*September 2019 Check-In*

I just got an email from Disney saying the 15% off on select rooms at Disneyland hotel has been extended to September 26th, Sun-Thurs nights. We have three rooms booked Wed-Sunday, so it only applies to us for two nights. But I called and got right on with a CM, and had it adjusted; saved a goodly chunk of change. I feel better about booking there, now. When I booked the prices weren't so bad as they are now anyway.

Can I ask - did you already have your reservation booked and deposit paid? And then they added your discount??

My TA tried when it first came out, and because the fine print said "on new bookings only" I'd have had to cancel my current reservation and rebook a new one. But there were no DLH Standard rooms left, so it would have ended up costing me $400 more. So we didn't bother with the discount......

Can I ask - did you already have your reservation booked and deposit paid? And then they added your discount??

My TA tried when it first came out, and because the fine print said "on new bookings only" I'd have had to cancel my current reservation and rebook a new one. But there were no DLH Standard rooms left, so it would have ended up costing me $400 more. So we didn't bother with the discount......
Yes, I made the original reservations.... I think it was March? And I paid the first night for each room.
When I called, she just looked up my booking with the confirm number. She made the adjustment on each of the three rooms, which are linked but separate bookings. Then she sent me the new reset confirmation, and the confirmation number on each one was still the same.

Yes, I made the original reservations.... I think it was March? And I paid the first night for each room.
When I called, she just looked up my booking with the confirm number. She made the adjustment on each of the three rooms, which are linked but separate bookings. Then she sent me the new reset confirmation, and the confirmation number on each one was still the same.

Interesting. My TA was told no problem, until there were no Standard rooms available and then they just couldn't add it to my current booking.....

Interesting. My TA was told no problem, until there were no Standard rooms available and then they just couldn't add it to my current booking.....
My TA told me the same thing - because the rooms we had reserved were already sold out for the dates we would be there, the discount wouldn't apply unless we cancelled the reservation completely which then meant we would risk not having the dates when booking again. It wasn't a risk I thought was worth taking.

Ladies and gentlemen, DH just texted to inform me that we are IN for Club 33 on my birthday!!!! :cheer2:

The bigwigs at his work looked into it, and apparently nobody is needing the corporate membership to do any schmoozing of clients that day. DH is a well-respected senior manager, but not an executive. His boss's boss was happy to look into it for him.

So our party of 6 has a 1:45 lunch reserved! Beyond excited!

Ladies and gentlemen, DH just texted to inform me that we are IN for Club 33 on my birthday!!!! :cheer2:

The bigwigs at his work looked into it, and apparently nobody is needing the corporate membership to do any schmoozing of clients that day. DH is a well-respected senior manager, but not an executive. His boss's boss was happy to look into it for him.

That's awesome!

What a great post to read! Wishing you the best time. I can't wait to read your post all about your experience at Club 33 on your birthday!

Looking forward to a stay Sept 7-10 to use up the last days of my annual pass. Travelling solo (except for one day with my Disneyland buddy / friend since high school). Other solo or family or LGBT family travelers, feel free to let me know if you'd like a "grown person" ride or meal partner!

Looking forward to a stay Sept 7-10 to use up the last days of my annual pass. Travelling solo (except for one day with my Disneyland buddy / friend since high school). Other solo or family or LGBT family travelers, feel free to let me know if you'd like a "grown person" ride or meal partner!
I'll add you to the list on the first page! Do you mind saying where you're staying?

Sorry we'll miss you (11th-15th); my 17-y.o. DD is on the LGBTQIA+continuum and we are always happy to meet adults who can relate to her continuing journey of self-discovery.

any idea how busy it'll be during the oogie boogie bash on the disneyland side?

trying to figure out dinner reservations for the tuesday and thursday >.>

any idea how busy it'll be during the oogie boogie bash on the disneyland side?

trying to figure out dinner reservations for the tuesday and thursday >.>

Probably pretty packed after 6:00 when everyone who doesn’t have an event ticket has to leave DCA. I would also expect DTD to be crowded

I keep watching the calendar to see if they're going to do ANY fireworks at all in September. It's not looking good....

Also, is anybody else obsessive about checking weather calendars? I'm on Weather Underground daily now, scanning the 10-day forecast, even though our trip is 3 weeks out. I think things like, "Hmmm, it's trending down... maybe that will continue, and we won't have scorching temps for our trip! I hope!"

I keep watching the calendar to see if they're going to do ANY fireworks at all in September. It's not looking good....

Also, is anybody else obsessive about checking weather calendars? I'm on Weather Underground daily now, scanning the 10-day forecast, even though our trip is 3 weeks out. I think things like, "Hmmm, it's trending down... maybe that will continue, and we won't have scorching temps for our trip! I hope!"
Oh, definitely checking the weather! And I'm so excited with it trending down. I'm less then 2 weeks out and so far, its predicted to be in the low-80's. Only the first 2 days of our trip are showing up in the 10-day forecast, but I'll take it! We were there in a horrific heat wave in October 2015 and were miserable so I'm very much looking forward to this weather.

I haven't started looking at weather yet, but I've been tempted. We're 30 days out today so not showing on any current weather forecasts, though AccuWeather does have a one month predictor. As much as I want to read that as gospel I know better. Man it would be nice for planning though!

I'm also watching for fireworks. Really hoping for some on Friday the 27th for kiddo's birthday. If none I will get fast passes for WOC and we'll attempt the splash zone for the first time.

Have a conference September 25-27 at the convention center Marriott. A little further walk than I am used to but I will still make it in the evenings and then probably a full day on 28th with my DD.

My boyfriend and I are staying at the castle inn suites from Sept 17 to the 20th. I have a halloween party ticket for the 19th. Hoping infi comes out about the fireworks soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter