**September 2019**

Anyone know what the quietest building is around there to request?
Stay away from pools and paths to Classic Hall. Buildings 2 and 3 and 6 and 7 are the quietest buildings.

Reactions: wx1
How old are your kiddos? I have my hand trembling over the "submit" button to go in September. It's encouraging to see others who are going to go with young kids :)
We planned and booked our trip before any of the SW mess came out. I’d already promised my son we were going for his 3rd birthday, so we stuck with our dates at the end of September. We’ll be skipping HS, so hopefully that will help!

Reactions: wx1
My family is going 18th thru 22 for my bday (19th) and my soon to be 6 year old (25th). We have gone in September for 4 years now. We are staying at the wilderness lodge. We live in south florida and plan to renew our annual passes. We are going to try to rope drop HS for the toy story rides with the 6am early morning hours hopefully everyone will be at the new star wars stuff, sorry not really into star wars. My husband will most likely hang out at hotel and keep our infant with him. My older son is finally tall enough on this trip to ride space, fop, everest so looking forward to that!

My family is going 18th thru 22 for my bday (19th) and my soon to be 6 year old (25th). We have gone in September for 4 years now. We are staying at the wilderness lodge. We live in south florida and plan to renew our annual passes. We are going to try to rope drop HS for the toy story rides with the 6am early morning hours hopefully everyone will be at the new star wars stuff, sorry not really into star wars. My husband will most likely hang out at hotel and keep our infant with him. My older son is finally tall enough on this trip to ride space, fop, everest so looking forward to that!
Added to roll call! 6am rope drop at TSL is a good plan if you aren't interested in SWGE

We planned and booked our trip before any of the SW mess came out. I’d already promised my son we were going for his 3rd birthday, so we stuck with our dates at the end of September. We’ll be skipping HS, so hopefully that will help!

We are going at the end of September too. I'm hoping that maybe the immediate die hard fans will calm down by then lol. I wouldn't personally want to go to a partial opening of anything that I had waited so long for. The ride scheduled to open later in the year seems awesome and worth waiting a few more months for big fans to experience. We will probably skip HS unless we decide to try to go early and sneak on some less popular rides. It's not a big burn for us because we didn't go on much last year. We snuck onto Toy story mania twice in a row at rope drop and then that whole area was engulfed with people.

I am eagerly waiting to hear everyone’s experience that are going in early September. We go 21-27 and will gauge our HS from your reports. My 4 year olds favorite ride is SDD, so we at least have to do that.

I am eagerly waiting to hear everyone’s experience that are going in early September. We go 21-27 and will gauge our HS from your reports. My 4 year olds favorite ride is SDD, so we at least have to do that.
We're there from August 29-Sept 11. I will definitely report back. We aren't going to DHS until September 3, hoping to avoid opening day weekend insanity. I have it planned to do our 3 fast passes and if it's insane we may skip it for the rest of the trip. I am planning a rope drop morning at 6 am just to do star wars stuff. Hopefully at that time in the morning it won't be too bad. I've seen reports of MK being pretty empty during EMH at 7 during spring break so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for decent crowds that early in the morning.

We will be at AOA 9/14-9/19 along with 2 sons, 2 DILs and 1 precious granddaughter.
We are flying in and have dinner ressies for Sci Fi for 7:45, do any of you think we'll even be able to get into the park that late? I'm scared of it being at max capacity.

We are booked with fingers tightly crossed for September at Pop Century. We wanted POFQ but couldn't swing that price and standard rooms were unavailable. We've never been to Pop but have heard good things. Anyone know what the quietest building is around there to request? We busted out some dining reservations and didn't have any issue. I guess we don't like the popular places lol.
Away from pools and top floor for a little quieter

Maybe someone here can help. We’re scheduled to go in September but I am going to have to remove the last 4 days of our trip (due to daughter’s choreo dates). I will add on to the beginning of our trip. Will I be able to add on even though I booked free dining? Will I still get free dining? I’m assuming, I can’t change my dates entirely to a different week, right?

Maybe someone here can help. We’re scheduled to go in September but I am going to have to remove the last 4 days of our trip (due to daughter’s choreo dates). I will add on to the beginning of our trip. Will I be able to add on even though I booked free dining? Will I still get free dining? I’m assuming, I can’t change my dates entirely to a different week, right?
Did you call in? Hope you are able to adjust.

I think it'll only work if those earlier dates still have the free dining availability. Call asap to see.

We will be at AOA 9/14-9/19 along with 2 sons, 2 DILs and 1 precious granddaughter.
We are flying in and have dinner ressies for Sci Fi for 7:45, do any of you think we'll even be able to get into the park that late? I'm scared of it being at max capacity.

We were worried about that for our first day too. If you're staying on site and have a dining reservation you'll get is as long as it doesn't get to a Phase 4 closure.

I am so hopeful for lower crowds since there are no hotels sold out for our travel dates 🤞 Maybe the Star Wars crowds are waiting for both rides to be open.
Still 26 resorts available the week I'm there! Plus I still keep moving my dining around (for 6 guests) and am not having a lot of trouble. CRT is available for breakfast 3 days I'm there!

Still 26 resorts available the week I'm there! Plus I still keep moving my dining around (for 6 guests) and am not having a lot of trouble. CRT is available for breakfast 3 days I'm there!

Oh that makes me feel better! I have been having the worst luck with our reservations - we only got about half of what we originally wanted but I guess it's a lot harder trying to get a table for 8!

Oh that makes me feel better! I have been having the worst luck with our reservations - we only got about half of what we originally wanted but I guess it's a lot harder trying to get a table for 8!
Yeah 6 is tough so I imagine 8 is very difficult!

I am so hopeful for lower crowds since there are no hotels sold out for our travel dates 🤞 Maybe the Star Wars crowds are waiting for both rides to be open.

I think its personally overblown. It will be "worse" than years past in September but still will be manageable. If people were going to drop everything for Star Wars they would be at Disneyland this summer. If they are locals in Florida that likely will only impact weekends and more specifically HS and possibly some overflow in to Epcot for Food+Wine.

For perspective:
September 2nd to 10th (first full week of Star Wars) only 1 hotel is sold out GFV.
Jersey week/Marathon??? (first week of November): 12 of 31 hotels are sold out: Pop, Cornado, Poly, Wilderness, Contemp, Yacht, BLT, GFV, BCV, AKV, Campsites, CCV

Biggest change is if Disney starts doing discounts or free dining for September as that will create an increase in guests.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter