September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Anyone pricing Southwest for our cruise? According to their website, fares thru Sept 27th are scheduled to be released on Feb 4.

We will be flying Southwest for our cruise. We will be flying out of Reno NV. That's the closest airport to us. We will be flying in the 26 or 27 staying in cape Canaveral before cruise the 4days at WDW not sure where yet. :banana::woohoo:
Cant wait till we cruise.

We will be flying SW out BWI, Pittsburgh, and Philly! Probably staying at Hyatt the night before and then heading to WDW after in a treehouse!:cool1:

Hi all, :drive:
I have just reserved our Happy Limo bus for the return trip to WDW. Please check the front page link in my signature for updated info. There are only 11 seats left on the outbound trip(my brother better decide soon).

Anyone who already signed up, but needs the return trip please let me know.

Anyone else who would like a ride either way please let me know as well.

JQ: please count us in for the return trip (8). Not sure where we will be staying yet. I am assuming price will be same? :worship:Thanks again.

Hi all, :drive:
I have just reserved our Happy Limo bus for the return trip to WDW. Please check the front page link in my signature for updated info. There are only 11 seats left on the outbound trip(my brother better decide soon).

Anyone who already signed up, but needs the return trip please let me know.

Anyone else who would like a ride either way please let me know as well.

Can you add us as well? Where we're staying is also to TBD. Thanks JQ! :goodvibes

Hello Cruise Friends:wave2: Just stopping by to say "HI". I've been getting things lined up for the April Cruise and making lists of what to pack, so haven't been here much.
We'll most likely be traveling down by the Auto Train for this cruise. Not sure if we're coming back that way or driving. Don wants to bring some seafood - especially Rock Shrimp - back with us and can't do that on a plane to easily.

With regard to the April cruise, DGS told his Momma last evening "I'm tired of waiting to go on Mickey's boat. I'm going down there and just sit on the boat and wait till it's time to go" - he doesn't get it that the ship sails all year round - it just waits to sail for HIM :rotfl:

Hi everyone,
It just hit home for me that we are scheduled for two days at Castaway Cay.

pixiedust: I can't wait. What days will we be at CC? Is it back to back days or would it be Monday and Wednesday?

JQ: please count us in for the return trip (8). Not sure where we will be staying yet. I am assuming price will be same? :worship:Thanks again.

Can you add us as well? Where we're staying is also to TBD. Thanks JQ! :goodvibes

Thank you for the prompt responses. Your seats are reserved!

FYI - I think you should hang out in the trees with us post cruise. What a BBQ that would be!

We will be flying SW out BWI, Pittsburgh, and Philly! Probably staying at Hyatt the night before and then heading to WDW after in a treehouse!:cool1:

Yep, we only fly Southwest. Thanks for the info. We will be flying out of Philadelphia.

You guys might see us, we'll be flying Southwest out of Philly also.

blossomz, it's great we'll be neighbors, we're doing a "Sea & Tree" also.

Hello Cruise Friends:wave2: Just stopping by to say "HI". I've been getting things lined up for the April Cruise and making lists of what to pack, so haven't been here much.
We'll most likely be traveling down by the Auto Train for this cruise. Not sure if we're coming back that way or driving. Don wants to bring some seafood - especially Rock Shrimp - back with us and can't do that on a plane to easily.

Kris,
I can save Don the trouble. Post cruise you can bring all the shrimp to our Treehouse Villa and I'll throw them on the grill for you(and me). They'll go nicely with the steaks i'll be cooking up! Now we just need someone to bring potato salad & dessert!

Kris,
I can save Don the trouble. Post cruise you can bring all the shrimp to our Treehouse Villa and I'll throw them on the grill for you(and me). They'll go nicely with the steaks i'll be cooking up! Now we just need someone to bring potato salad & dessert!

What time will you be making the trip back to WDW? We arerenting a car for the trip to the cruise. We are flying in a few day early to stay in Cape Canaveral and go tour the Space Center. We haven't decided what were doing after cruise we are going to spend a few days at WDW.

I'm ready for Sept. To hurry up and get here. :cool1::banana::drive:

What time will you be making the trip back to WDW? We arerenting a car for the trip to the cruise. We are flying in a few day early to stay in Cape Canaveral and go tour the Space Center. We haven't decided what were doing after cruise we are going to spend a few days at WDW.

I'm ready for Sept. To hurry up and get here. :cool1::banana::drive:

The earlier the better in my opinion. It depends on everyone's meal times. Right now the bus is scheduled for 9:30am pick up, but that can be moved up if we are able to load sooner. Let me know how you all feel.

You guys might see us, we'll be flying Southwest out of Philly also.

Johnny Quest,
Hope we get some good fares out of Philly. Several years ago, the possibility of $50 - $60 fares were so in. We haven't flown in a while. Are there still prices like them around?

Lorelai,

those fares are still around but it takes diligence and constant checking. The last time I saw them was one particular weekday in November. Southwest had a 40% off non-advertised "flash" sale crop up on their website that lasted only as long as whatever discounted seats they put in inventory were available. They had very restrictive dates of travel and required a RT to qualify. If you happened to be flexible, the savings were crazy.

Once fares are posted, I will check daily for that reason.

September isn't a peak month so hopefully we will be able to secure something reasonable.

Lorelai,

those fares are still around but it takes diligence and constant checking. The last time I saw them was one particular weekday in November. Southwest had a 40% off non-advertised "flash" sale crop up on their website that lasted only as long as whatever discounted seats they put in inventory were available. They had very restrictive dates of travel and required a RT to qualify. If you happened to be flexible, the savings were crazy.

Once fares are posted, I will check daily for that reason.

September isn't a peak month so hopefully we will be able to secure something reasonable.

Cool beans! Thanks. I will keep an eye out too and share what I find.

I am trying to decide if we should fly down Friday night or early Saturday morning. Normally, we would go down on Saturday.

When is everyone flying in?

I know if we get in late Friday night it is probably just enough time to eat and sleep but the joy of waking up in DW is so fantastic.

I can't wait for this cruise because it falls for the first time that we can participate. We have been DVC members since 2007 and have taken advantage of two free cruises and our most recent cruise was 2012 Alaska out of Seattle which was AMAZING!

I know the member cruise is very different than the other Disney cruises and wished it was for a week but 4 days will work. We will be staying at AK several days prior to the cruise.

I would love to meet up with other DVC members and make some lasting friendships.

picc_2 said:
I can't wait for this cruise because it falls for the first time that we can participate. We have been DVC members since 2007 and have taken advantage of two free cruises and our most recent cruise was 2012 Alaska out of Seattle which was AMAZING!

I know the member cruise is very different than the other Disney cruises and wished it was for a week but 4 days will work. We will be staying at AK several days prior to the cruise.

I would love to meet up with other DVC members and make some lasting friendships.

I agree. We did the 3 day members cruise and it was way to short!

I met a fast friend and favorite travel buddy on the member cruise! Never had more fun! I wish they would do a 7 day!

Welcome to the cruise picc_2. We are also staying at AKV the night before the cruise. This is our first Member Cruise also.

I will add you to the roll call and check the front page link in my signature for details. What catagory cabin were you able to get?

Cool beans! Thanks. I will keep an eye out too and share what I find.

I am trying to decide if we should fly down Friday night or early Saturday morning. Normally, we would go down on Saturday.

When is everyone flying in?

I know if we get in late Friday night it is probably just enough time to eat and sleep but the joy of waking up in DW is so fantastic.

Our original plan was to fly in Sat am. But travelling with my parents adds the need for extra time so we're considering Friday as well.

Southwest isn't making this decision any easier by only opening up fares thru Friday 9/27 this coming Monday. If they look good, we'll go ahead and reserve knowing we can always change it if something better crops up.

I have a two bdrm club level reserved at AKV for Sat night only. Friday night of course is sold out at this point and I'm kicking myself for not holding it when I had the chance. So add that to the list of challenges!

Thank you for the prompt responses. Your seats are reserved!

FYI - I think you should hang out in the trees with us post cruise. What a BBQ that would be!

:banana:I have reserved our two rooms for one night at the Pop night before cruise. And we are considering the FW Cabins for 2 nights upon return. I would love to at least come and take a quick tour of your Treehouse. I have always wanted to stay there and was considering it for this trip but there will be 10 of us upon return. We spent our Honeymoon at the FW Cabins 29 years ago, stayed there many times when our 3 girls where little, but then after having our son we didn't fit anymore (always had gma with us) so my son is excited to finally get the chance to stay there. It's been a long time and the cabins looks like they have changed quite. Plus my kids are Hoopdeedo fanatics and are thinking of taking in the show.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter