are not ready by a long shot. We decided to time this trip to lead into our San Diego visit which means we will be away from june 8 - 26. I haven't really accepted that yet. I've become a "jumper" who juggles. :rotfl: How's that for a new profession!

Time is not my friend right now!!! But.................... I know what awaits once we are on our way and for that I'm extremely motivated.

ps. If anyone has any requests for pics/info re: the fantasy we're happy to oblige!

Good morning all! Had a nice but wet weekend- soooo many storms in the last 3 days. But I did see 3 double rainbows yesterday, that was a treat. At one point, it was raining on 1/2 of our yard and not raining on the other half. That was really strange.

PI & JQ: I wish you guys wonderful and safe journeys over the coming month. Don & I will be watching you sail away on Saturday. We'll be looking forward to your return to hear all of the details of the Fantasy. Have a great time!! If you can get any pics of the Satellite Falls area that would be great, that area looks like a spot that "Don the Sun Worshiper" will enjoy.

PI and JQ- It is here- the start to a FANTASTIC month! Have a safe, happy, healthy, MAGICAL time. Post pics when you can.

What time should we log on to watch you sail away?

You saw it at the Drive In???? How great is that!!!! Unfortunately none have survived here in South Jersey.

Glad you thought John Carter wasn't as bad as it reviewed. I'm thinking if it's playing on the Fantasy next week we'll check it out. Next week?!? Listen to me........ I don't thinkl it's sunk in yet that we're boarding in a week.

Dreamer, anytime your friends don't understand your Disney excitement feel free to share any and all the Disney news you want over here!!! I'm right there with you.

P.S. How are the wedding plans coming? JQ and I have three weddings to attend from May to Sept this year (first one was last Fri)- all couples right around your age too. Love is definately in the air these days!!!!

First off happy and safe travels to you!! I hope that you have an amazingly magical trip! pixiedust:

I would be so sad if our drive-in didn't still exist! We see so many more movies during the summer because it's two movie (or three movies weekend nights July and August) for $8! Can't beat that around here for new release movies.

Wedding plans are going well considering how much time we still have. We have all the major things books venue, DJ, officiant (since we're having a secular wedding so this was tricky!), and photographer. We have engagement pictures scheduled for September and I bought these cufflinks for FI!

9f3fb225.jpg

And my best friend bought us this sign for our guest table which I think is just perfect!

4c9f5f02.jpg

Now I'm (im)patiently waiting to be able to book the rest of our honeymoon. lol

Good morning all! Had a nice but wet weekend- soooo many storms in the last 3 days. But I did see 3 double rainbows yesterday, that was a treat. At one point, it was raining on 1/2 of our yard and not raining on the other half. That was really strange.

PI & JQ: I wish you guys wonderful and safe journeys over the coming month. Don & I will be watching you sail away on Saturday. We'll be looking forward to your return to hear all of the details of the Fantasy. Have a great time!! If you can get any pics of the Satellite Falls area that would be great, that area looks like a spot that "Don the Sun Worshiper" will enjoy.

Hi Kris,
We're sitting here at the MCO Hyatt getting organized at 2 am, wide awake because we pulled an all nighter at home before our flight. I'm ready to board the Fantasy now! We are very impressed with this hotel. It's convenient and comfortable and makes for an easy transition to the cruise. I'm sure we will get some pics of satellite falls for you. Bon Voyage!

PI and JQ- It is here- the start to a FANTASTIC month! Have a safe, happy, healthy, MAGICAL time. Post pics when you can.

What time should we log on to watch you sail away?

If you log on to the webcam around 5pm today you can see her pull away. We'll be on our deck 8 varanda, midship waving at you.

First off happy and safe travels to you!! I hope that you have an amazingly magical trip! pixiedust:

I would be so sad if our drive-in didn't still exist! We see so many more movies during the summer because it's two movie (or three movies weekend nights July and August) for $8! Can't beat that around here for new release movies.

I wish we had a drive-in. Sounds like alot of fun.

Wedding plans are going well considering how much time we still have. We have all the major things books venue, DJ, officiant (since we're having a secular wedding so this was tricky!), and photographer. We have engagement pictures scheduled for September and I bought these cufflinks for FI!

The cufflinks are great! I would wear them.

DREAMER7787:
The cuff links are awsome!! AND I love the sign also. Sounds like you have the wedding plans in control. Good for you.

Well, JQ & PI should be on the ship by now. I'll be looking forward to & watching their sail away. Can't wait till it's our turn.:yay:

Just wanted to share. I went to Cars Land yesterday. There was no restrictions on cameras or posting to social media. I can see why the Tires are getting a bad review as it takes double the amount of time to unload then load the ride than you spend riding the ride. With that said once the wife and I figured out how to do control the tires, man it was fun and we both loved it. As a matter of fact it was my wife's favorite ride. Here is a pic right before it started.
9f2caaed.jpg

We also liked the Junkyard Jamboree. I think this will be a sleeper hit. It was just fun, and we were laughing most of the time on the ride in a good way.
3d193a39.jpg

Then racers. No Fastpass was offered . Single rider was offered and I used it twice. I waited in the stand by line once to to see it. It has a really cool bottle building. The ride itself I give a A- it gets the minus because I wish durring the race part you go faster. A CM told me the ride goes 45. Since this is like Test Track I think it should have gone at least 55 or so. Still it's a great ride.
c520e2f8.jpg
7fdcfe38.jpg

We ate food from both Flo's
868b7778.jpg
and the Cozy Cone motel.
0b84e1c3.jpg
b28edc92.jpg
All were very good. All in all Cars Land is AMAZING. I love what WDI can do when they are given money.

aan1701:
Thank you so much for posting the pics and reviews. Cars Land looks awesome. Glad to hear you guys had a good time there. It would be wonderful If they would put that at WDW, my DGS would think he was in heaven. The themeing looks spot on, which I would expect. The imagineers have done it again.:goodvibes

Hi everyone,

We are sitting here in sunny southern california playing with our beautiful grandchildren. It doesn't get any better than this! Every time we come here I don't want to leave.

Alan, thanks for the pictures. Cars Land looks fantastic. On our next visit I'm sure we'll get there.

Hard to believe we were on the Fantasy last week. What a ship! We were told there were 3800 passengers, but we never felt it.

The staff and service were impeccable.

Kris, we have several pictures of satellite falls. Will post as soon as I can figure out how. The closing times were anywhere from 6:30 - 8:30pm depending on the day. There were plenty of sun and shade loungers to choose from.

Satellite Falls -

These were taken around 5:30 pm on the 6th day at sea. Temp was mid 80's at that time. Most of the heavy sun remains on all the loungers closest to the "falls" through most of the day.

IMG_6223.JPG

satellite_falls_5.jpg

satellite_falls_3.jpg

satellite_falls_1.jpg

satellite_falls_4.jpg

Here is the new wading pool in the family area adjacent to the adult pool on deck 12. This was mainly used by adults probably due to the poor signage.

family_wading_pool_3.jpg

family_pool.jpg

fantasy_1.jpg

When we disembarked, we stayed two days in a studio at the Boardwalk Villas and bought a one day park hopper which we used at all four parks on Fathers day - better known as the "grand slam" at Disneyworld.

4_parks_1_day.jpg

In order for it to be official, we had our own rules.
1) 4 parks
2) 4 rides/shows in each park including all coasters with a minimum of 3 major attractions.
3) Different character photo in each park.

Here's one of our favorites taken at Epcot.

epcot_daisy.jpg

We had a great time with it despite a temporary shut down at toy story which forced a return trek back to the Studios and Test Track being closed for refurbishment.

JQ thanks for sharing the photos. New water features seem like a nice addition.

Awesome job on the grand slam!! Sweet Father's Day!
However I am sure the time you spent with your grandchildren was even sweeter :-)

Feel free to share more pictures. I get my Disney fix looking at others peoples trips :-)

Hi everyone. Haven't been on for a while - had a trip to Ocean City MD, which was great and definately needed. Then after we got back, suddenly found ourselves in the planning stages for an impromptu cruise on the Magic for 5 nights on Sept 2.

JQ & PI: Thanks sooo much for the pics of the Satallite Falls area. Don says that's where we will find him on most days!! Love the pic with Daisy, so cute.
Glad to hear you guys had a great time. And yes, I know how you feel about spending time with those grand kids. Had our DGS in OC with us and loved it.
We are planning on staying at the Hyatt for the April '13 cruise, so I'm glad to hear it was convenient.
Wow- 4 parks in one day :thumbsup2. The most we've done was 3, and that was crazy.

I now know how you guys felt about getting ready for your "unplanned" cruise. They have come out with great OGT rates for the 9/2 Canada cruise and we are in the process of talking my mom (85) and Don's mom (87) into going with us. At this point in time they look like they're going. I told them they have to let me know by tomorrow, so we shall see. Neither has ever cruised before.

You all have a great weekend. It's supposed to be 94 here today. Not my kind of weather, but Don loves it.

Next weekend we're heading to Gettysburg, PA for the annual battle reenactment. We don't participate, we just enjoy watching.:goodvibes

Well, Don's Mom and my Mom have finally decided that they will go on the Sept 2nd cruise - YEAH:dance3: Now we just have to get their ID/documents in order. Don's mom thought she had her birth certificate, but it turns out it is just a "Record of Registration" of her birth, so I'm going to have to go to Pittsburgh to get her an actual birth certificate since the Dept of Vital Statistics is taking 14 weeks to send out a BC by mail. She's just going to use the Birth Certificate and drivers License for boarding. For my mom, it turns out that on her birth certificate her name is listed as Agnes Marie....... on her drivers license and every other legal document she is listed as Marie Agnes. GREAT...
she did have a passport back in the late 70's that listed her as Marie Agnes, so DB is taking her tomorrow to get a passport card and have it expidited, so that there is no problem with her name differences. Mom said that's what they did 85 years ago, named you one thing and called you something else!:confused3 Oh well, It will all be worth it once we're on the Magic.
Now the quick planning begins. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!