**September 2019**

One week out for us! Going to be hard to focus next week at work.

It is already so hard to focus and I have a job that is pretty easy going lol. Also do you know if it’s rule breaking to throw out your social media links on the bords? I definitely will be livestreaming the new few weeks and doing IG stories.

Ok help please! We've done online check in. Our flight gets in around 9am and we're taking DME to CBR, planning on getting a quick lunch and then heading to DHS.

Do we still need to wait at the front desk since check in isn't until 3pm? We have the dining plan so does it not start working until after 3pm? Are there any benefits to actually going to the front desk?

Ok help please! We've done online check in. Our flight gets in around 9am and we're taking DME to CBR, planning on getting a quick lunch and then heading to DHS.

Do we still need to wait at the front desk since check in isn't until 3pm? We have the dining plan so does it not start working until after 3pm? Are there any benefits to actually going to the front desk?
Your room may be ready well before 3pm - we got our room assignment text while still on the ME last trip (around 9:30am).

You’ll want to stop at the desk if you want to opt out of housekeeping or get celebratory pins. If you have luggage with you, you’ll at least need to stop at bell services.

Your dining plan will work before 3pm, it starts that morning.

Hey my September bbs. I’d figure I’d ask you guys first.

Anyone want a Storybook Oct 1 @ 5:55pm for 8? Also have a BOG Sept 25 @ 7:50am for 3?

Message me for coordinating

All gone!

Last edited:
I’m sitting in MCO about to fly back home. With 6 park days we saw a total of 1 10 minute rain storm. Beyond that it was hot and sunny the first half of the week and hot and partly cloudy the second half. Nothing unbearable though. Of course I used to live in Arizona so maybe I have a different tolerance than many.

The longest wait we had by far was the security check at MCO. Second longest was a tie between Navi and Frozen Ever After at 45 minutes. Those were because we did not make those rides a priority. We had an hour to kill before an FoP FP so we decided to just spend it waiting on Navi and then we did FEA during evening EMH with the rest of epcot because we didn’t do any Epcot FP at 60 days out.

Everything else was 15 minutes or less with most being significantly less. We did not try to ride SDD except during the EEMH or with FP but we still rode 5 times with short waits doing that (1 FP, 4 at EEMH), we rode MFSR 3 times and none of the waits were bad. The first time we waited 30 minutes, then 12 minutes, then 20 minutes. Consistently it was shorter than the posted time. That line moves!

We've been back for a week. Our trip was 8/28-9/7. Nine park days. WOW, it was amazing!! Such low crowds! We only rope dropped twice because it just wasn't necessary. Most days we rolled in at 11 or noon, and still had no issues. Looking at touringplans, actual crowd levels for every day of our trip was 1s across the board!

Both on our flight to MCO and from MCO, there were only around 40 people on the flights! On our flight down they actually announced they may have to re-distribute people in order to keep the plane properly balanced.

We had free QSDP and never waited to order for more than a minute or two. Once again Satuli Canteen was a clear favorite! SO GOOD.

We were at POP and the bus service was great! Waited 19 minutes once, but otherwise it was typically just a minute or 2. Only had to stand on a bus once.

DH wanted to go to HS on our first park day (29th) to see the mayhem around SWGE, but we didn't think we'd actually get in to the land. We got into the land around 3 PM. It was not crowded in there. We couldn't believe it! From that time on, they didn't have to do "boarding parties" again during our whole trip.

We did DAH MK on our first night, the 29th and it was awesome! BTMR 5 times in a row, no wait, trains not even full. 5 times in a row 7DMT, no wait but trains were full. They had the cut-through open that they use during EMM, so it took like 15 minutes to ride 5 times! Lovely atmosphere, would definitely do it again!

We did MNSSHP Labor Day and also Friday the 6th. The Labor Day party was amazing! Got curb seats for the 9:15 parade at 9:20! Very low crowds and just a great time! Only disappointment was they didn't do any fireworks due to high winds (which really it wasn't high winds, but they had to make a call in advance.)

Did Epcot Friday the 30th. So the first Friday of Food and Wine. Plan was to leave if it got too busy. It did not get even close to too busy. We stayed through Illuminations. We watched from Japan (our favorite spot). We were at the fence and nobody at all was behind us.

We hardly did any of those attractions that we usually do when it is really busy and we can't get a good FP. We were having too much fun doing the top-tier attractions! Rode FoP 5 times and MFSR 5 times. Could easily have done more, but I'll admit the FoP pre-shows annoy me and even if you walk right on it's a solid 1/2 hour time commitment to ride. Didn't feel like doing it more. We got about 12 rides in on BTMRR and 7DMT as well. Maybe 8 on ToT. Easily could have done more (it was a walkon one of the days we were there, and on other days it was not hard to get a ToT 4th+ FP) but we were happy with that many rides.

We just marveled at the lack of crowds every day we were there! Amazing!

We just marveled at the lack of crowds every day we were there! Amazing!

Same! We were there 9/2-9/8, and it was my friend's first trip to Disney and I had to keep telling her "it will never be like this again, please don't expect crowds this low every trip" lol! We did all the big ticket rides multiple times each day (we're talking SDD 5x in one day, Splash & Space Mountain 8x in one day, RNRC 8x in one day, etc.) and I got the best seats I've ever had for IllumiNations, Fantasmic, Boo to You, and Not So Spooky Spectacular. The only issue we had with lines was FOP on Saturday. We had a FP, but it still took us almost 40 minutes to get all the way through the pre-show to the ride because the line just wasn't moving. I think they said they were having some sort of mechanical issue.

A couple factors I think were at play here...

1) Obviously Dorian scared a lot of people away. The days immediately surrounding the hurricane were the emptiest, despite the fact that the worst weather we experienced was a light on and off drizzle.

2) Going to MK on a party day is the best! MNSSHP was way oversold and the entire park was basically a parking lot during the party itself, but before party guests were allowed in everything was a walk-on. We actually got to ride Splash Mountain 3 times in a row in the same log, because there was no one else in line waiting to ride it so they just let us keep going!

3) Galaxy's Edge was the best thing that could have happened for crowds at DHS, at least for us because we didn't go there at all. At rope drop, everyone marched straight to Galaxy's Edge and 6 other people went with us to Toy Story Land to do all of those rides a bunch of times in a row. Every ride except Smuggler's Run was a walk-on that day (Sep 4), though after the initial rush to Smuggler's Run the longest wait I ever saw for it was 45 minutes. At 9:30 or so the line was only 25 minutes (park opened at 6am). It was a low crowd day overall, but of the crowds that were there it was nearly all concentrated in SWGE. I walked around Galaxy's Edge later in the day, and it definitely wasn't crowded at all, so as far as I'm concerned all my panicking about SWGE bringing overwhelming crowds to the park over my trip dates was for nothing!

We got back yesterday after a fabulous week. It was hot, but crowds were low (they picked up on Friday), and we had a great time. We got so much done in 4 days that we decided on our 5th day to do all four parks. It was so much fun! We walked 11 miles that day, and did so many things. Best Disney day ever.

I'll catch up on the thread later, just had to check in.

We loved GE... get there early for rope drop and you're good. The kids loved blue milk but not the green. Ha! The EEMH were awesome the entire week. Definitely worth getting up early for!

10 days! Get to do the single digit dance tomorrow!!! Looks like wait times picked up some this weekend. Galaxys edge didn’t look too bad (think the longest I saw was 70 minutes) but I think I saw FoP hit 140 or so.

Right now I am trying not to fret over the weather. National hurricane center has a disturbance in the Atlantic that has an 80% chance of formation in 5 days. What sources for weather did y’all stay up to date on earlier this month? I feel like I saw quite a few but don’t have time to sort through the many hurricane Dorian threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!