"See the Line Where the Guests Meet the Mouse? It Calls Me..." March 2017 *New Post 7/4*

The good news, is that while the day we’re about to tell you about was technically the coldest day of our trip temperature wise, the winds we experienced on previous days had gone away, so we finally got a bit of relief from the harsh weather!
Happy to hear the winds died down a bit, I can't believe how cold it had been for you!

We tried to make the best car we could and we did pretty well and ended up with a score of 219.
Wait? They score us?! :laughing: Can't tell you how many times I've been on this ride and failed to notice that... I'm the least competitive person in the world though, so that's likely why I have failed to be observant of this little detail... :confused3 :rotfl:

We ran around to take pictures at a couple more topiaries.
These pictures are amazing! :thumbsup2

I implore you to get these things together and enjoy some serious bread dipping in soup deliciousness!
Yum! I think you've really started something here...

Of course, it also includes a ridiculous amount of food and drinks!
"Ridiculous amount of food and drinks" could be the title of any number of Disney trip reports of mine... :rolleyes1

Thanks for joining us and I hope our words and pictures brought you some Disney magic, wherever you’re reading from!
Always :goodvibes

I love when there are references to past attractions!
Me too!!!

So yes, even with a dining reservation looming
Respect.

Ooooh, I'm intrigued about your secret destination!

Thursday, March 16th: An Adventure in Parkhopping Part Three

Hello everyone! We are going to wrap up this day of extreme hopping! Okay, well…we didn’t go to all four parks or anything, but we did do two parks and two resorts. This day started at EMH and it won’t end until long after the park is closed!

So where I last left off, we had spent part of our day at EPCOT, eaten our way through Flower and Garden, and then hopped to the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. When we were planning this day, we had considered going to the Contemporary as well, to indulge in their huge Seven Seas Lagoon fishbowl drink, but we decided to skip that and just head back to the parks. One thing that we really wanted to do in planning this trip was to stay in Animal Kingdom at night and try to see Rivers of Light. It debuted not too long before this trip, so there was a lot of buzz around it at that time. Now, of course, everyone is understandably much more focused on Pandora, as I’m sure we will be too on our trip in JUST ONE WEEK!

The first time we went to Animal Kingdom on this trip, we were in the park from open to close and got to get in late night rides on the Safari and EE. That meant our mission for going back to Animal Kingdom tonight was to see Rivers of Light! Right before our trip, they announced that they would be starting to do two shows a night, which helped with the overcrowding a lot.

We took the bus from the Polynesian to Animal Kingdom and arrived at the park around 6:00. We wanted to explore the area around the Tree of Life a bit, and see the animals, and the trails around there.

That is when we stumbled into an absolutely incredible and completely private photo area for the Tree of Life! As we’ve told you before, we used a 50mm lens for all of our photos this trip, so they created a really nice effect here, but we weren’t able to get the whole tree in of course.

So, HOW, were we able to get this private photo shoot? We walked to the right of the tree, saw the meet and greet area for Dug and Russell, and walked behind that area. Basically we were standing next to the queue for It’s Tough to Be a Bug, but we weren’t in the queue. I hope you are able to find this spot and get some great shots!

Also a great spot for shots of the lemurs.

After that we headed to try and get to the Gorilla Falls Trail (the renamed Pangani trail, yet some signs still say Pangani…) before they closed! We wanted to see the Gorillas but we didn’t get there until about 6:30 and they told us that the Gorillas had already gone in for the night.

We picked up a Fastpass for Expedition Everest and rode it at 7:20. We can’t get enough of this ride!

*Lamp*
Since we had eaten at Trader Sam’s at 4:30, we needed some more food to get us through the night, though it probably seems like all we did was eat! We went back to Flame Tree Barbecue, though this time we got the Pulled Pork French Fries ($6.49)!

YUM! Next time we go there, I will get these for myself for lunch! They tasted awesome! Our only complaint was the pork on top was in several large chunks instead of shredded up, so we kinda had to get our fingers in there and pull it apart in order to be able to distribute it around.

So it was about 7:45 when we were eating and we were trying to decide what we wanted to do the rest of the night. The two showtimes for Rivers of Light were 8:45 and 10:00. From where we were sitting at Flame Tree, we could see the viewing area for Rivers of Light and the seating for the show an hour away was already getting full, and they hadn’t let standby in yet, so we knew we weren’t going to make it to that show.

Well, we figured we’d go on the app and pick up a Fastpass for something to spend the time. I picked up a Dinosaur Fastpass and then kept checking to see if I could move the time up when all of a sudden a Fastpass for Rivers of Light at 9:20 (seating time for FP for the 10pm show) popped up! I grabbed it really quick and then told Scott excitedly! I realize we could’ve just gotten Rivers of Light Fastpasses to start, prior to our trip, but we all know that having a Fastpass for something that starts at park close isn’t ideal. This way, we were able to use Fastpasses at EPCOT in the morning and then still get what we wanted at AK! It was truly the best of both worlds!

We went back to the same spot from before to watch the Tree of Life Awakenings. Again, we were the only people in that area, and it felt like we were the only people in the park because we couldn’t see anyone else!

However, while this was a great private area, it wasn’t the best view of what was going on, so I would suggest joining everyone else in front of the tree for the best view.

We got in line for Dinosaur around 8:20, which turned out to be the perfect time, because I ran into a friend of mine in the gift shop afterwards!

We got in line for Rivers of Light at around 8:50. However, I had a fun encounter on the way. We weren’t sure exactly where to line up, or who was in line. Many people stand around in that area because they’re waiting for people who are on Expedition Everest. So, it was bit tricky figuring out where we should be. Of course, I decided to walk up to the nearest Cast Member and ask. Though the woman I chose to talk to was wearing a khaki jacket, a black knit hat, and gloves (AKA Cast Member winter wear) she was not actually a CM and I didn’t figure that out until about ten seconds into the conversation. We both had a good laugh. The funny thing is that Scott watched the whole thing and was just wondering why I was asking this random woman but let me go, ha!

Thought it'd be funny. It totally was.

I’m glad we got in line early for two reasons, first because the entire Fastpass seating area ended up being full, and we got awesome seats! Not all of the standby seating filled up, though some of that seating area would not make for good viewing of the show at all. The second reason I’m glad we got there early is because we got to see all of the cool preshow effects! The projections they do on the trees, were SO neat! I loved them! It was so relaxing and beautiful, especially when combined with the sound effects that went with them. Plus, a sure sign that you’re at a nighttime Disney show and that it has been a LONG day for everyone is a completely silent audience. The entire time we were waiting for the show to start, it was like a library!

Prepare for a lot of Rivers of Light photos...

Ya'll... LOOK AT THE LAAAAAMPS. I loved these boats. Loved them. Too much, actually. As Alli said, everyone in the theater was as quiet as a church mouse, and my camera shutter was not. I took maybe 1,000 pictures of this boat just to get a decent shot of the lamps. I needed it.

My thoughts on Rivers of Light: I’m SO glad we were able to watch this show, and I would’ve been bummed to miss out on it! I loved all of the different barges and boats, especially the boats holding the storytellers that were covered in gorgeous lanterns! However, there wasn’t much story to the show, which I think is the element that would’ve been necessary to make this more of a must do. If you haven’t seen it yet, it is really different from any of the other Disney shows I’ve seen. It was definitely a positive experience overall. I think the only thing that’s making me doubt whether or not I would watch it again is that Pandora at night is a more tempting offer currently!

I loved the show. The music was fun and the effects were beautiful. Overall, I'd describe the show as refreshing. Something different from the other nighttime spectaculars. I don't think I really NEED to see it again, especially with Pandora now open, but it was delightful. I think everyone should at least try to check it out.

When we were leaving, Scott really wanted to get a Rivers of Light pin, because we were so excited that we ended up being able to see the show, but the park was long closed by the time we were walking out, and we spent our whole last day at Magic Kingdom, and they didn’t have the pin there. After the trip, I told my mom that Scott had wanted the pin and I wanted the Flower and Garden Tervis Tumbler, but we didn’t end up getting either of them. She very sweetly ended up getting us those items for an Easter present, and we love them!

So to recap our day, we got to EPCOT at 8, and left Animal Kingdom far after park close (somewhere around 10:40 I think). We rode six attractions (yeah, you can tell that really wasn’t our focus this day!), watched one nighttime show, and got food and drinks TEN times, HAHAHA!

We have one more park day to tell you guys about, and we spent the entire day at the Magic Kingdom, like any good last day of a trip! Thanks for joining us and I hope that our words and pictures brought you some Disney magic, wherever you’re reading from!

Happy to hear the winds died down a bit, I can't believe how cold it had been for you!

Wait? They score us?! :laughing: Can't tell you how many times I've been on this ride and failed to notice that... I'm the least competitive person in the world though, so that's likely why I have failed to be observant of this little detail... :confused3 :rotfl:

These pictures are amazing! :thumbsup2

Yum! I think you've really started something here...

"Ridiculous amount of food and drinks" could be the title of any number of Disney trip reports of mine... :rolleyes1

Always :goodvibes

Me too!!!

Respect.

Ooooh, I'm intrigued about your secret destination!

Haha, well if you usually ride this ride with a Fastpass, it's less emphasized there. The aspect of building the best car for the best score is what makes this ride one that we don't mind riding standby for as much. At the end of the ride, you need to go scan your band in front of the huge scoring screen in order to see your score and car pop up there.

Thanks for reading!

Your ROL pictures are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the show next week & Pandora. I know the show gets mixed reviews but I think my family will really like it. My dd4 loves animals & nature (except bugs ). I know she will love the beautiful floats. I really want to see the Tree of Life at night too. I'm not sure we'll make it to Pandora at night this trip because we have fps for it in the morning.

I like hearing about all of the drinks you guys are having. The Tipsy Duck sounds so interesting. I've read so many reviews on Trader Sam's. It seems like such a fun place to hang out.

Your park hopping Day seemed so relaxing. Maybe because it was broken up in different posts. I'm not sure why but the idea of park hopping seems stressful to me. Maybe it's the added transportation? But you made it seem flawless. Maybe we'll give it a try this trip. We've never done it, even though we had park hopping passes.

Can't wait to read about your final day. Your TR has been fun to follow.

Your ROL pictures are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the show next week & Pandora. I know the show gets mixed reviews but I think my family will really like it. My dd4 loves animals & nature (except bugs ). I know she will love the beautiful floats. I really want to see the Tree of Life at night too. I'm not sure we'll make it to Pandora at night this trip because we have fps for it in the morning.

I like hearing about all of the drinks you guys are having. The Tipsy Duck sounds so interesting. I've read so many reviews on Trader Sam's. It seems like such a fun place to hang out.

Your park hopping Day seemed so relaxing. Maybe because it was broken up in different posts. I'm not sure why but the idea of park hopping seems stressful to me. Maybe it's the added transportation? But you made it seem flawless. Maybe we'll give it a try this trip. We've never done it, even though we had park hopping passes.

Can't wait to read about your final day. Your TR has been fun to follow.

Now that it doesn't require a ton of forethought and waiting to be able to see Rivers of Light, I think people will start to enjoy it a lot more and not be so hard on it. It's a good show for children because it has a lot of the impressive effects similar to Fantasmic, but it's not scary like some of the Fantasmic scenes involving the villains.

The added transportation on park hopping days can be a bit of an annoyance. Though, I think the reason we were able to keep going and going Energizer bunny style, is that we took it easy in the afternoon and mostly sat at nice restaurants eating and relaxing!

Thanks for reading!

Since we had eaten at Trader Sam’s at 4:30, we needed some more food to get us through the night, though it probably seems like all we did was eat!
That's my kind of Disney trip! :laughing:

She very sweetly ended up getting us those items for an Easter present, and we love them!
Nice! :thumbsup2 And yes, very sweet :goodvibes

We have one more park day to tell you guys about, and we spent the entire day at the Magic Kingdom, like any good last day of a trip!
Perfect timing... just about when you're finishing up this TR, you can start on your July one ;) Have a great trip, by the way!!!

At the end of the ride, you need to go scan your band in front of the huge scoring screen in order to see your score and car pop up there.
Ahhh, that's probably why I always miss this... I typically just zoom on by :laughing:

Is that in the Pirates Queue? Thanks so much for taking the time to write a trip report! I'm loving it!

After Trader Sam’s, we were walking through the hallway looking around when we noticed this framed album cover. Does the location of this photo look familiar to you? It is located somewhere in the parks! If you guess correctly, we’ll let you know!

That's my kind of Disney trip! :laughing:

Nice! :thumbsup2 And yes, very sweet :goodvibes

Perfect timing... just about when you're finishing up this TR, you can start on your July one ;) Have a great trip, by the way!!!

Ahhh, that's probably why I always miss this... I typically just zoom on by :laughing:

Thanks! It's going to be great to be back at WDW and not shivering! I'm going to try to be very thankful for the heat for the whole trip!

Is that in the Pirates Queue? Thanks so much for taking the time to write a trip report! I'm loving it!

It is!!! Wow, you're good!!! Thanks you for your kind words, it means a lot!

So, HOW, were we able to get this private photo shoot? We walked to the right of the tree, saw the meet and greet area for Dug and Russell, and walked behind that area. Basically we were standing next to the queue for It’s Tough to Be a Bug, but we weren’t in the queue. I hope you are able to find this spot and get some great shots!

Neat! We'll definitely have to try to pop in here in August!

YUM! Next time we go there, I will get these for myself for lunch! They tasted awesome! Our only complaint was the pork on top was in several large chunks instead of shredded up, so we kinda had to get our fingers in there and pull it apart in order to be able to distribute it around.

I've heard this is really good. Weird that your pork wasn't properly shredded, but otherwise looks delish.

I picked up a Dinosaur Fastpass and then kept checking to see if I could move the time up when all of a sudden a Fastpass for Rivers of Light at 9:20 (seating time for FP for the 10pm show) popped up! I grabbed it really quick and then told Scott excitedly! I realize we could’ve just gotten Rivers of Light Fastpasses to start, prior to our trip, but we all know that having a Fastpass for something that starts at park close isn’t ideal. This way, we were able to use Fastpasses at EPCOT in the morning and then still get what we wanted at AK! It was truly the best of both worlds!

How lucky! That's awesome. I hear more stories than expected of people lucking into last-minute FP, so I think it really is worth it to keep hoping and refreshing!

The funny thing is that Scott watched the whole thing and was just wondering why I was asking this random woman but let me go, ha!

Thought it'd be funny. It totally was.

This is hilarious!

My thoughts on Rivers of Light: I’m SO glad we were able to watch this show, and I would’ve been bummed to miss out on it! I loved all of the different barges and boats, especially the boats holding the storytellers that were covered in gorgeous lanterns! However, there wasn’t much story to the show, which I think is the element that would’ve been necessary to make this more of a must do. If you haven’t seen it yet, it is really different from any of the other Disney shows I’ve seen. It was definitely a positive experience overall. I think the only thing that’s making me doubt whether or not I would watch it again is that Pandora at night is a more tempting offer currently!

I loved the show. The music was fun and the effects were beautiful. Overall, I'd describe the show as refreshing. Something different from the other nighttime spectaculars. I don't think I really NEED to see it again, especially with Pandora now open, but it was delightful. I think everyone should at least try to check it out.

Thanks so much for the reviews! I'm really looking forward to seeing this show, though I don't expect it'll be a must-do for every trip or anything. The photos are lovely. :)

Neat! We'll definitely have to try to pop in here in August!

Yea it was weird. It wasn't really that hidden, but it was DESERTED. There was another family who wandered back there at one point, but they quickly exited when they realized they were CRASHING OUR PARTY.

I've heard this is really good. Weird that your pork wasn't properly shredded, but otherwise looks delish.

Yea super good. Don't forget a fork.

How lucky! That's awesome. I hear more stories than expected of people lucking into last-minute FP, so I think it really is worth it to keep hoping and refreshing!

I truly felt like I was playing a game. I thought it'd get annoying constantly checking my phone, but we really didn't check THAT often, and it wasn't a bother at all.

This is hilarious!

I was standing there thinking, "Okay so I realize this woman DOES NOT work here, but I don't think Alli does. Let us see what happens."

Thanks so much for the reviews! I'm really looking forward to seeing this show, though I don't expect it'll be a must-do for every trip or anything. The photos are lovely. :)

THANK YOU for complimenting the photos. Alli literally told me to stop taking pictures because the shutter click was pretty loud. At least some people appreciate the sacrifices I made and the dirty looks i no doubt received.

*One thing I wanted to update on from our last post: we said that the location we found by the Tree of Life wasn’t a good spot to watch the Awakenings because at that time they were only being projected on the front, though we’ve since read online that they are now projecting around the entire tree! We are going to test it out on our upcoming trip.

As I write this, we are in full Disney trip preparation mode! We have a notepad on the counter where we keep adding things we need to do and items we need to pack. Scott is working on our art project to decorate our room window, and he assigned me the task of trying to finish this trip report before we leave!

Friday, March 17th: Our Last Park Day!

Here we are, our last park day of our Spring Break trip! The park had EMH starting at 7am this day!!! We are troopers, but we just didn’t need to get to the park that early, knowing that we wanted to stay until late that night!

Our spreadsheet for the day looked like this:

Speaking of EMH, as I was just writing this, I went to check out the park hours for our upcoming trip. I was a little surprised to see that all of the parks are closing at 10pm or earlier our whole trip. When we worked at MK in 2013, the park stayed open until 11pm basically every night. I know that the hours after 10pm probably weren’t big hours for profit, so I’m sure that plays into it. Also, there wasn’t much desirable food available by that time anyway, which could get frustrating. I wonder if park hours still get extended as often as they used to when we worked there? The good news about the park hours is that they extended the Pandora only EMH at Animal Kingdom! It was only running through July 4th, but now there will be EMH from 10pm-12am in Pandora every night until August 19th. Wild!

So we had a relaxing morning and got to the bus around 8:30, and to the park at 9.

One of the things that we wanted to do this trip, but didn’t do on our first MK day was to watch the new Muppets show in Liberty Square. There are two different shows. We headed to the area right away so we waited around for a while for the 9:30 show, which was the one about the Declaration of Independence. The host of the show was in the area for some time prior to the show, and he was walking around talking to people, telling them when it was starting etc. We sat on a rock wall behind the area, because there was a stripe of sunlight that I was standing in to stay warm!

This was a really fun show. I definitely recommend it! There was a lot to see. Basically, if you enjoy the Muppets at all, this is a must do!

Next up, we headed to use our first Fastpass for the day, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, at 10:10. The mine scene is just so great; it makes me so happy!

I needed some breakfast; you know something healthy to really set a good tone for the day.

So I had some fresh fruit and yogurt, Disney Style. ;) A Dole Whip is honestly one of my favorite Disney breakfasts, and it’s a great time to get it, because the line is non-existent. It’s still weird going to the new Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip, though I think the change was much needed.

Can someone please tell Alli that a Dole Whip for breakfast is weird?

We headed to Tomorrowland next, and took a spin on the Peoplemover while we waited for our Space Mountain Fastpass time. I hope the moving walkway is fixed on our upcoming trip, it just looks so sad without it moving!

We used our Space Mountain Fastpass next, at around 11:10. Scott pointed out this cool sign to me at the beginning of the queue.

I'm almost positive I've talked about this little detail in another trip report. The "Active Earth Stations" are all references to the five other Space Mountain attractions around the globe.
MK-1 : Magic Kingdom. The first Space Mountain
TL Space Station 77 : Disneyland Space Mountain opened in 77
Discovery Landing Station-Paris : Obviously DL Paris, where they have Discoveryland instead of Tomorrowland
Ashita Base-Tokyo: "ashita" means "tomorrow" in Japanese.
HK Spaceport E-TKT: Hong Kong, and a nod to the old E-Tickets

I don’t think Scott had ever gotten anything to eat that morning, so our next stop was Casey’s Corner.

Do I need to tell you that we got corn dog nuggets and fries, or had you already guessed that? We split one order because we had plans for lunch. By the way, for what I think was the first time on this trip, Scott didn’t photograph this food. Wow…way to drop the ball…how will our readers possibly know what our corn dog nuggets and fries look like now?!

I didn't take a picture because I was so saddened by the lack of plastic cheese. The cheese MADE this meal, and without it, I was left unsatisfied. So no picture for you, corn dog nuggies.

By the way, we ended up taking our food over to the seats in front of the Plaza to eat. On our next trip we want to eat at the Plaza, we never have! After we were done eating, the Trolley show was happening right in that area.

We went to use our next Fastpass for Big Thunder at 12:20.

It’s funny how some people just DON’T understand how things work. Maybe it was everyone in the line’s first time using a Fastpass at Disney. I ALWAYS try to assume that when people are being frustrating. Like, hey, I am very lucky to have been in Disney parks hundreds of times, for many people this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Honestly, it’s probably weirder/more rare that I do understand how all of these things are operated. I always try my hardest to be very patient and helpful with people who are struggling to understand something. But what I can’t wrap my head around is when people don’t understand how things work, yet feel the need to comment or be rude about it. Due to human error, etc. YES the Fastpass line will get backed up at the touchpoints a lot, that’s just not a big deal to me, it’s a part of life. I don’t see how an adult can’t piece that together when they’re looking at a standby line versus Fastpass line. The standby line requires NO interaction at all to enter, the Fastpass line does. Knowing that, of course the standby line is going to appear emptier when you first walk up. It’s like checking in for a dining reservation at any restaurant in America, they always find you in the system first and verify your reservation, just like they’re doing when you approach the Fastpass queue (if they didn’t do this, it would be total mayhem). The other thing people do not understand is that the Fastpass queue and the standby queue are not exactly the same length in physical square footage. I realize this should be common sense and everyone reading and posting on the Disboards understands this fact, so I don’t need to explain it to you. But when we were trying to enter the Fastpass queue for BTMRR, we were just surrounded by so many people making snide comments like “ugh, is this the FASTPASS line?! The standby line is so much shorter, we should’ve just done that!” Every time I hear that I really want to say, “Ok bye, have fun with that!” Or, “Hand me $20. If you beat me out of the exit of this ride, you can have it back!”

I think I just get so annoyed by those comments because of how often you have to deal with it while working at the Jungle Cruise, where admittedly the Fastpass line does often get backed up (it’s not an omnimover aka continuously loading ride, only one boat can load at a time, expectations should be managed accordingly). When our Fastpass line got backed up out of the entrance, many guests would get so incredibly agitated so quickly. Even though, if you look just under the awning, you can SEE straight through to where the boats are loading, and if you just pay a little attention, you can see that the standby queue zig-zags through an additional large room. Often times, the back up in the Fastpass queue was caused by the extra time it takes to load the ADA boat, which has an entire lift system, so that EVERY guest is able to experience the attraction, but the process takes a few minutes, which means the entire loading process stands still for that time. But hey…the more you know!

ANYWAY…back to BTMRR, we thoroughly enjoyed our wild ride through the wilderness! It’s funny that a lot of people ask for the front on this coaster since the front cars are a lot slower than the back ones!

I really get bummed when we're placed towards the front, which I know a lot of people actually prefer. But on BTMRR, the front car is basically all the way at the bottom of the hills by the time the back car reaches the top and the coaster actually starts to speed up.

Next up, we were headed to a special lunch! We wanted to check out Geyser Point at the Wilderness Lodge, which had just opened a few days before our trip. We took the boat to the Wilderness Lodge from the Magic Kingdom.

The new Wilderness Lodge cabins were starting to look really nice. I'm sure they're basically done by now.

There weren’t any tables under the covered main pavilion of the restaurant, so we took one of the tables lined up right next to the water. They were nice and sunny, which was important with the cool temperature, so we were happy with that.

We each got a beer, which came in these cute plastic pint glasses, which I had never seen before! I know I got the Schofferhoffer Hefeweizen Grapefruit Beer, which came in a 16oz can, but I’m not sure what Scott chose.

This location is interesting because it’s a mixture of a counter service and a lounge. You can go through a typical counter service line and they’ll give you a number and bring out your food later, or you can order through a waiter at your table. That’s what we did. There are two menus, one for the lounge food (a bit more adventurous and restaurant style) and one for the counter service offerings.

We got the Cheesy Barbecue Brisket ($11), which is served with housemade chips to eat with the brisket. This was delicious!!!

We also got a Lump Crab Cake Sandwich with waffle fries ($13.99).

The food here was unique and tasted great, and they also have several special drinks. This would be a great place to visit on an arrival or non-park day. For us, it also made for a very relaxing midday break.

We walked around the area to check out everything that had been redone, and then we headed inside the lobby, which was as beautiful as ever! The merchandise here is so cute!

Then we went back to the boat to head back to the Magic Kingdom to finish off our last day!

I will hold off there for now, and hopefully finish the rest of the day tomorrow or Thursday! I hope you are all having a relaxing July 4th holiday! Thanks for reading and I hope that our words and pictures brought you some Disney magic, wherever you’re reading from!

You must be getting very excited for your next trip! When do you leave?

Can someone please tell Alli that a Dole Whip for breakfast is weird?

No way, I've gotta go with Alli on this one. I have a bad habit of indulging in giant table service breakfasts because I'm madly in love with breakfast as a meal. But if I didn't, I would think this would make the perfect breakfast.

I'm almost positive I've talked about this little detail in another trip report. The "Active Earth Stations" are all references to the five other Space Mountain attractions around the globe.
MK-1 : Magic Kingdom. The first Space Mountain
TL Space Station 77 : Disneyland Space Mountain opened in 77
Discovery Landing Station-Paris : Obviously DL Paris, where they have Discoveryland instead of Tomorrowland
Ashita Base-Tokyo: "ashita" means "tomorrow" in Japanese.
HK Spaceport E-TKT: Hong Kong, and a nod to the old E-Tickets

That's cool! I'll tell the fiance to watch out for this one when he rides!

It’s funny how some people just DON’T understand how things work. Maybe it was everyone in the line’s first time using a Fastpass at Disney. I ALWAYS try to assume that when people are being frustrating. Like, hey, I am very lucky to have been in Disney parks hundreds of times, for many people this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Honestly, it’s probably weirder/more rare that I do understand how all of these things are operated. I always try my hardest to be very patient and helpful with people who are struggling to understand something. But what I can’t wrap my head around is when people don’t understand how things work, yet feel the need to comment or be rude about it. Due to human error, etc. YES the Fastpass line will get backed up at the touchpoints a lot, that’s just not a big deal to me, it’s a part of life. I don’t see how an adult can’t piece that together when they’re looking at a standby line versus Fastpass line. The standby line requires NO interaction at all to enter, the Fastpass line does. Knowing that, of course the standby line is going to appear emptier when you first walk up. It’s like checking in for a dining reservation at any restaurant in America, they always find you in the system first and verify your reservation, just like they’re doing when you approach the Fastpass queue (if they didn’t do this, it would be total mayhem). The other thing people do not understand is that the Fastpass queue and the standby queue are not exactly the same length in physical square footage. I realize this should be common sense and everyone reading and posting on the Disboards understands this fact, so I don’t need to explain it to you. But when we were trying to enter the Fastpass queue for BTMRR, we were just surrounded by so many people making snide comments like “ugh, is this the FASTPASS line?! The standby line is so much shorter, we should’ve just done that!” Every time I hear that I really want to say, “Ok bye, have fun with that!” Or, “Hand me $20. If you beat me out of the exit of this ride, you can have it back!”

This is so frustrating. (I'm sure it's even more so since you've been the CM in this situation and know their pain.) It's just common sense that the line will back up outside the checkpoint if suddenly a large group of people arrives for FP. But probably 99% of the time it's still significantly shorter than the standby line. Jeesh.

It’s funny that a lot of people ask for the front on this coaster since the front cars are a lot slower than the back ones!

I really get bummed when we're placed towards the front, which I know a lot of people actually prefer. But on BTMRR, the front car is basically all the way at the bottom of the hills by the time the back car reaches the top and the coaster actually starts to speed up.

I actually will sometimes request closer to the front for this specific reason, but I find the front is slow and lame! By the time the train picks up any speed on the hills, the front is already going up the next hill. But as somebody with brain/neck issues, it's less rough than the back, so I don't have as many issues at the front. So it's a trade off! I would occasionally do the same with 7DMT.

We got the Cheesy Barbecue Brisket ($11), which is served with housemade chips to eat with the brisket. This was delicious!!!

We also got a Lump Crab Cake Sandwich with waffle fries ($13.99).

These both look delish.

wherever you’re reading from!

I like how you finish your post every time, I usually read from work in Canada.

ANYWAY…back to BTMRR, we thoroughly enjoyed our wild ride through the wilderness! It’s funny that a lot of people ask for the front on this coaster since the front cars are a lot slower than the back ones!

I've heard that before, but I guess it's not the right way to say it, the front cars have the same speed as the back ones at the same time, otherwise the back cars would end up inside the front ones, the train has the same speed but they are just not positioned at the same spot of the ride when the speed reach its maximum

Loving your trip report!

Thanks for reading!

You must be getting very excited for your next trip! When do you leave?

Friday! :cloud9:

No way, I've gotta go with Alli on this one. I have a bad habit of indulging in giant table service breakfasts because I'm madly in love with breakfast as a meal. But if I didn't, I would think this would make the perfect breakfast.
Thank you! I always eat really lightly for breakfast so it makes perfect sense to get a Dole Whip!

These both look delish.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Geyser Point! It was a great place for lunch.

I like how you finish your post every time, I usually read from work in Canada.

Thanks!

I've heard that before, but I guess it's not the right way to say it, the front cars have the same speed as the back ones at the same time, otherwise the back cars would end up inside the front ones, the train has the same speed but they are just not positioned at the same spot of the ride when the speed reach its maximum

Ah, that makes sense!

I needed some breakfast; you know something healthy to really set a good tone for the day.
Sounds reasonable to me!

I really want to say, “Ok bye, have fun with that!” Or, “Hand me $20. If you beat me out of the exit of this ride, you can have it back!”
Seriously! And also... let's all not forget we're at Disney... which is typically ten times better than the best day at work anyway... even in line! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter