September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure there will be some discounts Donna. Just have to keep looking. usually they only come out a few months before, but with Disney feeling the downturn a little they could be out sooner.

We have had the dining plan on 3 trips and have now decided not to bother - we like the freedom. Lots of offsite places to eat at much better than at WDW, and also I was just so FED up!!!;)

We've had the dining plan in the past too, but came out so much better with the Tables in Wonderland card. It gave us the freedom to eat how we wanted at table service restuarants, which was really nice. $60 vs. the outrageous cost of the dining plan, I'll take the card thank you.:lmao:

Hi everyone! Sorry to have been gone so long. We moved into the new house and sold the old one (finally!) and now collapsing from all the Holidays. All is well and we are starting to get psyched for the cruise. Usually we stay a few days at WDW first, but now that dd will be in 1st grade dh thinks we shouldn't pull her out of school for more than we already are. I'm going with the flow on that one, because we may be able to fit in a trip to DL over the summer if things go right.
Thanks Jan for getting this new thread together! Please add us to the FE list. We had such a blast with it on the last cruise, it was definitely worth the effort. I will need to add a ticker - what torture! :yay: Our pic (from DL last year):
100_2261.jpg

Hi. Tht is a lovely picture. We had a few days at DL in May after our cruise and fell in love with the place.

We've had the dining plan in the past too, but came out so much better with the Tables in Wonderland card. It gave us the freedom to eat how we wanted at table service restuarants, which was really nice. $60 vs. the outrageous cost of the dining plan, I'll take the card thank you.:lmao:

Oh yes, forgot to say we got the TIW card last time. Worked well, and we also have 2 more vacations to use it on, including one with 6 other family members.

Hi. Tht is a lovely picture. We had a few days at DL in May after our cruise and fell in love with the place.

Oh yes, forgot to say we got the TIW card last time. Worked well, and we also have 2 more vacations to use it on, including one with 6 other family members.

We will have gotten two vacations out of ours when it expires at the end of the year. The nice thing was it pretty much paid for itself with dinner at the Yachtsman.

For you it will be really nice to have on that vacation with the 6 additional family members since one card is good for up to a party of 10.:thumbsup2 Lots of savings.

I have one too - so useful and this time I'll get 3 trips out of it including two visits to Victoria & Alberts! :woohoo: :worship: :cloud9:

We've tried the DDP - got it for free in October 2007 as part of of the YOMD promo. That was fab - DD and I were upgraded to concierge at the Yacht Club, received the DDP AND park passes for the duration of our stay!!! We were blown away by such treatment... :dance3: TBH we found the DDP just too much food for us and wouldn't bother again... :cool2:

I have read all the posts to this point and entered the significant data on post one......I think.......:confused3

So, please check your listing and be sure I have the appropriate and correct information there. If not, post again with corrections or additions. :thumbsup2

Jan

Hi Jan! :wave: We're actually in stateroom 8602 ... :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :flower3:

The old dining plan definately was too much food with appetizer, entree and dessert. Dec -07 we brought so much back to the room, and ended up throwing stuff out. I wish the new plan gave you your choice of EITHER app or dessert though. Don't you know, all the menues I've been looking at...the appetizers are just jumping out at me! :rotfl:

I have one too - so useful and this time I'll get 3 trips out of it including two visits to Victoria & Alberts! :woohoo: :worship: :cloud9:

We've tried the DDP - got it for free in October 2007 as part of of the YOMD promo. That was fab - DD and I were upgraded to concierge at the Yacht Club, received the DDP AND park passes for the duration of our stay!!! We were blown away by such treatment... :dance3: TBH we found the DDP just too much food for us and wouldn't bother again... :cool2:

Wow!!!! What a dream!!! I thought we were lucky to get the dream fastpasses on our trip last year toward the end of the promotion.:rotfl:

The old dining plan definately was too much food with appetizer, entree and dessert. Dec -07 we brought so much back to the room, and ended up throwing stuff out. I wish the new plan gave you your choice of EITHER app or dessert though. Don't you know, all the menues I've been looking at...the appetizers are just jumping out at me! :rotfl:

I agree it was alot of food, but at least you got your money's worth on that plan.

Picture is gone. Any idea what happened?
:confused3

Fixed! We are in room 2062 if you could please update that also. Looks like you didn't add a * next to my name either. Thanks Jan! :goodvibes

Since people are doing ages now, I put yours in, but check to make sure I did it right.

thanks for your review of Marley and me. Pretty much cinches it I will not go.

Thanks Jan for the front page. I hope I didn't discourage you too much from seeing Marley-it really was a funny movie, and I enjoyed it up until the last 10 mins or so. I was the only one who left-just a whimp I guess, but we had to put one of our dogs down several years ago, and it was horrible

BTW, for those "in the know"-----what is the tables in Wonderland deal that has been mentioned? Thanks,Vicki

Thanks Jan for the front page. I hope I didn't discourage you too much from seeing Marley-it really was a funny movie, and I enjoyed it up until the last 10 mins or so. I was the only one who left-just a whimp I guess, but we had to put one of our dogs down several years ago, and it was horrible

BTW, for those "in the know"-----what is the tables in Wonderland deal that has been mentioned? Thanks,Vicki

If you have an annual Pass, or are a Florida resident, you can purchase a discount card(Tables in Wonderland) for most table service restaurants at Disney. I think it was $60 for AP holders. You get 20% off most meals and drinks for up to 10 people. They do automatically add 18% gratuity, but as we would normally tip 20%, that is ok.

Hi everyone,
OK, I am ready to thinking about the cruise. I didn't see anyone post about the B2B cruises. How many people are doing the B2B? I read somewhere that you do have to get off the ship, and clear customs, and then you can get back on the boat in about an hour or so-is this correct? We get to keep the same cabin:yay: :yay: , so that will save a lot of trouble.
As far as info about myself: On the cruise will be me (53) and my DH (61). Someone keeps changing those numbers on me every year:confused3 :goodvibes . Our children are of the 4-legged variety..2 adorable longhaired miniature dachshunds named Katie and Allie. This is our 3rd cruise with Disney. We have main dining, and will be in cabin 7400.....Vicki

Hi Vicki, hows the arm doing:confused3 :confused3 glad to see you on here again:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

JOHN! :wave:

Miss ya...luv ya......

How's Deb? She hasn't posted in a few days and you know how we worry about each other.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

gotta run.....drive by posting......

That's the only thing I don't like about DVC is you can never take advantage of the free dining plan, but it doesn't matter for us now anyways since we got the Tables in Wonderland card.

What is Tables in Wonderland?

We have not been to WDW since 2006 so there are lots of changes.

Jan-the-inquisitive :confused3

Jan, re page one.

I noticed you have Peg (TiggersPal) under me and then again alphabetically (which is fine) but the alphabetical listing has old room number and stuff. Also for listing brother Paul, would you change it to 'fiance' Jill instead of girlfriend?

Thanks!

I put Peg on her own, and left Paul and Jill with you--OK?

THANKS!

If you have an annual Pass, or are a Florida resident, you can purchase a discount card(Tables in Wonderland) for most table service restaurants at Disney. I think it was $60 for AP holders. You get 20% off most meals and drinks for up to 10 people. They do automatically add 18% gratuity, but as we would normally tip 20%, that is ok.

$60 is correct, $80 if you're a Fl. resident I believe. One trip to Yachtman's and it practically paid for itself. There's no restrictions on what you have to eat either like on the DDP, which is really nice. So if you're not really hungry you can just have an appetizer instead of a big entree.

Not to worry. We don't go to movies much and the ones we see are Disney or Pixar's. We never owned a dog and while our son and his wife have two and we are fine with them, I do not have the connectedness to dogs that dog owners have so a dog movie would probably not do much for me.

I do not mind knowing what movies are about anyway--so, no problemo.

Everyone: check your page one entries--info in post 1 and photos in post 2 for accuracy--typos run rampant at my house--and check my self-tag--I am a post menopausal woman and my brain leaks. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) Make sure your names are included if you want them.

Jan :)

Not to worry. We don't go to movies much and the ones we see are Disney or Pixar's. We never owned a dog and while our son and his wife have two and we are fine with them, I do not have the connectedness to dogs that dog owners have so a dog movie would probably not do much for me.

I do not mind knowing what movies are about anyway--so, no problemo.

Everyone: check your page one entries--info in post 1 and photos in post 2 for accuracy--typos run rampant at my house--and check my self-tag--I am a post menopausal woman and my brain leaks. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) Make sure your names are included if you want them.

Jan :)

You can add early dining to ours, if you don't mind.:worship:

JOHN! :wave:

Miss ya...luv ya......

How's Deb? She hasn't posted in a few days and you know how we worry about each other.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

gotta run.....drive by posting......

Hi Jackie.....miss you and love you too.....I've been so very sick. I think it was a stomach flu. I caught it from Jan! hahahaha.

Jan I'm so sorry that you and your family had it during your Christmas visit and that we were not able to get together. I hope you're feeling better now. I loved the pictures of Sophia.....thanks for sharing.

Oh and thanks so much for sharing the stomach flu too.....hahaha.....I had it really bad.....migrains, head spins, nauseous, chills, weakness.....it lasted almost a week also. Glad that I'm on the mend now and starting to feel a little better. I didn't mean to go MIA intentionally.....just couldn't lift my head off the pillow without getting violently ill. It wasn't pretty.

Hi Jackie.....miss you and love you too.....I've been so very sick. I think it was a stomach flu. I caught it from Jan! hahahaha.

Jan I'm so sorry that you and your family had it during your Christmas visit and that we were not able to get together. I hope you're feeling better now. I loved the pictures of Sophia.....thanks for sharing.

Oh and thanks so much for sharing the stomach flu too.....hahaha.....I had it really bad.....migrains, head spins, nauseous, chills, weakness.....it lasted almost a week also. Glad that I'm on the mend now and starting to feel a little better. I didn't mean to go MIA intentionally.....just couldn't lift my head off the pillow without getting violently ill. It wasn't pretty.

Yuck, that sounds horrible enough for one day let alone a week. Glad you are feeling better!

Donna

:grouphug: Sorry you've been so sick Deb, but glad you're on the mend now.
Kathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter