Sea bass comparison

rere101399

DISmom
How does the Sea Bass at Rapunzel’s on the Magic compare to the Enchanted Garden Sea Bass on the Dream/Fantasy? At all similar or totally different...looks like it doesn’t come with the risotto :sad:

brentm77

Mouseketeer
I can't answer your direct question. Sometime between my first cruise on Fantasy (2014?) and the second (2019), they changed the sea bass. It used to have a sweet-chili sauce on it. This time it was a more savory sauce. I liked the old recipe much better. It went from one of my favorite dishes to one I would pass up next time.

DCLCruiseFan09

Mouseketeer
Out of the two, the Sea bass on the Dream/Fantasy is far superior of the two. The one on the Magic was more dry and if I remember the menu right, there were FAR better options on that menu. The one on the Dream/Fantasy is actually one of the main things I look forward to each time we sail!

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• rere101399

DISmom
    Out of the two, the Sea bass on the Dream/Fantasy is far superior of the two. The one on the Magic was more dry and if I remember the menu right, there were FAR better options on that menu. The one on the Dream/Fantasy is actually one of the main things I look forward to each time we sail!
    Same! We often skip the MDR but I’ll go out of my way for the Enchanted Garden sea bass. When I read the menu of the Magic I could tell it wasn’t the same and suspected not as good, boo!

Last edited:

anjuan

Mouseketeer
    My last 3 cruises were on the Wonder and Magic. They didn't have the Sea Bass with risotto. With that said they did have it in the learn to cook sessions.

DCLDVC1

DIS Veteran
    I agree. The EG Seabass is amazing.

SamFaniam

I Love Rabbit!
    I guess I will be the dissenting opinion here, because I think the Seabass at Rapunzel‘s is the best dish there is. I love the champagne vinaigrette that it comes with.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• Clojel

Mouseketeer
    Fun fact on the EG sea bass...you can get it at the other MDRs. It was my husbands favorite and he mentioned it to our server the night we were at AP and she said he could order it again there. So he did :)

DCLCruiseFan09

Mouseketeer
    Fun fact on the EG sea bass...you can get it at the other MDRs. It was my husbands favorite and he mentioned it to our server the night we were at AP and she said he could order it again there. So he did :)
    Oh absolutely! Although I usually use my "I really am craving... Could you snag me one from the other dining room" request for Creme Brulee. :P

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES