Sept 2012 car rental......

Down to $135 for Sept 28-10/6 using Costco code and American Airlines coupon for a standard(full size).

Right now I am keeping my VISA reservation at $154 because we do not have a Costco card and I am a bit nervous about using that code. Hoping by the trip a VISA or Insiders code beats it. I always use the kiosk and never have been asked to show a coupon/membership, but still makes me a tad hesitant.
are you a sams club member? I believe they usually have same prices as costco with their number. I can't dind anything on sams club site but I thought they had rental discounts also

anyone have a code for Enterprise? Or just Alamo?

these are all off of the Costco website

ID:

CSTGSU9 free upgrade, member savings

CSTMAYC 10% off 10 to 14 day rental

CSTCX8 (not sure)

I do not get how everyone else is getting good deals on cars from Alamo. The minivan has barely moved. It is still at 639.00 for the days I need.

If you have a Visa card go to Visa rewards and it will direct you to Alamo. I just got a full size car for a week in Sept at Orlando Int. for 135 taxes and all.

I do not get how everyone else is getting good deals on cars from Alamo. The minivan has barely moved. It is still at 639.00 for the days I need.

Mini vans ARE still really high everywhere.. I got one using Costco codes thru Enterprise for Sept 7-15 for about $270 a few weeks ago. Give us your dates and times and let us see if we can help :)

Have you tried National for your dates? I get ~$290 for the last week of September using the KLM code (free to join) 8572130 and the web coupon NWEBCPN027. This is a generic "we're sorry for our site being down" e coupon that anyone should be able to use. There are probably better coupons out there to use too...this one is $20 off. The rate includes Loss Damage Waiver and Insurance.

Yeah I have a booked with EZ rental, $249, but not sure if they are good?

We arrive Sept 17 at 10:30am, so guessing 11am for pickup
We leave Sept 24th @2, so drop off at noon?

We need unlimited mileage as we are going to Clearwater for a few days.

Thanks for helping.
I do have Visa, but not sure if I can use the reward thing as I'm from Canada? Costco US offered a good rate, but again I'm from Canada so couldn't sign up lol.

Unless I'm doing lots wrong since I've never rented a car before :rotfl2:

Not sure what your dates are, or how long your rental is, but I found that the rate drops significantly if you rent for two weeks instead of one. I'm looking for a two week rental in September, and my total all-in price is $488 for a minivan with Alamo using the Costco code and AA $35 off coupon. A one week rental for the second week only is over $600 with these same codes/coupons.

I'm not sure what the policy would be on reserving for two weeks and then returning a week early, but you might look into that and see if it makes sense.

Thanks for helping.
I do have Visa, but not sure if I can use the reward thing as I'm from Canada? Costco US offered a good rate, but again I'm from Canada so couldn't sign up lol.

If you do an 11 am pickup and a noon drop off, most companies will charge you for an extra day. I ran your dates with 11 am pick up and drop off with the National codes I listed above and got $290. I think you should be able to use those as a Canadian.

I have no experience with EZ, as I tend to only book the larger companies.

I am doing something way wrong, when I put those codes in I'm getting 759?
Where exactly does each code go, probably putting them in the wrong spaces

I dont want to drop it off at 11, dont want to sit at airport for 3 hours. If we drop it off later then the reservation, we'll still be charged a day?

I'm getting the same rates across the board for all rental codes...even after clearing cookies. I currently have 188 total for a standard from 9/7 at 9pm, till 9/18 at 6pm, for a standard. This is with the Costco code and BJs coupon. Many of the coupons are now gone, and the price has been the same since last week. Amount before discounts is showing 176 for everyone. Anyone able to get lower? Thanks!!

I am doing something way wrong, when I put those codes in I'm getting 759?
Where exactly does each code go, probably putting them in the wrong spaces

I dont want to drop it off at 11, dont want to sit at airport for 3 hours. If we drop it off later then the reservation, we'll still be charged a day?

a 7 day rental (weekly rate) is still usually cheaper then a 6 day so you should be okay with a noon drop off...

Got a Standard 4 door from Alamo, 9/29 to 10/6 for $126. Used Contract ID 7014136 and Coupon Code AD2359FDF. That was $77 less than National using the KLM and a $30 BJ's coupon.

Thanks for helping.

First thing to do would be to sign up for the Emerald Club (for free) using the link at mousesavers.com (http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html) After you sign up, go to make a reservation. Using the above codes, you would put the KLM code (don't foreget to sign up for it!) 8572130 in the Contract ID space. Then put the coupon code NWEBCPN027 in the coupon ID box.

Using those codes, I got a rate of $232.50 for your times & dates. That is for a mid-sized car. That includes the unlimited miles, insurances, etc. In order to use the Emerald Aisle, you have to reserve a mid-size car. When you arrive at the airport you head directly to the Emerald Aisle to select whatever car you want :) It is so much easier than dealing with some other company where you have to go to the desk and go thru the whole process of them trying to sell you their coverages, re-fueling options etc.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :)

a 7 day rental (weekly rate) is still usually cheaper then a 6 day so you should be okay with a noon drop off...

At least with National/Alamo, if you pick up Monday at 11:05 am the car must be back at 11:05 am the next Monday to get the weekly rate. I believe there is a 29 minute grace period, after that they will start charging you an hourly rate. I can't find the exact cost, but I believe it is either 1/2 or 1/3 the daily rate per hour until you get to the daily rate.

At least with National/Alamo, if you pick up Monday at 11:05 am the car must be back at 11:05 am the next Monday to get the weekly rate. I believe there is a 29 minute grace period, after that they will start charging you an hourly rate. I can't find the exact cost, but I believe it is either 1/2 or 1/3 the daily rate per hour until you get to the daily rate.

you are correct, she would be charged one week and one hour for that extra time.. my bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter