September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Hi Kris,
Nice to hear that you had a great time. I'm sure that New England weather was beautiful. We'll have to pick your brain about the ins and outs of the Magic because we booked a 4 day for December 2013. Departs from Miami to Key West/Castaway/at sea and back. I'm looking forward to experiencing the smaller ship and a different port. Never been to the Keys.
Hopefully the rumors are true about a major refurb while she's in Europe.

Great job on the re-book. Can't wait for this cruise!

Hello all -

As we approach the one year mark just wanted to drop in and say :wave2:!!

Are we all still here?? Mcfly? Bueller? Anyone?

Still here. Been at WDW since 9/21. Going to be here till 10/3

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wow! Sounds great Alan! Jealous as usual. Would love to be there for the Food and Wine Fest.

Are you planning to take advantage of the DVC annual pass deal scheduled to go on sale Oct 1 - or won't this benefit you since it's WDW?

We've decided to go for it.

No I will not be using the new DVC discount. We buy Premier Passes as we would have Premium Passes to DL and that is 649 by it self. Add that to the 400 that this will cost and I still save just over 200 by buying a Premier. So the new DVC WDW pass discount will not help.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Interesting. I'm not an AP patron so this is new turf. From what I've been reading there seems to be a wave of new passholders coming with this promotion.

I'm wondering if it's a way to get us back into the parks. We haven't spent nearly this much on admission tickets in years - and we seem to be averaging a couple trips annually. Feels like DVC members are profiled more and more!!!

Finally we're within the year mark!...

Oh no I better get packed! What else do I have to do? Where are we staying? How are we getting there? I wish we had more time!

Happy cruising,
Jim

Is our cruise really sold out?!? :confused:

I off handily mentioned that I was sad to be going on my first Disney trip without my family and said they should go at the same time. My mom turned the cruise part of our honeymoon into a family reunion. :lmao: I really don't mind because my family is awesome about giving us space so we'll only see everyone on our own schedule, but my aunt went to book today and it says the cruise is completely sold out. Seems a little weird, but I've never cruised before. Could it be a glitch? Or is it really sold out? And just how crazy is a sold out cruise?

dreamer,

I checked the DCL website and am shocked our cruise is not listed! I am not sure what is going on but it can't possibly be sold out. thanks for the heads up.

A what?? We aren't DVC members! Does this mean they can kick us off the cruise? We've already paid in full and we booked one year ago. Ahhh, panic mode. Did I ever mention I'm a worrier?? :sad:

JQ is worried too. I am praying this is not the case. We were convinced it would be the same as this year's around the middle of Sept 2013 if at all.

In fact on the Sept 2012 meet thread a member has a ticker counting down to around next Sept 15 labeled as his next DVC member sail.

All we can do is hope the system comes back up with our date. I have no idea how this works.

Oh, no! You have me worried! We are so excited about this cruise! DD will turn 15 on the cruise, we got the cabin we really wanted... So many things... What should we do to find out what is going on?

We are going to call this morning and see what is going on. Hopefully they'll give us an answer.

Ok -

We just spent the morning calling DCL and DVC. The cruise line stated that the cruise was "probably" sold out since it isn't showing on the website.

DVC stated that they could not get even one person to be added to our existing rsvp when doing a check themselves but after contacting the DCL were able to hypothetically add passengers onto rooms.

So we added my dad thru DVC to one rsvp and re-contacted DCL to see if we could add my mother onto a different non-dvc rsvp we also have on hold as part of our group. Both were added. The DCL took two seconds to add my mother, but the DVC had me on hold to add my father for half an hour.

Neither would confirm or deny that our cruise had changed. Everyone reconfirmed our reservations were active. The DVC rep did state that while we are still able to add passengers today, this is not a guarantee in the future and could change at any time.

I really don't know what to think. All we have is speculation. In case our cruise changes, we should consider linking our rsvps today to keep everyone intact. Otherwise I am not sure if we lose that opportunity once an announcement is made.

Coincidentally, the dvc website is scheduled to go down for rsvps tomorrow at 5:30pm thru Tues at 1:OO pm and their offices are closed as well. Our guess is they may be adding 2014 sailings.

any thoughts or suggestions???

I just text messaged my friend who works shoreside for DCL. My friend told me that they have not been given any update to this sailing in their daily updates. I told me friend the concerns and I will get updated tomorrow. Just want to point out, they normally do the Members cruise in Sept.

Ok maybe this is a dumb question, but if they usually do a DVC member only cruise in September... why not just announce it as a DVC member only cruise to begin with instead of screwing over those who booked in advance? That just makes sense doesn't it?

It could also be they can't put off dry dock for the Dream any longer. She needs to go twice every 5 years I believe. She will be over due.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter