SCUPPER THE SOOTHSAYER (EDITION #2)

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) The new overhead "system" went down yesterday for OVER three hours.
2) I predicted this hen they announced the gondola system.
3) As a mechanical engineer (in transportation vehicles and systems) I saw nothing but problems.
4) Of course Ogre (aka: Iger) was only interested in bonus money and not guest experience(s).
. . . I, also, predicted the slow start, or non-start, of the Galaxy Edge rides.
. . . Disney, in published remarks, even claims low attendance at G.E.
5) To save money, Ogre laid off most of the Imagineering staff, and uses contractors.
6) These folks are LOWEST BIDDERS, and not as dedicated as employees, to make rides/systems effective.
7) As far as the gondolas, they are NOT designed for the amount of use and abuse as at Disney.
8) Look for mere-and-more-and-more breakdowns and complaints.
9) Then, look for kids or older adults who can't wait to pee for 2-3 hours during a breakdown!

NOTE #1:
. . . LOOK FOR FURTHER DELAYS AND GUEST DIS-SATISFACTION.
. . . THIS WAS A GOOD COST REDUCTION IDEA ON-PAPER, BUT NOT IN REALITY.
. . . (This was like saying city mass-transit will pay for itself.)
. . . Way to go OGRE !!!

NOTE #2:
. . . Due to these and other mistakes, DIS/ABC makes profit on movies
. . . But, park attendance is way-way-way down, and probably won't recover soon.
. . . Universal-Orlando now has taken over as best-voted Amusement park, IN-THE-WORLD.

NOTE #3:

. . . To Ogre - - - Just because you build it, they will not come !

LOL. You are clearly an engineer with ZERO knowledge of ski resort operations. These gondolas generally operate in MUCH worse conditions than central Florida. So, please don't embarrass yourself: strike points 3 and 7 off your list.

That said, the snafu the other day is very surprising. I predict it was operator error somehow.

LOL. You are clearly an engineer with ZERO knowledge of ski resort operations. These gondolas generally operate in MUCH worse conditions than central Florida. So, please don't embarrass yourself: strike points 3 and 7 off your list.

That said, the snafu the other day is very surprising. I predict it was operator error somehow.
Kind of surprised to see @TheRustyScupper putting his professional designation out there. I'm sure there plenty of other professional engineers; Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, who worked on this system and actually signed off on the work. Personally I would not be so critical of my colleagues and call into question their work without good reason.

The recent incident was probably a combination of both operator error and engineering design flaw. Closed systems like these should have fail-safes in place to prevent this type of incident. Engineers do their best to anticipate every possible out of bounds condition and prevent it. But, with a new design it is difficult to make it completely foolproof since God designs a new fool every few seconds. Personally I suspect it may have been related in some way to the fascinating system for sidelining and injecting the handicap gondolas, as this seems to me to be new tech (at least I haven't been to a ski-hill with such a fancy system) but that is really just a guess.

The really cool thing about this accessible gondola tech will be if they can fit it to future ride systems, preventing those service interruptions when continuous motion systems must be paused for difficult transfers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter