Sept 6th Dream Cruise Review

epcotrulz

DIS Veteran
I have really enjoyed reading the other reviews and thoughts on these initial cruises so here is mine.

We had about 1,600 passengers on this cruise and that really made things quite nice. I didn’t like my one other Dream cruise in its inaugural year due to the crowds. I’ve always preferred the classic ships. Also the addition of satellite falls was a game changer IMO as I felt Quiet Cove was way too small.

Overall the service was amazing and the staff seems very much to be in their routines.

Remy dinner was amazing!! Did the tasting menu and it was very similar to the prior experience when it was the only option. Server, head waiter, etc were all on their A game.

Palo was good. I think our server (Yuri) for both brunch and dinner was just transferred from MDR. He just wasn’t quite there yet for what you expect at Palo. Also I prefer the brunch buffet and single price approach to dinner. I let them know about that on the follow up email survey I received.

I put down for a cabana wait list as soon as we got onboard and ended up getting a family beach cabana for both days. I would have preferred serenity bay, but once we saw the crowds at serenity bay the family beach was much quieter. There were lines at Serenity Bay BBQ but none at Cookies 2 by family cabanas. Overall Castaway Cay was very quiet except Serenity Bay.

I rode Aqua Duck like seven times over the four days typically with no wait … maybe five minutes once.

We really liked the piano player, violin player and trivia in the adult lounges, and I won $380 on bingo!!

Beauty and the Beast was excellent!! Watched from the balcony and liked the extra space.

The Nightmare B4 Christmas sing and scream was Ok. I was expecting more than lighting and fog effects. Didn’t do the Mousequerade party.

Really enjoyed the fireworks show! Hope they keep this as an option instead of the entire Pirates thing.

I think this about covers it…. any questions feel free to ask!

Thank you for the review.

Really hoping to be able to score a cabana for our Magic cruise in November, 2 stops in CC and nothing available right now.
Glad you got lucky and for two days!

I have really enjoyed reading the other reviews and thoughts on these initial cruises so here is mine.

We had about 1,600 passengers on this cruise and that really made things quite nice. I didn’t like my one other Dream cruise in its inaugural year due to the crowds. I’ve always preferred the classic ships. Also the addition of satellite falls was a game changer IMO as I felt Quiet Cove was way too small.

Overall the service was amazing and the staff seems very much to be in their routines.

Remy dinner was amazing!! Did the tasting menu and it was very similar to the prior experience when it was the only option. Server, head waiter, etc were all on their A game.

Palo was good. I think our server (Yuri) for both brunch and dinner was just transferred from MDR. He just wasn’t quite there yet for what you expect at Palo. Also I prefer the brunch buffet and single price approach to dinner. I let them know about that on the follow up email survey I received.

I put down for a cabana wait list as soon as we got onboard and ended up getting a family beach cabana for both days. I would have preferred serenity bay, but once we saw the crowds at serenity bay the family beach was much quieter. There were lines at Serenity Bay BBQ but none at Cookies 2 by family cabanas. Overall Castaway Cay was very quiet except Serenity Bay.

I rode Aqua Duck like seven times over the four days typically with no wait … maybe five minutes once.

We really liked the piano player, violin player and trivia in the adult lounges, and I won $380 on bingo!!

Beauty and the Beast was excellent!! Watched from the balcony and liked the extra space.

The Nightmare B4 Christmas sing and scream was Ok. I was expecting more than lighting and fog effects. Didn’t do the Mousequerade party.

Really enjoyed the fireworks show! Hope they keep this as an option instead of the entire Pirates thing.

Where did you put your name on the list for the cabana?

Thanks for the review. Who was the club host that ran trivia?
We were also on this sailing and went to Pub 687 for trivia every evening. The hosts were from the activities team and they were different almost every night. On the third night, we asked our host if they were bringing back the "adult club" hosts and he said they were not. That they had recently restructured and the club host was no longer a position and the events would continue to be run by the activities team. While we enjoyed all of the trivia we attended, we missed having a consistent host for adult events. He said the only host who is scheduled to return is Tia but it will be in a different capacity. It sounded like this was a permanent change but I hope not!

You mentioned Beauty and the Beast. Did they not do Believe like they have been doing on the other 4 night cruises?

Back in the day, there was a Pub Host who was the person who ran the activities and changed the TV channels in the pub lounge. Also kept the game pieces together and helped if you want to play anything. They got rid of that position and I don't think it has been as good as a lounge since then. That person kept everything flowing. Now it is up to the bartenders and the activities staff. This sounds like another cut in the same vein.

We were also on this sailing and went to Pub 687 for trivia every evening. The hosts were from the activities team and they were different almost every night. On the third night, we asked our host if they were bringing back the "adult club" hosts and he said they were not. That they had recently restructured and the club host was no longer a position and the events would continue to be run by the activities team. While we enjoyed all of the trivia we attended, we missed having a consistent host for adult events. He said the only host who is scheduled to return is Tia but it will be in a different capacity. It sounded like this was a permanent change but I hope not!
I also really hope this is not true. The adult club hosts (especially Chris and Jo) are some of our favorite CMs. ☹️

Great review! So happy you were able to get a cabana. I had no luck on getting Palo but maybe I'm better off trying for a cabana next time. 🤣

Do you happen to know what movies they were showing? Miss those navigators that folks would share. Answered a lot of questions with those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter