SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will sdfp work in Disneyland with magicbands from Disney world?

DL does not use magic bands. All fastpasses are same day fastpasses there. Currently they are still paper, although there is supposed to be a digital version rolling out later this year (reportedly operated by bar codes and phones instead of magic bands).

DL does not use magic bands. All fastpasses are same day fastpasses there. Currently they are still paper, although there is supposed to be a digital version rolling out later this year (reportedly operated by bar codes and phones instead of magic bands).
Will SDFP work in WDW with paper tickets from DLR?

Thank you for sharing all of this valuable information. I have my plan in place for our trip at the end of 2017 (fingers crossed that SDFP will still be working). We have 2 DVC room reservations for our family of six, so I was able to add 4 phantoms. I also have 2 magic bands from a trip last year for DH and myself, that are on a second MDE. So, we will have 6 extra MBs, very straight forward. This morning, DH found our room keys from a trip in 2013 (actually checked in on 12/30/12, for a 7 night stay), that have the mickey icon on the back. We were a family of 5 back then, but we had a split stay, so we were issued double the cards (but have only located some of them so far). I tried to link one of the cards to my second MDE, but I received "sorry we we're not able to process your request at this time...". On the front of these cards is says "DVC Room Only", in the original post it says room keys work, but since these would not link to my account, I am unsure. I don't recall if I had them linked to our tickets when we checked in. Also, since this was pre-MDE, are the keys from the first half of the stay, clones of the keys from the second half of the stay? TIA for any help.

Thank you for sharing all of this valuable information. I have my plan in place for our trip at the end of 2017 (fingers crossed that SDFP will still be working). We have 2 DVC room reservations for our family of six, so I was able to add 4 phantoms. I also have 2 magic bands from a trip last year for DH and myself, that are on a second MDE. So, we will have 6 extra MBs, very straight forward. This morning, DH found our room keys from a trip in 2013 (actually checked in on 12/30/12, for a 7 night stay), that have the mickey icon on the back. We were a family of 5 back then, but we had a split stay, so we were issued double the cards (but have only located some of them so far). I tried to link one of the cards to my second MDE, but I received "sorry we we're not able to process your request at this time...". On the front of these cards is says "DVC Room Only", in the original post it says room keys work, but since these would not link to my account, I am unsure. I don't recall if I had them linked to our tickets when we checked in. Also, since this was pre-MDE, are the keys from the first half of the stay, clones of the keys from the second half of the stay? TIA for any help.

If you look on the MagicBands and Cards page of your MDE and you don't see the cards from that 2013 stay listed (and you almost certainly won't since they are "vintage" RFID cards), then the cards are not clones of your primary profiles (as you probably already knew).

Cards don't have to be linked to an MDE to work at the kiosks (unlike MagicBands, which definitely have to be linked somewhere). It's not surprising that your cards failed to link.

Most likely, the two sets of cards are not clones of each other. You'll find out when you tap! Nice going Archaeologist DH, coming up with those cards. You are ready for your trip!

Cards don't have to be linked to an MDE to work at the kiosks (unlike MagicBands, which definitely have to be linked somewhere). It's not surprising that your cards failed to link.

Most likely, the two sets of cards are not clones of each other. You'll find out when you tap! Nice going Archaeologist DH, coming up with those cards. You are ready for your trip!
Thank you for your help. Hopefully the extra split stay card will work, but I can't be too greedy, I am happy with my second set of bands.

Ugh. So I purchased my 3 additional magic bands for use as SDFP. Trip is in a little more than 2 weeks. Yesterday a friend and his wife decided to join us. I got them all hooked up with FP+ but now I don't have any SDFP for them. I figured I would just go online and buy the cheapest MBs I could find on the Disney Store. Well the $12.99 ones I bought are no longer in stock. Just the character ones that cost more. Then you pay for shipping and suddenly it is $40!

I saw some unopened ones on Ebay that are supposed to be linkable. I can also drive to a Disney store (50 miles each way) or just suck it up and wait until we get there.

Any advice on where to get cheap MB?

Ok, I've read through the first page several times...I do not have a question, but instead am hoping for some confirmation that my plan demonstrates some basic understanding of all of your information and efforts! Thank you! (I just want to make sure I'm not messing anything up...)

I am the Disney Planner for my family of 4 (me, DH, DS and DD). I have a set of MBs from our trip April 2016.

I am currently planning a trip for just myself and my two sisters - it is a package (and we have pre-booked FPs) and my sisters are on my MDE, as are my family members.

I plan to bring the 3 MBs from last April of DH, DS, and DD, one for each of our current traveling party. I will bring them to a kiosk when I get to MK. We will enjoy the magical crumbs that we can find at the kiosk, and I will be careful not to mess up any pre-booked FPs. I will not let my sisters mess with any of this!

When we are done, we will go to Epcot where my sisters will buy me a dole whip with a rum floater to thank me for my planning efforts!

Thanks again for all of the collective wisdom on this thread...

Ugh. So I purchased my 3 additional magic bands for use as SDFP. Trip is in a little more than 2 weeks. Yesterday a friend and his wife decided to join us. I got them all hooked up with FP+ but now I don't have any SDFP for them. I figured I would just go online and buy the cheapest MBs I could find on the Disney Store. Well the $12.99 ones I bought are no longer in stock. Just the character ones that cost more. Then you pay for shipping and suddenly it is $40!

I saw some unopened ones on Ebay that are supposed to be linkable. I can also drive to a Disney store (50 miles each way) or just suck it up and wait until we get there.

Any advice on where to get cheap MB?
The Shop Disney Parks app has the solid color MB2s for $12.99.

I know Magic Bands have to be linked to a MDE in order to make SDFP.

If the magic bands have been inactivated from the MDE account they were originally linked, can they still be used to make SDFP?

Can someone please confirm that I am correct:
- I have two regular MB for my husband and myself which we will use our regular FP for.
- I have a band from my last trip for my 2 year old for which I plan to make SDFP at a kiosk (these would be extra since she doesn't need a band so we could use this band for the rides we are going to do parent rider swap with).
- For this trip, when I reserved my Disney hotel, I declined new bands for myself and my husband (I have no interest in dealing with a 2nd MDE account) but registered two different (fake) children. I got these phantom children magic bands, will activate them and link to the room, and plan to use to make SDFP as well for rides that aren't super popular for advanced FP.
Can someone confirm that this plan will work?

Can someone please confirm that I am correct:
- I have two regular MB for my husband and myself which we will use our regular FP for.
- I have a band from my last trip for my 2 year old for which I plan to make SDFP at a kiosk (these would be extra since she doesn't need a band so we could use this band for the rides we are going to do parent rider swap with).
- For this trip, when I reserved my Disney hotel, I declined new bands for myself and my husband (I have no interest in dealing with a 2nd MDE account) but registered two different (fake) children. I got these phantom children magic bands, will activate them and link to the room, and plan to use to make SDFP as well for rides that aren't super popular for advanced FP.
Can someone confirm that this plan will work?

If I'm understanding correctly, yes you will be able to use them for SDFP. BUT ONLY SDFP.

To the bolded: I am assuming you only purchased park tickets for you and you're husband. If so they will not work for "advanced FP"because there is no valid ticket media associated with your 2 year-olds band as well as the additional 2 children.

ETA: just caught something from your post. You said, "- I have a band from my last trip for my 2 year old for which I plan to make SDFP at a kiosk"
Was this MB assigned to either you or your husband on your last trip? Or was it assigned to your 2yo on your last trip? If it was either your's or your husband's band then I don't believe it will work for SDFP because it is essentially a clone of your new MBs. If it was in fact assigned to your 2yo last trip, then yes it will work for SDFP this trip. Someone will probably be along shortly to either confirm or correct my info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter