September 2015 Car Rental Watch

Has anyone rented from Fox Car Rental? They have a really good deal, Sept 17-23, $200 and change for a Jeep Patriot, thru Sam's Club. That price includes all tax, insurance, roadside service and a 2nd driver. I know you have to take a shuttle to get to them, but I asked my DH and he doesn't mind. We won't be going to parks on the 17th anyway, just hanging out, so no rush. And the same on the 23rd, so no rush there either. I just have never heard of them.

No experience with Fox, but there's a good chance you'll find a better rate at an on-airport agency as the trip gets close. Absolutely keep that reservation for now, but keep looking as your trip gets closer.

Last September, got a rental car with Alamo for 75.00 a week for a standard car! I hoping to get the same for this September!!

Only need car rental from MCO 9/4-9/8 so the vroom coupons do not apply. $236 for 5 days is too high. It's cheaper to rent longer bc can use the coupon.

The rates should def. go down closer to the date. We looked at rates last Sept. to get a budget idea for our trip this Sept. and you could get a Minivan for a week at $165.

watching for our September trip. Haven't decided if we will rent for the entire time or partial. Going on the cruise, then park. If cheap enough we will rent the entire time, or just do a partial rental. Crunching the numbers now.

Just scored a big time discount on our SWA flight tickets in sept., so thought I better check car rental rates.

WHEW -- Up there !!! My usual discounts -- including the super-special, super secret National car rental rate I usually use is scoring nothing -- NOTHING -- but high prices.

I figure I will try the DisBoard Hertz CDP.

You know, that thing just scored me a $99 ($120-30-ish with tax/license/etal) one week rental on a full-size car. I debated taking the mid-size SUV at $106...but went with the full-size. The next closest anyone comes is Alamo at $145.

I did check carrentalsavers, as well as the dollar/thrifty "city specials" also, but nothing but $$$$.

I may do better in a month or two, but I can certainly live with the current Hertz price....so y'all may want to check it.

Last edited:
I'm still getting over $300 for the week in Sept (19-27), Ranger111, how did you get such a great deal? I tried using the Disboards code, but were you using something else in addition?

Using nothing special....maybe it's karma....making up for the $1250 I had to spend on a last-minute flight last month to visit a dying relative that usually goes for $400...:charac2:

I'm getting $300+ at Hertz for 9/6 - 9/11 using the Dis CPD. Have a midsize SUV reserved for $225 from Alamo right now, but I know I'll find something in the $150 range eventually.

I'm getting $300+ at Hertz for 9/6 - 9/11 using the Dis CPD. Have a midsize SUV reserved for $225 from Alamo right now, but I know I'll find something in the $150 range eventually.

Prices change constantly. I checked a bit ago with the DISCPD and they were crazy high again. I probably hit a momentary drop. But glad I did. Not that it was a fantastic rate, but certainly a livable one...

oh this better drop in a month or so...You are scaring me with the rates:scared1:....Last september i got mid size for 75 bucks total!!!

Just scored a big time discount on our SWA flight tickets in sept., so thought I better check car rental rates.

WHEW -- Up there !!! My usual discounts -- including the super-special, super secret National car rental rate I usually use is scoring nothing -- NOTHING -- but high prices.

I figure I will try the DisBoard Hertz CDP.

You know, that thing just scored me a $99 ($120-30-ish with tax/license/etal) one week rental on a full-size car. I debated taking the mid-size SUV at $106...but went with the full-size. The next closest anyone comes is Alamo at $145.

I did check carrentalsavers, as well as the dollar/thrifty "city specials" also, but nothing but $$$$.

I may do better in a month or two, but I can certainly live with the current Hertz price....so y'all may want to check it.
Where can I find discount codes?

September still looking bad mostly, except for HERTZ, which I got down another 10 percent from exactly a week ago.....$90 down from $99 for a full-size five-day rental. I used a different code -- the Disboard Code rate was up, but this other code I used was down. Rates are still crazy high at all the other vendors.

Only issue is that only a few car classes are discounted, the rest of them are sky-high like it always seems to be at Hertz. I can live with a full-size, but I would prefer a minivan, but not at a couple of hundred $$$ extra.

Best I have so far for the 6-11 after taxes is $140 for a midsize using the Vegas Brazil Alamo code... Not sure if I should be using that. I can also get a midsize from Budget for $200 including full damage waiver through my work.

September still looking bad mostly, except for HERTZ, which I got down another 10 percent from exactly a week ago.....$90 down from $99 for a full-size five-day rental. I used a different code -- the Disboard Code rate was up, but this other code I used was down. Rates are still crazy high at all the other vendors.

Only issue is that only a few car classes are discounted, the rest of them are sky-high like it always seems to be at Hertz. I can live with a full-size, but I would prefer a minivan, but not at a couple of hundred $$$ extra.

What code did you use? I need a 5 day rental of a full size and I can't even come close to that!

I just booked a premium through Alamo from 8/29-9/6 for $240 through the Alamo site. I used the Costco AD2338FDF and 7014627 (either Southwest or Visa I forgot). Best deal I have seen for awhile, but as always will continue checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter