**September 2019**

Hey y'all it's been a while. Gosh, I am so ready for this vacation cause I feel like life has been hectic recently. I keep seeing people post articles on the lack of crowds at SWGE in DL. Are we all getting a bit hopeful over here? I know I sure am. I really think it's going to be not as intense as everyone thinks still.

Hope those fastpasses are going well too. I love seeing the travel plans and details of the trips. POST MORE OF THEM! LOL

I know I am super hopeful that it won’t be as bad as everyone has been thinking. Fast pass day for me is in like 3 weeks. I am getting antsy and honestly just want to be there now.

With so many people posting about successfully snagging the harder-to-get FPs early in their September stays, I'm also feeling more and more optimistic about anticipated crowd levels!

I also spotted a Priceline hotel opaque listing tonight for what I'm fairly certain is an AoA family suite at 42% off rack rate for my Sept. dates (9/18-25), which makes me think rooms aren't filling up as much as WDW would like.

I'm also liking all the FP reports we're getting, they're giving me hope! But I am not hopeful for low crowds to Hollywood Studios and/or SW:GE. I think it'll be terrible for there only, I feel good about crowd levels at the rest of the parks.

Also nervous about my family (in-laws and elementary-age kids) not getting up and going in time for SW:GE. I have been pounding it into their heads that 1, they need to get up by 4:15am on our 2 SW:GE mornings, and 2, even doing that, we may not even get in.

25 resorts still open during my week stay though!!! :D

Happy dancing after scheduling our FP+ this morning. Had no trouble at all getting everything we wanted at the precise times we wanted... with the exception of SDD (would have had to take an afternoon time for it, if we rode on day two of our vaca, but it was still available for afternoon/evening FP+).

I am encouraged by the ease of availability for everything else, including 7DMT, FOP, TSMM, etc. for pretty much any time of day. We had our choice of dining times/locations back when we scheduled our meals as well. SWGE will likely be crowded, but it's seeming like a typical early September in WDW otherwise based on how our planning and ressies have gone thus far. :flower:

So this morning was my FP+ booking day.... I booked nothing!! Zero fastpasses!!
This trip has turned into a solo trip and I'm just going to wing it and do everything I've always wanted to do, which is very bittersweet :upsidedow
5 Days at the Poly, I bought my AP (discounted- thank you Sam's club!!), and I'm going to book KTTK, Wild Africa Trek and a spa afternoon at the GF :)
Anyone have any other solo recommendations?

I'm also liking all the FP reports we're getting, they're giving me hope! But I am not hopeful for low crowds to Hollywood Studios and/or SW:GE. I think it'll be terrible for there only, I feel good about crowd levels at the rest of the parks.

Also nervous about my family (in-laws and elementary-age kids) not getting up and going in time for SW:GE. I have been pounding it into their heads that 1, they need to get up by 4:15am on our 2 SW:GE mornings, and 2, even doing that, we may not even get in.

25 resorts still open during my week stay though!!! :D

Yeah, the other parks are looking less crowded for sure! My sister, the travel agent, has had no problem booking people's FPs with multiple rides on SDD and 7DMT kinda thing. She was one of the people who was panicking the most when it dropped cause we specifically booked the trip to coincide with low-crowds cause she felt they were offering Free Dining then cause SW:GE wasn't due until late fall. She told me that she had the easiest time booking for Labor Day weekend for a family, and that surprised her a lot cause SW:GE plus last big holiday before kiddos go back to school.

So this morning was my FP+ booking day.... I booked nothing!! Zero fastpasses!!
This trip has turned into a solo trip and I'm just going to wing it and do everything I've always wanted to do, which is very bittersweet :upsidedow
5 Days at the Poly, I bought my AP (discounted- thank you Sam's club!!), and I'm going to book KTTK, Wild Africa Trek and a spa afternoon at the GF :)
Anyone have any other solo recommendations?

I meant to add onto my other post with this response but, alas, I got excited and hit send.

Not booking FPs is kinda freeing! You seriously could book nothing and still have an amazing time so that's pretty cool. I think I only like FP booking cause I love planning trips so I know EXACTLY what the day holds and I get excited for it. It's fun either way really.

As far as a solo trip, it might be bittersweet but CONGRATS! I go with my family (minus husband cause he isn't into Disney, but he does give me the credit card to enjoy myself LOL), but I always, always end up alone. It might be different this time, but the first trips my niece was so small and honestly, a big ole scaredycat. She would always end up having meltdowns, and that would make the rest of the family meltdown - I ain't about that life. So, I just would politely go off on my own adventures. IT WAS SO FUN THOUGH!

First time, I ended up riding a bunch of rides they didn't want to ride or the baby didn't have interest in. The Great Movie Ride, Spaceship Earth, BTRR, Haunted Mansion - seriously amazing rides they had to miss. Now, the next time we went down, my niece was a bit braver and rode Space Mountain, BTRR and Haunted Mansion! They finally got to experience all the fun things I had been talking about for years.

And holy cow, your solo adventure already sounds freaking amazing. Take me with you? :) LOL

For some reason I stopped getting notifications for this thread again? My magic bands arrived Saturday, love the castle band and glad I got it.

Catching up on the thread now.

Count me in!

September 1st-4th - Wilderness Lodge - FoxC63
Copied and pasted - thanks for keeping it easy!

So how many shirts are people packing? We will be there 10 days. We will be doing afternoon breaks probably 1/2 of those days. I'm sure I'll want fresh clothes for the evening. I really don't want to do laundry. All my shorts are wicking athletic shorts and I can easily wash them in the sink and hang to dry. I'm thinking I will take 15 shirts. I have 6 Disney shirts already and I just ordered 3 more in Etsy, 1 from Kohls, and I have a bunch of solid wicking shirts and I'll take a few of those.
Thank goodness we're flying Southwest, so we can have 4 suitcases for DH and I if necessary! LOL.
We packed 10 or so outfits for 7 days and washed mid way. Doing laundry on vacation is somehow much less annoying.

I swore up and down that I wouldn't be anywhere near WDW when SWGE opens, yet here I am with a trip for the exact weekend it opens! :rolleyes: I am definitely eating crow right now!
August 30-September 6
Where are you staying? I can add you to roll call.
We are going Sept 2-6 and staying at Caribbean Beach. This will be my 8 and 10yr old boy's first visit along with their 1yr old sister! We are totally stoked. We haven't told them yet and we can't wait to tell them!
Added to roll call, we will be there the same time :)
I think I posted my dates before, but I'll be there Sep 2-7 at ASMo, if you could add me to the roll call.
Added!
I can’t make up my mind on what park to do on our 7th day.....really I just can’t figure out which FastPasses to choose
Saturday??????
I was thinking HS but I’m wondering if with all the 6am openings if we would have already seen it enough
I really just need to figure out which fps
No one in my party seems to have any suggestions
Maybe make some afternoon FPs and leave the morning open?

I am awaiting some discount news but also kinda hoping it doesn’t come. I have the Sun and Fun discount applied but think I could save some money if Free Dining is announced for end of September. However.... after hearing of everyone’s great luck at booking fastpasses, I hope they don’t release anything until after July 27 so that I can also book really great fastpasses with ease!

:laughing: Silly me, I forgot my FP day was July 3rd!!! I did them late afternoon on the 6th and was able to get what I wanted for MNSSHP which is our only day at the parks.

This is me and my hair in the heat and humidity! :rotfl2:
View attachment 415644
So what are your FPs? We are planning on being at MK by 1:30 at the latest since we have a Jungle Skipper Canteen ADR at 2pm. I was able to get 7D, Space, and Splash. I'll have to research to see if we know of any overlays for MNSSHP this year.....dh really can't ride Space in the total black because he has to know where to lean, etc because of his neck/back so a blackout will be out of the question for us and really, Space is one and done for him. When we were at WDW with our daughter in May we had a FP for Splash but it was down part of the day....when we returned to use our FP, the FP line was soooooo long! I've never seen it so long.

FP day was today and got everything we wanted! Got FOP for 2 hours later than I was hoping to grab it but really can't complain. I will say that I went back at 8:30 am to modify something at MK and pretty much everything before 11:30 was gone but still plenty of fastpasses left after that. Still hopeful for those low crowds!

I am awaiting some discount news but also kinda hoping it doesn’t come. I have the Sun and Fun discount applied but think I could save some money if Free Dining is announced for end of September. However.... after hearing of everyone’s great luck at booking fastpasses, I hope they don’t release anything until after July 27 so that I can also book really great fastpasses with ease!

I have free dining for end of September, so nothing else will be released for that time (it was for stays beginning by September 30th). When did you book your trip? It was released crazy early this year, on January 2nd - that's the day I booked my trip.

How many days into the trip was this for?

For AK? For AK, it was +6 but I went back yesterday and was able to move it hours earlier due to a scheduling change. I still had plenty to choose from yesterday mid-morning.

Today was our fast pass day. We got everything we wanted and, for the most part, at the times we wanted. The only issue was that we originally intended to go to AK on arrival day (9/7). However, the distribution for FOP fast passes was done. I ended up switching park days and was able to get FOP with full availability on day 5 (but I didn't check days 2-4). We also had no trouble getting 7DMT for day 2 or FEA for day 3. We didn't try for SDD because my daughter wants to ride ToT more than any other ride at Disney, so I used our Tier 1 fast pass for that. I did have some issues with the site glitching, so I switched back and forth between Chrome and IE.

So what are your FPs? We are planning on being at MK by 1:30 at the latest since we have a Jungle Skipper Canteen ADR at 2pm. I was able to get 7D, Space, and Splash. I'll have to research to see if we know of any overlays for MNSSHP this year.....dh really can't ride Space in the total black because he has to know where to lean, etc because of his neck/back so a blackout will be out of the question for us and really, Space is one and done for him. When we were at WDW with our daughter in May we had a FP for Splash but it was down part of the day....when we returned to use our FP, the FP line was soooooo long! I've never seen it so long.

I need to correct my post as we have two MNSSHP but I was only able to make FP's for one of them Sept. 2.

Aug 30th Party - Fantasyland & Tomorrowland - FP day July 31

Sept 2 Party - Liberty Square, Frontierland & Adventureland
3:45 Liberty Tree Tavern
Pirates 3:10-4:10
Big Thunder 4:15-5:15
Haunted Mansion 5:25-6pm
Plaza Dessert Party

Agree, K & J are not fans of Space or Splash. K cannot ride Astro or Tea Cups due to extreme vertigo. J doesn't like 7D and Barnstormer. The way it's going with my men folk, I think Aug 30th we'll be doing more M&G's or playing SotMK. :rolleyes: For me I want to RIDE!!!!

Hello, new to this thread.

We are going September 7-14, staying at All Star Music Family Suite.

Today was my FP day. I got every ride I wanted and there is still availability for all rides on all days pretty much. The timing wasn't the best on our 60+1 day, so I ended up dropping the late afternoon SDMT for a morning BTMRR, but there were plenty available that day just afternoon and evening. Our SDD is a few hours later than I would prefer too, but can still book for late afternoon evening. We are a reasonably large party of 6 too. I am guessing if we were a smaller party I may have been able to get the morning times for those. We have 2 morning 7DMT for later in our trip and 1 morning FOP and early afternoon FOP as well. I have not seen such great availability on any of my past trips.

There probably won't be a variety of discounts announced for the fall due to the opening of SWGE. Disney won't need any discounts as they expect crowds will be enormous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter