Schwans Food

DisneyFan32WI

Grumpy Cat
I have recently been ordering from Schwans, and I just want to say that they have some really, really good food! The yellow truck would stop at just about all the houses in my subdivision, so I was feeling left out. I placed an online order, and that was how it all started! Some of my faves include:

1. Cheddar & herb biscuits
2. Mozzarella sticks
3. Strawberry supreme low-fat frozen yogurt
4. Mixed berry frozen yogurt

What are some of your favorite items? Anything to stay away from?

I love finding new things like this!!

I'm curious. Is it budget friendly? Might be a good summer option when I don't feel like cooking, but need a quick dinner????

My hubby works for Schwan's (retail side), but he gets a discount for home delivery. His parents who are getting up there in years have him order stuff for them all the time since it's convenient and easy for them to fix. His mom always tells us to add in a few things of whatever we want. Here's our favs:

*Scalloped potatoes
*Popcorn shrimp
*Chocolate chip cookie icecream sandwiches (Yum!)
*Daughter likes the cheeseburger, although they are nothing great IMO

MIL said the chicken quesadilles and enchiladas (sp?) are really good too.

Hmmm...I do like the garlic/butter bread.

We've been doing Schwans for about 6 or so years now. I don't get all their variations of food (mostly no-meat products as we buy 1/4 of a cow each year, etc.) but I find their frozen veggies to be some of the freshest (for frozen) and best tasting vegetables I have ever had/served.

Here are some of our faves:

* shrimp scampi
* cheese breadsticks
* Heath bar ice cream
* microwave green beans
* cream cheese micro pretzels

I also think they are expensive, so we are cutting back!

Not that budget friendly and if I didn't order every time the guy got an attitude and told me he didn't want to waste his time if I wasn't planning on ordering every time. I told him not to come back!

I've been ordering for the past year but I just recently stopped because I could do better at the local grocery stores through price and calories and additives. I do really like the Cheddar and Herb Biscuits, though! :lmao:

My mom used to order a few things from Schwans when I was younger. My brother LOVED their lemon pepper chicken. And he is a pretty picky eater. They do have some really good food. :)

We don't order much. I don't think it's a bargain but it's convenient and good! I like:

Key Lime Pie
Chicken Pot Pies
Lemon Italian Ice
and DS LOVES their boneless, chicken wings.

I agree with the chese biscuits and we like the mini strawberry paletta bars, so creamy and not many calories! The potato wedges were really good too! We also like some of the specialty ice creams. I really enjoyed the cinnamon this winter and husband has loved the raspberry ribbon with raspberry filled chocolates in it:thumbsup2

It is expensive but we don't get a lot from them and the paletta bars are woth it!

It has been years since I have ordered from them. With my family (especially having all boys besides me) it is too expensive. Everyone seems to really like the cheddar buscuits, I make the ones that have the recipe on the back of the bisquick box and my family LOVES them. I have to make a double batch! They are very good and pretty cheap to make. ;)

Most of the ice cream novelties, five cheese garlic bread, lemon pepper chicken, most of the chicken items, natural casing weiners, frozen pizza,
French baguette bread, quik tators, french fries, chocolate chip cookies, and my absolute favorite, Turtle Dessert for One.:goodvibes

Gee, this thread reminded me... I ordered something from Schwan's when they were having some type of promotional offer - there was some type of code to get something free, I think, or really, really reduced. That was back in, let me think... August. I'm still waiting...

My mom used to order from them when I was younger and I LOVED their Peppermint ice cream at Christmastime. :thumbsup2 I see their truck in my neighborhood all the time, but it seems like when I checked into it it was expensive. :confused:

I like the quality of their food but thought they were much too expensive. The ice cream is good but almost six dollars for a container that isn't even a half gallon. I just couldn't justify the cost.

My parents have ordered from them I would say for over 20 years. DH's parents order from them as well.

These our some of our favorites:
Chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches (as a PP mentioned these are great, but average a dollar a piece)
Double fudge brownie yogert (something like that, close second to the choc chip ice cream sandwich)
Breaded chicken strips (we get these everytime they come)
Heath/Toffee Ice cream bars (brown popsicles as DD calls them)
DH got one of the individual lasanga things from his mom, he said it was goo to take for lunch
Roasted chicken breast halves are good too
I think the cheddar bisquits are okay, my aunt gets them quite often
RIP old chicken patties, they were the best. They changed the recipie and they are not as good now.
They have lots of other good things I probably did not mention.

It is their portion/serving that they list on their food that I find funny. A serving is 2 chicken strips :confused3 Maybe for a kid or a half of roasted chicken. DH was still hungry after he ate a whole one lol.

Hooked because they're just so darn easy to use.
Lots of the veggies (carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, veggie mixes), pierogies. Pasta and brown rice packs. Single chicken breasts because they're packaged singly and easy to use. And the pre-cooked, so all you have to do is microwave them, Angus steak burgers that really are good!

Luckily, my guy is OK with my slightly inconstant schedule - he calls if I haven't placed on online order (which I love).

Yes, it's a little pricey, but it saves trips to the grocery store and saves time (which I think is way more valuable).

I've ordered a few times from them. The people down the street get stuff regularly so sometimes I'll catch him to get those Mint Chocolate Chip Sundae cones. We've ordered other stuff before but not so much anymore.... that stuff is some of THE most unhealthy food out there....it's nothing but preservatives and additives, and most everything has trans-fats as well. :sick:

I don't order from them for this very reason... :confused3 A lot of the stuff they sell isn't healthy! And I am not a health nut, I just feel that I can make smarter shoices at the grocery store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter