Sept. 14, 7 Day Roll Call

I heard a rumor that they are going to add some new shows on the cruises. Has anyone else heard this? I hope they have some new ones by the Sept. 14th cruise. This is our third cruise and it would be nice to see some new shows (as long as the keep Disney Dreams!!!).
Debra

I am in complete agreement. I like the Disney Magic show. We have seen it three times as well but Hercules is getting old.

I wish I could spend my birthday on the Magic each year.

My DH (both 40 something) and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary on September 17. We live in Massachusetts and both work in New Hampshire. Counting down the days until we leave!!!

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary. I hope we get to celebrate it with you.
Looks like Miss Vivian and I will be the only Southerners on this cruise. All you folks from the cold states better bring an interperter so you can understand us.
I am trying to make up a state by state list and hope to post it soon.
Where is everyone staying the night before?

Hi,

After making and cancelling at least 3 ressies at other places, we have finally decided. We will be staying at the Radisson near the port. We managed to get one of the $99 specials.
We also will be renting a car from Avis.

Do you believe its now MAY??? getting closer!!

Cheryl
:earsgirl: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester:

Here is who we are by state. I will update this list as more info and cruisers are posted.

Our prize for the couple traveling the longest distance to be with us goes to:
paulc traveling from the United Kingdom with his wife.
They will be celebrating their 25th anniversary while on the cruise
It will be their first cruise.

IN westjones – She, her husband and 9 year old twin sons will be taking their 3rd cruise. It will be their first 7 day cruise.

ILL Donna G - This family of 5 consists of Mom, Dad, a 14 year old son and twin 12 year old boys.

Mass. rgionet – Renee is traveling with her husband and twin 3 year old sons.
This is their second Magic cruise.
They are bringing the In-laws.

Mass. DeniseHop – 40 something couple celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary on 9/17. This will be their first cruise.

NH whytcrystal – She is traveling with her husband of 17 years for their first honeymoon.
They are bringing Brother in Law and Sister in Law, Pete and Doreen White.

OR – stepherella. NOTE: WE HAVE HONEYMOONERS HERE.
This is their first cruise and they have second seating for dinner.

SC ruvidu – Russ and Vivian are a mid 50s couple who will be on their 4th magic cruise, second 7 day.
We have second seating at dinner and will be staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach on Friday night.

TX Kaa Tammy – She, her husband and son may join us for this cruise. It would be her 4th and her family’s 3rd.

Wash. catt5, they are a family of 4 with two teens
This will be their first cruise and they will be staying at the Radisson on Friday night.

WI – This is catt5’s brother and family. They will total 5 with two teens and one 12 year old.

Wow we are getting quite a list going!!

Denisehop - where in Mass do you live?

Renee

We live in Salisbury, right on the New Hampshire border. We are about 3 miles from the beach.

I have noticed several charters available in Grand Caymans for snorkeling and lunch. One does Stingray Sandbar and then two other stops. Lunch is included, Would any of you be interested in one of these in lieu of a DCL excursion? I'm not looking for anything definitive, just kind of thinking out loud about it and getting some ideas.
Russ

Ruvidu,

My husband and I are looking to do some snorkeling also!! I was hoping to find a more inexpensive way than the DCL excursion so this sounds like a great idea to me!

Renee

I will go ahead and line up some prices and capacities and post them here I work weekends and am off during the week so I should be able to find out somthing this week. I just figured it would be less expensive and allow us to spend time snorkling where we wanted. It may be a let down but it's worth a shot.
I'll post the findings.
Have a great week.
Russ

David will be doing the Atlantis thing but I am interested Russ, thanks for 'taking care of us'. Also, for your cruise list, my brother-in-law's and sister-in-law's names are Pete and Doreen White.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :jester:

I will ammend the list adding their names.
I really hope this charter works out.
To what time did you set your countdown clock? Looks like you are getting there about 6 in the morning. You may have to save me a place in line.
Russ

I am flying out at 6 so as a parent of a teenage son (who isn't going on this trip) - that is when my vacation starts. Our plane arrives from Cleveland at 11:18, do you think that will be enough time to get on board before we sail?:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :jester:

I don't blame you for the time you set your clock.

It will take you about 30-40 minutes to get out of MCO and then about a 1 hour drive to port. That should put you in the terminal around 1 PM if I remember right. The doors to the ship normally open around 12:30 and the ship doesn't leave until 5PM. You should have plenty of time. We hope to be one of the first ones through the doors.
What kind of transportation are you using to the terminal from MCO?
Russ

It is actually starting to seem like time is getting close for our cruise. I am getting EXCITED! I can't wait to hear reports on the Western Cruise. I am so glad my twins (daughters) are having their birthday on the week of a Western Cruise.

OK, just 4 more months to go! And summers go so fast, it will be here in no time!!!!
DJ

Seeing the Magic coming in to Key West yesterday put the "Want To" in us real bad. We were surprised that Mallory Square was not more crowded than it was. I am still working on maybe getting a snorkel charter in Grand Cayman. Hope to have some numbers this week. If I can't get a charter I will post all of the sites I found that do the snorkle tours. We have pretty much decided against any of the Disney excursions.
I have also been checking a lot of the TA cruise sites. Seems there are a lot of rooms left on this cruise. Not crowded would be good.

Think September

Russ and Miss Vivian

I can't wait!!! Now that the 1st Western Cruise is underway I am getting so excited!!
Ruvidu,
we have pretty much decided against the DCL excursions also and will probably just make up our own to save money. I am interested in hearing what excursions Western cruisers are doing on their own and what they recommend.

Renee

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter