Security changes

I go to the park once or twice per week arriving at various times. The police officers haven't been constant, and I haven't seen more than 2, even when 3 tents are open. Sometimes they have uniformed Disney security instead of police officers. Sometimes in the early afternoon they don't have either standing in the immediate area of the tents. The CMs who do the bag checks rotate with the turnstiles. They are not security and I doubt they've been trained to look for much other than alcohol or things like picnic supplies and cans of spray paint or adhesives that might damage the park. I imagine that the police are there to make people feel safe or think twice about bringing in a weapon. Or for the bag check CMs to call if a guest admits they have their gun, like an off duty officer. But I've seen guests pull out pockets knives inside the park several times. If Disney was worried about weapons they'd have metal detectors and the bag checks would be done by actual security CMs.

I was just there and yes they thoroughly searched bags. Thankfully they were still very quick, so the line did not seem to take extra time.
This Sunday was the longest we have ever had to wait for bag checks. The lines extended back to the bus drop off(South side). First time I had seen a dog at the bag check.

This Sunday was the longest we have ever had to wait for bag checks. The lines extended back to the bus drop off(South side). First time I had seen a dog at the bag check.
Holy cow! We left on Friday. Wednesday was the longest line I had seen. I did not see any dogs in the security line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter