September 18th Wonder 3 Night Cruise

Hi Everyone, I see my family, and at least one other person I talked to, aren't going to be the only ones on this trip.

all we can do is keep our fingers crossed, and look forward to an exciting time. At least we will have more than the same old, same old, to talk about after we return. We should be ready for an adventure !!

I have 8 people going on this trip a 5yr old, barely, a 3 yr old and then 2 teens 14 and 17 along with my parents for thier first cruise ever. (and hopefully not thier last)

Now not only am I excited, but I have the other side of my mind worrying too... Too much to have going on at once, thats for sure. It's worse then just regular vacation excitement.

Just an F.Y.I. The website for my local news (NYC) has message boards where you can ask their weatherman questions. I posted a message asking him if he thinks our cruise will be able to depart Port Canaveral on Thurs, 9/18, and go to the Bahamas Friday and Saturday. He said we will be fine both places.
If you want to check it out, its 7online.com, scroll down to weather chat with Bill Evans, on the right hand side.

This is good and encouraging news, even if he was just making a wild guess ! I'll take it.

How many kids do you have going on the cruise ?? What are there ages ?

Thanks for the info,DISFANSHAN. I am from LI and know of Bill Evans and it was nice to see what he thought.
This is my first cruise ever- so I am hoping for the best...I have had a ruff year and I am looking forward to this trip.

Hope everyone arrives safely and has a great time

Jennifer

M&Ms mum......we are travelling with my DS4. How about you?

Cuinwdw......The channel 7 weathermen are always the most accurate in this area in my opinion, so let's hope Bill doesn't let us down.
By the way, welcome to our thread!

Sooo excited less than a week to go.
Thanks for the morale lifter Disfanshan, I know your info really helped my optimisim.

This is going to be a great vacation!!!!!!!!:tongue::tongue: :tongue:

Who's with me??????????? :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ok, fellow cruisers, my weatherman is now saying he thinks "Isahell" ( I saw someone on another thread use that, its pretty funny!) will hit the Bahamas Mon into Tues, and then make landfall around the Carolinas. Now I don't want to be too optimistic, but it sounds like we might just luck out!
If for some reason this changes and our cruise is either cancelled(I don't even want to think about that) or diverted, please don't anybody try to hunt me down!!!
In the meantime, everyone hope that the forces of nature pull this storm north!!!( and east would be nice too!)
Shannon

I also saw the same info on the NOAA web site looks to be heading north.

Not so nervous now.
Here's hoping it continues on that course....it willl...it willl....it will....!!!

Hope it decreases in intensity too.

See you all in a few short days!!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

That is good news about the storm. I haven't thought about it much since we have cruised during two large tropical storms and still had wonderful times. It would be a shame to miss CC, so far that has never happened to us, but I know that no matter what, we will have a great vacation.

We leave in 2 days so I better go get some things done. Just had to check in with the board!
DJ

I will be traveling with my 2 sons and 2 nephews as well as my husband and parents. Since my husbands nephews live with us, and we couldn't all fit in one cabin, I paid for my parents to join us too !

We got a connecting room which should be nice since Dad likes to take naps, and my son Matthew (3) is not potty trained. Matthew can go sleep with Papa.

My other son, Michael Just turned 5 on 8-28 so he's realy more like 4 at this time. The nephews are 17 and 14 so I know where they will be !

I am getting so excited, and my parents have never been away like this before. They always just go "home" to Massachusettes on vacation so it's going to be a special treat for them too !

Kelly

My son just turned 4 on 8/28!!!!! Are you going to put your sons into the kids club? I am going to try to put mine in, but I don't think he is going to be too keen on being separated from us!!! I'm hoping once he sees the club he will want to go!

Also, I have a question for any experienced DCL-ers out there.
How dressy is Tritons? I've seen so many different opinons! Can my husband get away with slacks and a short sleeved button down shirt, or does he absoluteley have to wear a tie? I don't want to offend anyone. And as far as Animators Palate and Parrot Cay, can my DS4 get away w/jeans and a golf-type shirt? They would be nice jeans, like Gap or Tommy Hilfiger, not his play jeans. Can I wear Capri pants to AP and PC? Will I need a sweater in the restaurants?
I know, that was more than "a question". Now that we're so close, I am thinking of a million questions a day!!

Thanks for your help!

There is always a lot of debate on dressing for dinner. The 3/4 night cruises are a little more casual since there are no formal nights.

Now, let me say, I have never seen anyone turned away, and there is always someone who shows who isn't dressed according to the dress recommendations.

I would say that if you don't want to 'stand out' as the one who isn't dressed properly, but you don't want to have to dress up, just avoid three things: T-shirts or Jeans and Shorts.

If men wear slacks and a shirt or even a nice polo shirt, no one will give them a second look. Nice capris for women will probably be OK (although, for Tritons I would suggest going for slacks instead if you can, that one is a bit more dressy).

Hope that helps. Remember, they are not going to turn you away (unless you show up in a swimsuit, then they might---never saw anyone try that one yet). Dress however you want and enjoy yourself.

DJ

But from what I read in my Passporter for the 3-4 day cruises Tritons is not as formal for dress they recommend what they call nice resort dress.....I took that to mean Short sleeve button down dress shirt and nice pants would be appropiate.
I think longsleeve dress shirt and tie would be too dressie.
They also said for AP and PC nice polo shirts and pants were ok.

But like I said this is our first cruise so if I'm wrong someone let me know. Don't want to be underdressed or over dressed.

Oh, about the sweater. I think it gets cold in the Walt Disney Theater, and I like to have a sweater for when we go to the shows. It wouldn't hurt to take on along if you have room in your suitcase.

Also, as far as the 'dress pants' thing. Just have DH take one pair and have him wear a different shirt each night. We like later dinner, so we go to the shows casual, then we run to our room and change for dinner, and then we go and change again after dinner (we are not 'dress up' type of people either).

DJ

Thanks for the info,
On another thread it was reported there was a couple allowed to dine at Palo: him in swimsuit and her in swimsuit with coverup.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Guess it takes all kinds

Thanks westjones and Kcatoir for the info. I think we are going to leave the dress shirt at home and bring a few nice short sleeved button downs for DH.

DisFanShan, How strange our boy's have the same birth date and they are 1 yr apart. Michael doesn't like strangers AT ALL and/or anything new. I've been talking to him repeatedly about being able to do certain things with the clubs so I think he may go for it. I've even given him the idea that if he wants to do certain things the club is the only way to do it !

Matthew turned 3 in May, but he is not potty trained, so he can't participate in the clubs. Since I am also taking my parents and my Dad likes naps...I'm hopping his and Matthew's will be at the same time ! :-).

I noticed today that the storm is looking better and better, lets just hope they are right !!! When are you headed to Fl ?

Kelly

I won't be back on this board before our cruise. We had a tragic in our family today. Our cat passed away. I really wish we didn't have this trip planned right now but there is nothing that we could do for her now that she is gone and I am hoping the trip takes my kids (and my) mind off of our lost. She was such a part of the family.

Anyway, we will be on the ship on Thursday. I am hoping my twins have a wonderful birthday on Friday. They have been crying all day over our lose.

I hope everyone has a wonderful trip too. Thanks for sharing in the build up and excitement of counting down to our trip.

DJ

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter