SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This summer, which of the major Tier 1 rides offer the best chance of a SDFP or a 2nd FP? Specifically - at Epcot, do I have a better chance at Soarin', TT, or FEA? At HS, RnRC or Toy Story? Any guesses on Pandora - do you think there will be any SDFP for Tier 1 at AK?

This summer, which of the major Tier 1 rides offer the best chance of a SDFP or a 2nd FP? Specifically - at Epcot, do I have a better chance at Soarin', TT, or FEA? At HS, RnRC or Toy Story? Any guesses on Pandora - do you think there will be any SDFP for Tier 1 at AK?

Such guesses are forbidden vis-a-vis SDFP. No one can forecast the entirely random. Which is what your choices will be at the precise moment you visit the kiosks.

If I use a secondary profile to purchase a MNSSHP ticket and reassign it to a phantom person on my onsite reservation to book FP 60 days out then transfer the ticket back to the secondary profile at 30 days out, will the FP be gone after the transfer? Using the hard ticket for SDFP should not trigger the use of the ticket on a non-party day, right?

Thanks in advance for confirming!

So the ticket is only good for MK entrance on the day of the party. You can't trigger anything by using it for SDFP on any day before the party.

As to the other part of your question. I'm not sure what you're asking. Prebooked FP will drop off in about 24 hours if a ticket is removed from a profile. When you reassign a ticket, any FP don't get reassigned along with it. What's your end game with this scenario?

If I use a secondary profile to purchase a MNSSHP ticket and reassign it to a phantom person on my onsite reservation to book FP 60 days out then transfer the ticket back to the secondary profile at 30 days out, will the FP be gone after the transfer? Using the hard ticket for SDFP should not trigger the use of the ticket on a non-party day, right?

Thanks in advance for confirming!

Reply in previous post!

So the ticket is only good for MK entrance on the day of the party. You can't trigger anything by using it for SDFP on any day before the party.

As to the other part of your question. I'm not sure what you're asking. Prebooked FP will drop off in about 24 hours if a ticket is removed from a profile. When you reassign a ticket, any FP don't get reassigned along with it. What's your end game with this scenario?

I just wonder whether there is any way to prebook FP 60 days out with the party ticket on a secondary profile that is not on the hotel reservation. Thanks for letting me know that prebooked FPs are connected to the profile not the ticket!

Last edited:
Are there any FP kiosks accessible for SDFP prior to park open while waiting for RD? I think I remember reading that MK's City Hall is open, but I haven't heard of any others.

So my family of 4 has fast passes all booked. I can take my friends 4 magic bands who wont be there and when the park opens I go to a kiosk and get an extra fast pass with their bands correct? When at the kiosk I have to get a fast pass separately for all 4 or will just one band be able to get it for them?? that's the confusing part

So my family of 4 has fast passes all booked. I can take my friends 4 magic bands who wont be there and when the park opens I go to a kiosk and get an extra fast pass with their bands correct? When at the kiosk I have to get a fast pass separately for all 4 or will just one band be able to get it for them?? that's the confusing part
See my pictures in post #3 on the first page of this thread. You'll have to scan all 4 bands the first time at a kiosk each day but then can make (3) selections for all 4 of them at the same time. You will need all 4 bands at each attraction as well. If you return to the kiosk after using the initial 3 FPP's and scan one band, at that point all 4 should show up on the screen. But it'll start all over the next day.

I just wonder whether there is any way to prebook FP 60 days out with the party ticket on a secondary profile that is not on the hotel reservation. Thanks for letting me know that prebooked the FPs are connected to the profile not the ticket!

Definitely! Just search for the word "umbrella" on the first post of the thread for instructions.

Hi. Thanks SO much ScrapYap for this thread!! I used this 2nd set method 2 years ago with amazing results! I read it anyways since I want all the info I can get and to be prepared. It was incredible! I see there was an update, I am assuming from reading that since my 2015 trip you have to deselect (uncheck) main profile. This is only for ppl with phantoms added to their main acct right? SDFD will be key for us since all of our fp must be made that day. (Must pick up ticket at disney and will have 1 day at most for any fp selections period :( and in June.) I have and will be using again 4 bands from a friends previous trip (in NO way associated with my MDE) and 2 or 3 bands purchased off ebay (these worked great last time as well. Only hitch would be if they have a upcoming trip planned same time frame, doubtful.) So that being the case for my extra sets I proceed same as 2 yrs ago correct? Just tap and pick? Or will it bring up a extra screen? So sorry scoured 1st post and still a lil fuzzy. Thanks for responses!!

Hi. Thanks SO much ScrapYap for this thread!! I used this 2nd set method 2 years ago with amazing results! I read it anyways since I want all the info I can get and to be prepared. It was incredible! I see there was an update, I am assuming from reading that since my 2015 trip you have to deselect (uncheck) main profile. This is only for ppl with phantoms added to their main acct right? SDFD will be key for us since all of our fp must be made that day. (Must pick up ticket at disney and will have 1 day at most for any fp selections period :( and in June.) I have and will be using again 4 bands from a friends previous trip (in NO way associated with my MDE) and 2 or 3 bands purchased off ebay (these worked great last time as well. Only hitch would be if they have a upcoming trip planned same time frame, doubtful.) So that being the case for my extra sets I proceed same as 2 yrs ago correct? Just tap and pick? Or will it bring up a extra screen? So sorry scoured 1st post and still a lil fuzzy. Thanks for responses!!

Check out Marcie's pics of kiosk screen on first page of thread for illustration!

There will still be people walking around with old-style MBs for years to come. Many of us have invested big bucks into special MagicBands (in the old style). Why would we stop using them? The new ones are larger, so there will always be people who think the old ones are more comfortable. The new ones have no new functionality, so many people will decline new MagicBands to be more eco-friendly and continue using the old ones. Some guests will be staying off-property, so will just use their old bands. Lots of reasons. This summer, it will still be 60-40 (maybe 70-30) old bands versus new bands.
Thanks! That makes me feel better. We'll be able to get new-style SDFP MBs in December.

:thanks:

I got it!! :thumbsup2

You know what, thanks to Hiro, I realized that I steered you wrong. Last year, party tickets became finicky. Unlike other park tickets, the party tickets wouldn't allow a guest (phantom or otherwise) to enjoy that 60 day umbrella. Unless the party guest (real or otherwise!) is on a resort reservation, they don't get the 60 day window. Expect to see the same in 2017, though things could change. So ... you need your party phantom on a resort reservation to book at 60 days out - at least until you reach the 30 day window. After that, the reservation could be cancelled (but the booked FP will remain), should you choose that strategy.

Last edited:
You know what, thanks to Hiro, I realized that I steered you wrong. Last year, party tickets became finicky. Unlike other park tickets, the party tickets wouldn't allow a guest (phantom or otherwise) to enjoy that 60 day umbrella. Unless the party guest (real or otherwise!) is on a resort reservation, they don't get the 60 day window. Expect to see the same in 2017, though things could change. So you need your party phantom on a resort reservation to book at 60 days out - at least until you reach the 30 day window. After that, the reservation could be cancelled (but the booked FP will remain), should you choose that strategy.

Thanks ScrapYap and Hiro! If I can't book at 60 days out, 30 days out is just as good considering all these as magical bonuses!

:disrocks:

Thanks for this great post!

Here is my situation.
We are going in May.
Reservations for 3 people on my MDE.
Myself, hubs, 21 yo daughter.
We have 2 rooms. One is club level and shows all 3 of us staying in the room. But, we also booked a standard room for our daughter to use. She won't be using our room - I just put her as staying in the room so she can get CL access with us and only got her a Standard for sleeping. The second room (standard) only shows me. So - I'm shown as being in 2 rooms.

Our park tickets are not part of a package. But they are linked to us in the CL room. (No tickets linked to the standard room.)

The Standard room starts one day later than the CL room, because our daughter is arriving one day later.

The CL room, and the standard room can each accommodate 4 adults.

I did not know about SDFP. Thanks for explaining it.

I want to create phantom IDs and get bands for each of us.

Is it best to create 1 phantom person (PP1) for the CL room, and 2 more (PP2 & PP3) for the Standard room? That way we get the bands for free.

On day 1, my husband and I will use our own MBs for FP, and our daughters MB and PP1 MB for 2 sets of SDFP. Then starting on day 2, we use PP1, PP2, and PP3 for our SDFP. We do NOT want our daughters park ticket to start until day 2. (We have 6 day tickets for me and hubs but only 5 day ticket for her since she is arriving one day later) so we don't want to accidentally start her tickets on day 1.

Will that work?
I'm not sure if my being shown on both rooms will affect anything.
Do PP1, PP2, PP3, need to be a certain age? Can they be 1 year old? (So we can keep them around as under 18 for 17 more years)
Is it against any policies to show people as being in the room, when they are not?

Yes! City Hall has two FP+ kiosks. Just inside towards the right side. It's by the door that exits where the restrooms are.

And you're not required to wait in any line that may have formed coming out the front doors. Just bypass the line by going around to the right wall of the building and enter by the side door. (You can enter by the front doors, but you don't want to stress out people who are in line who might think you are cutting.) The kiosks are adjacent to that side door inside City Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter