Sell a house recently? How did you get ready to List and decide to sell?

I'm helping my elderly sister through this right now as she is anxious to sell and relocate after the recent unexpected death of her husband. Her market is very hot right now so several realtors have advised the main thing is to get it listed asap; timing is paramount. We will be doing nothing except packing and cleaning. Not one dollar or one hour will be spent on repairs. Nothing in the house is outside code and minor maintenance issues are going to be as-is-where-is. She'll make plenty of money and anything "left on the table" isn't worth chasing, given the strain she and the rest of our family have been under.

Heather C I am also in MA and sold my dad's house about 4 months ago. The market was crazier than I have ever seen.

You are in a great position as a seller. We sold as is, much like ronandannette, and received offers immediately with most people waiving inspection. ( I received offers prior to listing too)

Most agents around me are willing to list for a reduced commission. Houses are selling so fast there is less time and work involved.

Focus on purging to make your move easier and also on possible rentals for your family. I feel bad for buyers now with the crazy competition for houses.

Best of luck!

Around here, people are buying homes without even looking at them. People around here just want a house, they dont care what it looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter