Sci Fi worth it?

We were thinking about eating here during our October trip. We would go for dinner but would probably order burgers and stuff and just pay out of pocket. Then we would have the extra TS credit to use at CRT dinner another day. I'm wondering if people think this makes good sense to do this.

My wife and I agree that Sci-Fi was great for a first time experience, but I don't think we'd go back there again. The atmosphere is fun because it's like being at a 1950's drive-in. The food was decent, but it was nothing spectacular. IMHO it was very comparable to counter service food.

The service was very good. :)

We almost always stop there on our trips. The movie clips could use some updating, but I love it because I saw most of those bad movies! I thought the ribs were great. And the Margheritas are good, too :earsboy:

We ate at Sci-Fi on my birthday this past December and decided to pay OOP - the meal wasn't too expensive and we decided that a nice dinner would be a better way to spend a table credit than lunch there.

I've been a life-long fan of the place since we went for the fist time 15 years ago, so we always make a point to go on every trip!

I look forward to going there for lunch every trip. Sitting in a car with a burger and a milkshake watching cheesy clips. It's a great break from a HOT day at DHS! It's an attraction of it's own!
I will say that I prefer lunch to dinner. We went for dinner once years ago and we weren't impressed much. But it's still one of my favorites! :thumbsup2

The atmosphere is nice, but as my grandfather said "you can't eat atmosphere."

We never miss eating at the Sci Fi. My boys have loved this place since they were small and we have never been disappointed with the food. Maybe we are easy to please. It usually takes the length of the meal to see all of the movie clips. We also use one of our TS credits to eat here.

We like Sci Fi for lunch and will definitely go back. As one poster said, it's a nice, dark, cool break for a hot day. The burgers, fries, and shakes are fine. We prefer some place a little nicer for dinner. Since we get TiW meals credits are not a problem. I think it would be a fun experience for your family, but you might want to consider paying OOP for lunch.

We just got back from WDW and had a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi. IMHO.. we won't go back. The atmosphere was cool to see, but we really froze they had the temps so cold there and even my burger was cold, not even luke warm. My dad is HUGE into old movies and TV shows and he said only one looked familiar to him. My husband got a really bad headache from the lights they have in the dashboards and my kids walked out wearing their food because they couldn't see that well :lmao:! Our waitress never came back to check on us and someone else brought our food to us and we didn't see our waitress for almost 45 mins later - hmmm maybe she had a long break? When we did find her we had to ask for a refill of our pop and her response was "ooops" so I am wondering if she forgot about us? However, there is always either a "love it or hate it" review so my theory is maybe everyone should try it to just judge for themselves.

We just ate there in February for lunch and LOVED it. We had shakes, onion rings, and cheeseburgers. They were good and the atmosphere was so much fun; what I think dining at Disney should be, IMHO. Was the food fantastic? No. But it was good and we had a great time. The food was much better than at 50's Primetime, btw.

We do it for lunch most every yearly trip. I would not do it for dinner. You can have a very good lunch there if you stick with basic lunch foods. The best foods there are the burgers, onion rings, Grilled chicken sandwiches, spinach dip, milk shakes, and alcohol drinks. The atmosphere is nice and it's refreshingly cool and dark in there. Nice to get out of the Florida sun, especially on hot days. The desserts are nice too. I really have never understood why people pick on this place. We have never had a bad lunch there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter