September 12, 2009 ~ Last Call for Tortola! Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are feeling better Deb! :hug:

Well, got one piece of business settled for this trip...where our signature dining will be during the pre cruise WDW stay....CITRICOS. :woohoo: Can't wait to try it.

Oh, Kathe....remember what I PM'd you about...well the rest of the team is A-OK with that plan should I have to go to the Hyatt. :thumbsup2

Got the first vacation of the year booked today. :yay: A week in Chicago in May to play with sister Dianne, Cheri (who will be dog sitting for Ian & Sukie part of the time) and Ian & Sukie when they return from their WDW vacation. If three Tortolians gather in the same place.....does that make it a DIS MEET?

Hi Jackie.....miss you and love you too.....I've been so very sick. I think it was a stomach flu. I caught it from Jan! hahahaha.

Jan I'm so sorry that you and your family had it during your Christmas visit and that we were not able to get together. I hope you're feeling better now. I loved the pictures of Sophia.....thanks for sharing.

Oh and thanks so much for sharing the stomach flu too.....hahaha.....I had it really bad.....migrains, head spins, nauseous, chills, weakness.....it lasted almost a week also. Glad that I'm on the mend now and starting to feel a little better. I didn't mean to go MIA intentionally.....just couldn't lift my head off the pillow without getting violently ill. It wasn't pretty.

WOW--sounds like you had it worst of all. Sarah had vomiting and ~~~ (you know) so bad she was hospitalized and on IVs as she could keep nothing down. When the rest of us got it we were living in the bathroom, thank goodness we did not have the migrains and head spins! Each of us had it for 24 to 48 hours. So sorry you got it so bad.

Good to see you now. How are you doing? How is the leg?
Jan

I think I have everyone's photos on post 2 and info on post 1 in order. Please check yours and be sure I got it right. Asterisk at the beginning means you have checked in and let us know you are still on the cruise. If anyone knows for sure of people who have canceled we can delete them. I wonder if we should send PMs to those folks and invite them over or just wait for them to find us.....:confused3

I will be at the garage tomorrow getting the oil changed and having them look for an antifreeze leak as we smelled it during our trip.

Have a good day all--
Jan

hey WHERE'S CHERI?

she hasn't returned my phone call, carnflabbit!

Cheri! Cheri! Cheri!

(let's see if that invokes her)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hi neighbour (notice that's neighbour not neighbor)

Yes, where is Cheri?

Kathe

OK....I'm going to go hunt down Cheri now!

Well, I'm off to veg in front of the TV and see if Cheri gets my e-mail/voice-mail...can't find her home number...AGAIN!

:cool1:
:banana: :yay: :dance3: :wave2: :wave: :flower3:

Hi! I'm here! Cheri, age 59 (at the moment), late dining, FE, looking forward to 3 weeks with some of my favorite people!!!:hug:

We're going to be spending the week before the cruise down in WDW with a couple of broads that somehow latched onto us on the Panama cruise.

Just don't call me late to dinner!:rotfl2:

:rolleyes: :lmao: :lmao: Okay if you want to be thorns it's up to you ;) I don't know how Cheri feels, but personally, I'd rather be a gerbera daisy or perhaps a snapdragon!

Kathe

Yeah, what she said!!!:flower: :rose: :flower2: :daisy: :flower1:

OMG! Cheri was awake at 4:something AM! :scared1: Oh wait....she probably hadn't gone to bed yet. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Morning Tortolians....had a dream about us all last night, even those of you I haven't met. (Your parts were 'played' by celebrity guest stars.) We were having lots of fun at the embarkation day DIS meet and were late for muster drill....we got in big trouble...so I woke up to avoid confronting authority!:rotfl:

JOHN! :wave:

Miss ya...luv ya......

How's Deb? She hasn't posted in a few days and you know how we worry about each other.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

gotta run.....drive by posting......

Hi Jackie:yay: :yay: miss you guys too! Deb covered your answers but I had to add my 2 cents

I hope we get to spend some time just chatting this trip :hippie: :hippie:

Well, John, you know we will....because I know EXACTLY where to find you two....near the pool, BBC in hand! :thumbsup2

OK, here's a Question of the Day for everyone:

Where will you be staying the night before the cruise?

My family plan is to all stay together at the Hyatt...but I think there will be discussion later on to see if anyone else is coming early for a visit to WDW pre-cruise. Peg and Jose are thinking of staying after the cruise to see Cape Canaveral and Epcot. I'm hoping to convince them to do Epcot pre-cruise and Cape Canaveral post-cruise. Now, if anybody has DVC points to rent and I could get them into BC or Boardwalk Villas THAT would help! :lmao:
I remember Peg enjoyed our stay for one night at Animal Kingdom, even without a park visit....and Magical Express from the airport is free....and we could then do group transportation to the port with some DIS pals....limo/mini van/private bus. How am I doing on the 'persuasions'? :laughing:

Well, John, you know we will....because I know EXACTLY where to find you two....near the pool, BBC in hand! :thumbsup2

OK, here's a Question of the Day for everyone:

Where will you be staying the night before the cruise?

My family plan is to all stay together at the Hyatt...but I think there will be discussion later on to see if anyone else is coming early for a visit to WDW pre-cruise. Peg and Jose are thinking of staying after the cruise to see Cape Canaveral and Epcot. I'm hoping to convince them to do Epcot pre-cruise and Cape Canaveral post-cruise. Now, if anybody has DVC points to rent and I could get them into BC or Boardwalk Villas THAT would help! :lmao:
I remember Peg enjoyed our stay for one night at Animal Kingdom, even without a park visit....and Magical Express from the airport is free....and we could then do group transportation to the port with some DIS pals....limo/mini van/private bus. How am I doing on the 'persuasions'? :laughing:

I don't know if we're coming in early yet or not. It's so much easier, but then it's also more time to take off, hmmm...options, options, options.:confused3

We are now on the WB Transatlantic in 2010. We made the decision to cancel the Baltic and do that instead. Hard decision, but the TA is half the price for 2 more days.

Have to work out the dreaded one way airfares though.

We are now on the WB Transatlantic in 2010. We made the decision to cancel the Baltic and do that instead. Hard decision, but the TA is half the price for 2 more days.

:)
When I looked into it, the Disney airfare looked really good. The problem was no time to see Barcelona, as they have you fly in that morning. I do not think we will be able to take the cruise so I did not investigate whether they would book airfare for a day or two earlier though.

Jan :confused3:

:)
When I looked into it, the Disney airfare looked really good. The problem was no time to see Barcelona, as they have you fly in that morning. I do not think we will be able to take the cruise so I did not investigate whether they would book airfare for a day or two earlier though.

Jan :confused3:

Joe and I are booked on the WBTA also and we are flying over on Thursday with Disney got the same airfare as if we were flying over on Friday and now we will have a full day in Barcelona

Now for our other news we maybe cancelling this cruise. Our good friends really want to do an Alaskan cruise and want us to join them in July. We are going to do the Alaska cruise and are still debating whether to cancel this cruise or do both. It is a hard decision:confused3 :confused3 especially with oldest DD getting married in Dec 09:love: :love:

Joe and I are booked on the WBTA also and we are flying over on Thursday with Disney got the same airfare as if we were flying over on Friday and now we will have a full day in Barcelona

Now for our other news we maybe cancelling this cruise. Our good friends really want to do an Alaskan cruise and want us to join them in July. We are going to do the Alaska cruise and are still debating whether to cancel this cruise or do both. It is a hard decision:confused3 :confused3 especially with oldest DD getting married in Dec 09:love: :love:

That's a shame, but you know your circumstances. I hope you stay with us though.

Lots to decide--Best Wishes as you figure out what is best. We will enjoy hearing about your plans if you want to share!! ::yes::
If you cancel Tortola, let us know--you will be missed :sad2:

Jan :)

That's a shame, but you know your circumstances. I hope you stay with us though.

Lots to decide--Best Wishes as you figure out what is best. We will enjoy hearing about your plans if you want to share!! ::yes::
If you cancel Tortola, let us know--you will be missed :sad2:

Jan :)

Thank you I promise I will keep you all posted of our decision

WOOOO HOOOOOO!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Glad you are feeling better Deb! :hug:

Well, got one piece of business settled for this trip...where our signature dining will be during the pre cruise WDW stay....CITRICOS. :woohoo: Can't wait to try it.

Oh, Kathe....remember what I PM'd you about...well the rest of the team is A-OK with that plan should I have to go to the Hyatt. :thumbsup2

Got the first vacation of the year booked today. :yay: A week in Chicago in May to play with sister Dianne, Cheri (who will be dog sitting for Ian & Sukie part of the time) and Ian & Sukie when they return from their WDW vacation. If three Tortolians gather in the same place.....does that make it a DIS MEET?

I love your team :thumbsup2 We'll see what happens, lots of planning time yet ;) Three Tortolians definately mean an official dismeet! I only wish I could join in, but I'll be heading to disney world instead :) Funny you should mention trying out Citrocos. I have been considering this for my May trip. I love Jiko but have been a number of times, and I've been to CG a couple of times. I've only been to Citricos once, it was for a special Australian dinner during the Food and Wine Fest the first year I attended. It was a wonderful meal! I've always wanted to return to try out their regular menu.

:cool1:
:banana: :yay: :dance3: :wave2: :wave: :flower3:

Hi! I'm here! Cheri, age 59 (at the moment), late dining, FE, looking forward to 3 weeks with some of my favorite people!!!:hug:

Just don't call me late to dinner!:rotfl2:

Yeah, what she said!!!:flower: :rose: :flower2: :daisy: :flower1:

Hi Cheri :hug: So glad you've checked in! How are you?

Kathe

Hope you don't have to cancel, but understand if you do. What a busy year this will be for you!

Kathe

:wave: Hi Kathe!

I'm at work, but getting ready to head home. Having the same old delima...go home and cook or stop somewhere along the way....always tempting on a Friday night to go out and play!

:wave: Hi Kathe!

I'm at work, but getting ready to head home. Having the same old delima...go home and cook or stop somewhere along the way....always tempting on a Friday night to go out and play!

Hi Jackie! Going out to play definately sounds like more fun :thumbsup2 As for me...a Lean Cuisine tonight and up for work at 5:30 AM tomorrow so I'll be heading to bed soon :sad2:

Kathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter