scheduled DME, then changed our resort

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
Planned our [split stay] trip, set up DME from the airport to resort 1 and back to the airport from resort 2, and then a month later we changed resort 1. Do I need to make another "reservation" with DME to the current resort? Or just leave it alone and take care of it once we land at MCO. I know that ME *will* let us on, etc. I'm just wondering if there's any kind of protocol with this.

It should be fine. Your DME reservation is linked with your resort reservation. You could always call to double check, but I wouldn't stress about it.

You won't need another reservation. I scheduled DME for POFQ and then got a reservation to POP three days earlier. I didn't change DME. When I got to the counter the CM checked that I had the POP reservation and off I went.

If your resort confirmation number changed, you need to contact DME. If it didn't change, you're fine

If the worse happens and ME doesn't see the new resort when you check in (this has happened to me) I simply told them that it was wrong, they were able to look somewhere and see the update. Plus I could show them on my phone.

If you are using bag tags you may want to write in the new resort. They are supposed to scan and sort based on that but you never know when they'll get lazy and look at the tag info instead.

If you are using bag tags you may want to write in the new resort. They are supposed to scan and sort based on that but you never know when they'll get lazy and look at the tag info instead.
Agree with this. When DME scans the bag, your correct resort will show, but there's no harm in taking a Sharpie and correcting it on the yellow tag itself.

When are you leaving? You can also update your DME reservation information through the online form. There's a box to check to indicate whether you've provided DME info previously. In my own experience, if I had enough time, I have actually been sent updated yellow tags to use.

We don't leave until May, so we have lots of time. We haven't received anything in the mail yet (obviously) but I just like to have all of my bases covered because we are the people that if there's a slow line or there's some sort of snafu with paperwork that makes things take 3x longer, it'll happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter